KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » New Super Mario Bros. for the Wii

New Super Mario Bros. for the Wii
Started by: Mandrag Ganon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

New Super Mario Bros. for the Wii

4 Player New Super Mario Bros. for the Wii announced today.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10254399-1.html

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 05:36 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

this game sounds very "meh" to me

I'm much more excited about SMG2 and Metroid..

good luck none of them are coming out just yet

I still have to buy another Wii.. probably around August..

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 06:21 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

I think it'll be good.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 06:30 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

So basically it's the DS game with 4 players?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 07:28 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Sigh.

Nintendo, please stop remaking the same game a half-dozen times over...

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 08:36 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach
Sigh.

Nintendo, please stop remaking the same game a half-dozen times over...

Hmm you would think they would come up with NEW games for a NEW series...but alas no.

Hey at least we get Wii Fit 2

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 08:49 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Hmm you would think they would come up with NEW games for a NEW series...but alas no.

Hey at least we get Wii Fit 2

Seriously, I've been a fan of Nintendo for 20 years, and I know they're not perfect but they do tend to make very good games.

But it's a little tiresome with them just remaking older game after older game for their newer systems. Make something NEW, damnit! Come up with some new IPs, or do something different with the existing ones - just do something other than giving (insert random old game here) Wii or DS controls, please.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 08:53 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Oh I agree the first console I owned was an NES and then an SNES so I was have a bias towards them...but the fact that a DS game is going onto wii with the big difference being 4 players and then a galaxy 2 when there was a first one not so long ago (and they pretty much look exactly the same) topped with the recently released NES Punch out 2.0 (Wii edition) then you have to wonder what happened to the creative minds of the late 80's/90's.

Don't get me wrong I like the look of Punch out but it does seem to be the exact same NES game just dressed up with better graphics.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 08:57 PM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Oh I agree the first console I owned was an NES and then an SNES so I was have a bias towards them...but the fact that a DS game is going onto wii with the big difference being 4 players and then a galaxy 2 when there was a first one not so long ago (and they pretty much look exactly the same) topped with the recently released NES Punch out 2.0 (Wii edition) then you have to wonder what happened to the creative minds of the late 80's/90's.

Don't get me wrong I like the look of Punch out but it does seem to be the exact same NES game just dressed up with better graphics.

There have been a lot of remakes/sequels lately, so Nintendo's not the only one guilty of it...but it seems that it's making up most of what they're doing recently.

I didn't like SMG (I don't like 3D Mario games - I'm no fan of Mario 64 either), so SMG2 I am not at all interested in. If I were to play any Mario game on the Wii, it'd be this. But...why bother? I've played it on DS already. I'm not interested in multiplayer. What's the point?

I know I've said in the past that Nintendo has been doing a good thing by focussing on the casual market. However, I think at this point they've swung around to where continuing to do so is just harming them more than helping, because those of us who are not casual gamers that have Wiis are left with basically nothing new that's decent to play.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 09:01 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

There have been a lot of remakes/sequels lately, so Nintendo's not the only one guilty of it...but it seems that it's making up most of what they're doing recently.

I didn't like SMG (I don't like 3D Mario games - I'm no fan of Mario 64 either), so SMG2 I am not at all interested in. If I were to play any Mario game on the Wii, it'd be this. But...why bother? I've played it on DS already. I'm not interested in multiplayer. What's the point?

I know I've said in the past that Nintendo has been doing a good thing by focussing on the casual market. However, I think at this point they've swung around to where continuing to do so is just harming them more than helping, because those of us who are not casual gamers that have Wiis are left with basically nothing new that's decent to play.

There isn't one in honesty, It seems they are trying to fit in with a large percent of gamers who are only interested in multiplayer, and their whole notion of if games do not include multiplayer then they are fairly substandard...so it's just a case of releasing the same product add the ("now mandatory") multiplayer requirement and send it off to make some more cash.

Another problem I have is NSMB was an incredibly short game in the long run, so imagine playing it 4 player you would finish it in less then a day. erm And so far the only other thing they have decided to tell us is their will be new power ups which again won't increase lifespan.

Oh and it'll be fun trying to play multiplayer, yay friend codes. In truth this is the wii version of Left 4 Dead 2.

Edit: Just on the note of the wii's life it seems to me it's great for a month or two but people like yourself and I who have been gaming for many a good while are left with little challenge in their games catalogue; so it then becomes pointless to keep playing it when their is nothing to entice you back...no challenge and no games that can really drive you on to keep playing.

Last edited by Neo Darkhalen on Jun 2nd, 2009 at 09:17 PM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 09:07 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I have a feeling that the two toads are temporary stand ins for Wario and Waluigi. I hope they load this game with levels, retro and new items, secrets, and make at least some of the level near SMBLL in difficulty. I also hope (as noted in a previous post) they get around to releasing a complete version of SMB3

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 11:32 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

i wonder why no one complains about nintendo milking this franchise to death...

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 04:00 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

They should probably call their company Nintendo Repeat. Has a nice ring to it.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 04:07 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by WO Polaski
Indeed, but when Microsoft or Sony do it EVERYONE jumps up their ass.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 04:37 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I'm no fan of Mario 64 either
You're a monster. no expression

stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 04:38 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Re: New Super Mario Bros. for the Wii

Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
4 Player New Super Mario Bros. for the Wii announced today.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10254399-1.html

This game ought to be good, so I'll be looking forward to it.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 04:51 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by WO Polaski

Because people have their own opinions about what should and shouldn't be milked?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 05:15 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Because people have their own opinions about what should and shouldn't be milked?
Milking is a derogatory term.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 05:17 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

'Milking' doesn't stick as an attack when the fanbase has been crying out for a non-handheld 2D Mario for over a decade. This is simply giving the fans what they want.

I also see no indication that it is simply a DS remake.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 07:59 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

if the sales for the mario games werent phenomenal nintendo wouldnt care.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 01:37 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote