KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Crysis 2

Crysis 2
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Crysis 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ5CKd-yel0

For the first time ever, Crytek is making Crysis multiplatform on 360,PS3, and PC but not the first one or the other called Warhead, just the sequel which looks awesome.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 11:47 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

For the first time ever, a sequel may have inferior graphics to the predecessor.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 04:06 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Probably not on the PC, maybe consoles.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 06:09 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
For the first time ever, a sequel may have inferior graphics to the predecessor.

You mean reasonable PCs may actually be able to run it now!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 01:51 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by BackFire

Now now, you know that wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

But yeah. Crysis will have to be cut down significantly to work on consoles.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 02:25 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
You mean reasonable PCs may actually be able to run it now!

Reasonable computers can play the original and sequel now.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 02:27 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by Smasandian
Reasonable computers can play the original and sequel now.

Oh I understand, I wasn't very clear...reasonable pc's will be able to run it at high end now?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 03:09 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yep.

You don't need a crazy high end computer.

Crysis Warhead is better optimized than the original and you can play it at high on $1000 dollar computer.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 11:15 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 11:29 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

The game doesnt look inferior to the first running on the ps3 plain to see from the vids, taking swipes at console gamers is for kids btw.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 11:58 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Juk3n
The game doesnt look inferior to the first running on the ps3 plain to see from the vids, taking swipes at console gamers is for kids btw.

But we all know that console gaming is inferior.

On a more serious note, Crysis 2 looks pretty damn good. They probably reworked and optimized the engine by a fair bit. We'll see how it turns out on the consoles, but the PC version will certainly be the best looking one.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention: the fact that Crysis 2 is coming out on the 360(while looking just as good), is a kick to the crotch to the notion of supposed significant superior hardware capabilities of the PS3.

Last edited by ArtificialGlory on Mar 5th, 2010 at 01:03 AM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 12:53 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

The multiplayer demo for this is out. Anyone played it?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 04:21 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hammerhans
Legend

Really, that sounds coo, but perhaps you could tell us where to download it? smile

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 02:47 PM
Hammerhans is currently offline Click here to Send Hammerhans a Private Message Find more posts by Hammerhans Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bladewind

I would play it if it weren't Xbox exclusive. Not even that will make me buy a console. However I have pre-ordered the limited edition. ^^

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 04:42 PM
Bladewind is currently offline Click here to Send Bladewind a Private Message Find more posts by Bladewind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Hammerhans
Really, that sounds coo, but perhaps you could tell us where to download it? smile

No problem stick out tongue

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 05:03 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I played it and so far its the best looking game I Have played on the 360. It was fun to boot though it had the cod influence.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 07:50 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Yeah... I dunno. It looks good but you can tell it's taxing the 260, lol. It takes a minute for the textures to load.

Also, am I the only one who feels that the controls are kind of... blocky, I guess?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 07:54 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

No, I agree, Blax. The controls are a little stiff, I guess you could say. This seems to be a common problem with multiplatform shooters.

That said, the graphics are pretty damn nice for a 360 game. Still, this is one I'm going to be getting on the PC.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 07:59 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Same here. Of course, I'll have to play it on the lowest possible settings until I get a new CPU and more ram... but I think it'll still be smoother than on the 360.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 08:11 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
The multiplayer demo for this is out. Anyone played it?

I've gave it a few rounds.. I really like the speed and pacing.. and how fast you can die if you're not careful.. they are using perks sortof as well.. (i.e. one of them allows you to enter stealth faster than normal) and there are killstreak rewards.. I think my personal beef is that the pistol seems really bad.. or maybe everyone is just using "maximum armor" -_-.. which they prolly are with my luck

I'd definitely recommend to try the demo

[this was the 360 demo I tried mind you.. I'd def take a crack at a pc demo of this @_@]

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 27th, 2011 01:19 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote