KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Metroid: Other M

Metroid: Other M
Started by: Mandrag Ganon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Metroid: Other M

Team Ninja and Nintendo have joined together to make a new edgier Metroid game...

Metroid: Other M.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/58948

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 05:26 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Complete awesomeness!!!! eek!

http://wii.ign.com/articles/989/989404p1.html

quote:

June 2, 2009 - Hardcore gamers wowed by the announcement of Super Mario Galaxy 2 at the Nintendo Media Briefing this morning better strap in for the next announcement. Nintendo is teaming with Team Ninja to create a brand new installment of the Metroid series for the Wii. Citing Team Ninja's "proven track record in the mature space" (Team Ninja is responsible for the Ninja Gaiden franchise), Nintendo president Reggie Fils-Aime is pleased to introduce a newer, darker look for Samus.

The trailer for Metroid: Other M shows off a huge action-oriented adventure with third-party views for epic fight scenes as well as some through-the-visor gameplay. In the teaser trailer, Samus is just tearing apart aliens and monsters with multiple weapons, including a winged beast the looks an awful lot like Ridley. (Really, once you see the trailer, you will realize you have never seen Samus like this; it's loaded with brutal action.) Fils-Aime also says the game will "take you deeper into Samus' story."

The partnership is an intriguing and promising step forward for not just Metroid, but Nintendo. Team Ninja is known for delivering seriously hardcore action. This is a recognition of the need to deliver core experiences for core gamers that have supported Nintendo in both fat and lean years.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 06:00 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Seeing Samus go melee is interesting. I'm hoping some of the 3rd person footage means what it seems to imply; that this will be mostly a 2.5-D sidescroller, with dramatic angles for big attacks.

Interestingly enough, after Retro's realistically-toned Samus, I'm not liking this glossy suit too much.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 06:30 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

It looks like there will be First Person in it.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 06:32 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
It looks like there will be First Person in it.

The shots are too quick to tell much, but it seems to me the majority of the game will be 3rd person, with the 1st person visor view likely contextual for specific sequences.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 06:33 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I see less "gloss" in this look than in Prime.

I'm gonna hope this is primarily a third-person game. I live real life in first-person view, and I don't need that kind of restriction in my video games.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 06:37 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by General Kaliero
The shots are too quick to tell much, but it seems to me the majority of the game will be 3rd person, with the 1st person visor view likely contextual for specific sequences.

That's what I thought.

Just posting the trailer.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e...her/50237?e3i=1

I'm just hopeing it delves more into the fate of the Chozo.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Jun 2nd, 2009 at 06:52 PM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 06:48 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I'm hoping for more info/details on Ridley myself, anyway it looks good.

Combination of 3rd person and first hmm, interesting.

Woah wait.....Mother Brain?!

Last edited by Neo Darkhalen on Jun 2nd, 2009 at 07:41 PM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 07:35 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Wait... was that Adam?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 07:44 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
Wait... was that Adam?

Yeah, the "Lady" quote implies rather heavily that that was Adam Malkovich.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 08:09 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Amazing.. so does that make it a clone of samus?..

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 09:31 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Looked very interesting.

I've not played any Metroids enough to remember anything other then the Prime series, who is Adam?

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 09:37 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Did anyone else see the Super Metroid style mother brain in the trailer? I also for some reason thought that the GFM Trooper is Sylux.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 11:08 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by Darth Jello
Did anyone else see the Super Metroid style mother brain in the trailer? I also for some reason thought that the GFM Trooper is Sylux.

Yes, I noted it in my post.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 11:08 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

So this is pretty much Ninja Gaiden Metroid?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 11:22 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Interestingly enough, after Retro's realistically-toned Samus, I'm not liking this glossy suit too much.

Me either, but meh. I'll get used to it probably.

Originally posted by Morridini
I've not played any Metroids enough to remember anything other then the Prime series, who is Adam?

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Commander_Adam_Malkovich

Did anyone else see the Super Metroid style mother brain in the trailer?

If you mean this, then hell yes.

(please log in to view the image)

I also for some reason thought that the GFM Trooper is Sylux.

Sylux? Eh, the suit doesn't look green enough to be him IMO. Plus, the guy was smiling. Sylux wouldn't smile at Samus if he hated her.

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
I'm hoping for more info/details on Ridley myself, anyway it looks good.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 11:22 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I thought Sylux was blue...Then again, I am color blind. Now they just need to make a sequel to Prime 3 to explain the ending and a Zero Mission style remake of Metroid 2 (which they started making anyway and then abandoned after the DS was announced). Maybe they can kill two birds with one stone?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 11:29 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I thought Sylux was blue...Then again, I am color blind.

His stolen suit is blue for the most part, but it also has shiny green spots here and there, which were not present on the GFM Trooper.

and a Zero Mission style remake of Metroid 2 (which they started making anyway and then abandoned after the DS was announced).

..... that's gay. Hate that they did that. Bullshit.

Maybe they can kill two birds with one stone?

Maybe , but I doubt it.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 11:39 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

It's sad, too, because most Metroid fans haven't played Return of Samus, and it was actually a really good game and introduced a great many of the current series' staples.

I just looked at the trailer again and paused on the screen that was flashed for a second. It said "Living body arms development lab" across the top. Looks like clones. That does not help my trepidation.

Last edited by General Kaliero on Jun 3rd, 2009 at 12:18 AM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 11:52 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Update. the game is now called Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 12:12 AM