KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Last Guardian

The Last Guardian
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_D_J
Bane

The Last Guardian

Nobody's interesting in this?

Team ICO revealed the name of their lastest project: The Last Guardian

the leak trailer looked amazing, the new trailer is even better

... can wait for this game, SOTC was truly amazing experience in PS2, I'm confident this one will be epic as well

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/989/989601p1.html
quote:
E3 2009: Team ICO Presents The Last Guardian
The third project is officially unveiled.

June 2, 2009 - During Sony's press conference, the entire PlayStation community waited patiently for news of the next Team ICO project. That patience was rewarded when Sony officially pulled the curtain back on the upcoming PS3 exclusive: The Last Guardian.

The game was shown in the form of a new trailer, which includes some footage from the leak that happened a few weeks ago. The trailer features a young boy living in a ruined world alongside a massive, mythological creature. The two seem to have a powerful attachment and we all know how emotional the journey will be when it eventually hits store shelves.

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus were some of the finest games to be created for the PlayStation 2. The Last Guardian is sure to be one of the finest games for Sony's current-gen hardware.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 06:12 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Ahh yes "Project Trico" If it's anything like it's predecessors, well no words need describe it.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 06:13 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Looks like an amazing adventure. I'm really excited about it.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 06:31 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

the trailer was pretty amazing... but half the time it looks like you're controlling the hippogryph thingie

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 09:27 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Looks like The Neverending Story the Game.

Looks cool.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 09:41 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obsidian Fury

(please log in to view the image)

stick out tongue

In all seriousness, why does a lot of the interesting stuff come to PS? no expression

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 09:43 PM
Obsidian Fury is currently offline Click here to Send Obsidian Fury a Private Message Find more posts by Obsidian Fury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Because its japanese developers, for a japanese system, most likely..

I dont think they'd be ready to support a foreign system exclusively.. maybe except for cross-platform development..

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 10:10 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

And it's owned by Sony.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 10:48 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I'm guessing that when the Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection for the PS3 comes out, it won't be long 'til The Last Guardian gets released.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 02:07 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I forgot I made this thread big grin

the last trailer looked great...

and that music was sweet.

I'm really looking forward to this game... in the midtime, waiting for the Team ICO collection for PS3 smile

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 03:31 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I have good news but also bad news.

The good news: Last Guardian is NOT cancelled.

The bad news: Someone sneezed and now the game suffers a heavy case of Forever Syndrome.

quote:
“I will not give you a detailed update, but I will say one thing and it goes back to innovation and to gamers and to quality. That title is going to ship when it’s absolutely ready... And I think that’s a really important thing to remember, is that it would be very easy to ship a game when it’s not quite ready because we need to meet a business plan.”

Uh oh.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 04:23 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

**** this game, it was one of the two games I originally bought a PS3 for, and it's still not out...

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 08:34 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

And if Sony's lead designer didn't leave, it would've been out already but since he did, our prediction for the release date of Last Guardian is as good a guess as Team Ico's. Thanks Fumito for not staying a little bit longer.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 08:56 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

And you have no idea if that's true.

He left and then went back to them right away as a consultant.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 09:39 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
And you have no idea if that's true.

He left and then went back to them right away as a consultant.

You're right. I'm sorry for pulling that out of my ass. Oh wait...

http://playstationlifestyle.net/201...solutely-ready/

quote:
The Last Guardian’s problems became apparent when lead designer, Fumito Ueda, left Sony last year. We could only presume the title would have been done by now if he stayed on as a full employee (he’s currently contributing to the title in a freelance capacity), so it’s anyone’s guess when Sony could eventually release the game.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 10:54 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I like the word presume.

The writer of the article, who is not part of the developing team is making a guess that the reason why the game is taking so long to develop is because the head honcho left and then came back right away.

Again, we don't know if that's true or not.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 11:08 PM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I can't believe no one commented on this.
This is one of the most anticipated games for PS4.

We all thought it would be cancelled, then BOOM, Sony brought the '1-2-3 strike' at this year's E3 conference.

It's nice to see Wander/Ico live on through 2 separate beings.
I hope he/they finally manage to escape the castle.
EDIT:
...unless TLG is actually a prequel to SotC.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Last edited by AsbestosFlaygon on Jun 24th, 2015 at 01:19 PM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 01:05 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I am definitely looking forward to playing this on my Playstation 7 in 2034.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 02:05 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah. They won E3 because of a remake non exclusive and Last Guardian....a game in development for an eternity and the head honcho was a "consultant" on the product.

Let's see if this thing actually gets released and show something more than just the same area.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 02:53 PM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

We got a bunch of haters here.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 03:29 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote