KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The next Zelda game

The next Zelda game
Started by: Raijin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

The next Zelda game

Get's a good mention in this interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aBqyvH3qmI

Seemingly official artwork that popped up at zeldauniverse recently, with the same artstyle as in the artwork of Twilight Princess.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 12:22 AM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Oh my!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 12:25 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Looks like a female Zant.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 12:35 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Maybe, but to me it looks more like a Sage or a spirit of some sort and her overall design looks like the great fairies and fairy queen from Wind Waker.

But I'm more curious about how the game will play without a sword.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 12:54 AM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Alot of fans are actually speculating that the little girl is supposedly some sort of personification/manifestation of the Master Sword based on her physical features. I'm personally holdng my judgement until they actually unveil a little more, as long as that may take.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 01:35 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

But, swords are what make Zelda....umm, Zelda.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 02:02 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Zelda needs a re-boot, IMO.

TP was awesome, but a re-imagined OOT can only go so far, if you ask me.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 02:08 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

About as true as you can get, that statement. Judging from his comments over the last few years, Miyamoto is very much aware of Zelda's need for change, though.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 07:16 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

The spirit looks like the Queen of all fairies from Wind Waker. Based on where his shield is...God, I hope they don't make Link right-handed. What I'm really looking for in a major console sequel tho is something to fill in some of the untold stories that people agree on regardless of what order you think the games go in. Specifically, the war before Ocarina of Time, The war with the first Link alluded to in Minish Cap, Ocarina, Tingle's Rupeeland, and Twilight Princess, and the incident leading to the flood.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 08:44 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The flood wouldn't be much fun as a Zelda game as it is specifically a period where Link is not there.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 11:12 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

hmm... boats... trains... and now no sword... what is happening to my franchise?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 01:07 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

To be honest, I loved Wind Waker. The sailing aspect was a clever twist on the whole adventure, and I liked using the boat claw to look for treasure and the Triforce.

Still, I had an epiphany:

What about Zelda meets the technological age? Sorta like Zelda meets FFVII. Imagine Link being able to use gadgets and planes and stuff?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 03:18 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Well, guys, I'm convinced that the Master Sword is still in the picture.

Yep.

Though I guess this means Midna won't be returning... aww.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 03:40 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Oh hell yeah, new Zelda. And with the traditional, nice art style!

(yeah, I still can't get over how much I despise the cel-style of the Wind Waker games)

quote:
What about Zelda meets the technological age? Sorta like Zelda meets FFVII. Imagine Link being able to use gadgets and planes and stuff?

Ugh. No >.<

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 05:38 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Well, guys, I'm convinced that the Master Sword is still in the picture.

Yep.

Though I guess this means Midna won't be returning... aww.

Based on the picture, if this is a prequel, then there is a high possibility that Midna is returning. Just not in the roll that you want her to be in...

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 05:52 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

I doubt it's a prequel to TP, just look at Link, he looks taller than he did before.

The girl has some obvious similarities to the Master Sword, I mean, look at her shape, the jewel and the metalic looking part on the bottom of her dress.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 06:06 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Darth Jello
Based on the picture, if this is a prequel, then there is a high possibility that Midna is returning. Just not in the roll that you want her to be in...

Prequel would not have the Hero's Tunic. Simple as that.

No, this is a sequel to TP.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 06:10 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Different Link. And if it is the game I hope it is, that spirit will become the Master Sword as we know it by the end of the game and Midna and her tribe will be the villains.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 06:13 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Darth Jello
Different Link. And if it is the game I hope it is, that spirit will become the Master Sword as we know it by the end of the game and Midna and her tribe will be the villains.

Mm... no. It's TP Link. Hair, pants, shield on the left hand, chain mail under the tunic.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 06:15 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

/It'll be Ganon again.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 06:15 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote