KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Red Steel 2

Red Steel 2
Started by: k1Lla441

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sappho
Self-Made

Red Steel 2

A sequel to red steel and an upcoming first person shooter made by ubisoft paris for the wii. Set for release 4th quarter 2009.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Steel_2

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 03:46 AM
Sappho is currently offline Click here to Send Sappho a Private Message Find more posts by Sappho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

This I'll probably get, just to have a reason to pull out my Wii again sometime. Looks better than the Conduit at least IMO.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 04:25 AM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kero_Co
One Track Lover

Must buy for me, unless I'm broke and I have to choose between it and No More Heroes 2. It has a very nice art direction and I love that it makes use of MotionPlus. I can't wait to get my hands on this and some more M+ games.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 04:48 AM
Kero_Co is currently offline Click here to Send Kero_Co a Private Message Find more posts by Kero_Co Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

how much does motionplus cost?.. you can purchase it seperately right?

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 06:23 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I won't get this seeing as it is motion plus exclusive, they should have made it compatible with the normal wii-mote.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 06:51 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oh, so you have to buy a separate controller thing to be able to play this game? Now I'm starting to reconsider , unless someone convinces me that it's worth it.

Unlike most though, I actually did enjoy the first Red Steel. Granted, it was the first Wii title I had gotten, so I probably had low standards, not knowing what to expect, but I adapted and grew to like it in time. I feel I can do the same with this game too.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 07:54 AM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I too enjoyed Red Steel, and I do think it's underrated simply because everyone felt odd that we could aim without moving our entire body (which is more realistic then allother FPS).

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 08:56 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Red Steel was a decent effort and mostly for this reason alone- someone had to be first with a Wii FPS using the Remote. It's all very well for later ones to say they are better- well they are, but they all had Red Steel to look on and see how they could improve it.

(and let's not forget that Red Steel made it out in time for the Wii release day, which is better than most Nintendo games that were meant to did)

Basically they are now doing it again; the first serious attempt to try swordfighting with motionplus (I assume the Wii Sports Resort Swordfighting will be a basic showcase rather than an in-depth thing). People have talked fior so long about this, something I have always had my scepticism about. Well, now we will see.

It's probably worth a shot.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jun 2nd, 2009 at 02:35 PM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 10:10 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I seriously like the new art direction they're taking with this game. Don't really get the cowboy thing though.

Also, I hear that the game comes bundled with a Wii Motion Plus.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 08:40 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

from the video i saw with the motion plus sword fighting. it's really solid

and I love that you can use your sword whenever you want for this one

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 04:40 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Looking at the main character's design, is anyone else at least subtly reminded, in just an aesthetic view, of Clint Eastwood's character from "High Plains Drifter"? While I'm still new on the whole idea, I really like the character's design too. Bound to be better than "Scott-san".

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 12:48 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

lol Agreed, though I forget what Scott-san even looked like now.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 12:49 AM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I don't think he even had an appearance. I remember his silhouette supposedley having a mullet though...

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 12:52 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oh, that, and he was on the game's cover, but otherwise...

At least this game's main character will be much more fleshed out.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 01:06 AM