KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Project Natal (xbox 36o)

Project Natal (xbox 36o)
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Project Natal (xbox 36o)

Project Natal (pronounced "nuh-tall") is the code name for a "controller-free gaming and entertainment experience" by Microsoft for the Xbox 360 video game platform. Based on an add-on peripheral for the Xbox 360 console, Project Natal enables users to control and interact with the Xbox 360 without the need to touch a game controller, through gestures, spoken commands, or presented objects and images. The project is aimed at broadening the Xbox 360's audience beyond its typically hardcore base.

wikipedia.org

I saw this device being demo'd on E3 on xbox live. It looks promising for the non-hardcore fans. It's looking like a Wii killer. The games seemed pretty simple.

I don't think i'll be getting it. it's a cool concept but it seems to simple. Unless they come out with something catering to my need which is hardcore, which isn't going to happen with this device seemingly, i'll pass.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 04:02 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tsal Can

Hm, Milo is freaky in my honest opinion sad

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 04:24 PM
Tsal Can is currently offline Click here to Send Tsal Can a Private Message Find more posts by Tsal Can Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Is this the same thing as Milo?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 04:37 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

I'll get it depending on the price.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 04:44 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

So.....Xbox wii or........Xbox eyetoy......Yeah I don't think it'll work tbh...who knows if it does then Milo will be a revolutionary game.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 05:20 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Milo isn't a game. It's a tech demo to show off the possibilities of Project Natal.

It looks catered towards casual games, but you never what developers will think of when it gets released.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 05:30 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

i've heard aboutbeen following this for several months.

it's the Wii if the Wii didn't suck. not really. butis basically like a wii+. full body control instead of just your arms...

Here's the concept video for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_txF7iETX0

i agree with the guy who last commented on the video i highly doubt the actual device will be that cool.

but if it is...

the technology isnt that advanced. its not impossible either. in fact movies have been using it for ten+ years.

edit- another video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie02...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09-yAnwiIRU

Last edited by AthenasTrgrFngr on Jun 8th, 2009 at 06:10 PM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 06:05 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You can go too far. The Wii Remote has been badsly used by many companies who just subsitute wagglign the Remote for button pressing, despite the waggle being slower and less reliable, thus making for WORSE control. Only certain games have used the Remote properly (Suepr Mario Galaxy being the one that has done it best so far).

Translate that to whole body movement with no buttons involved at all and you have the recipe for a whole bunch of crap.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 06:10 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

you also have a recipe for complete badassery. *shrug* you're right, but, nothing risked nothing gained ya know?

the worse that can happen is that itll suck and people wont buy it. microsoft makes soo much money it wont really matter either way.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 06:15 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Milo isn't a game. It's a tech demo to show off the possibilities of Project Natal.

It looks catered towards casual games, but you never what developers will think of when it gets released.
I've read that Milo will be a game.. I think its geared towards raising a responsible kid or some crap.. which you know 90% of todays parents or wanna-be parents will fail at

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 06:17 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I've read that Milo will be a game.. I think its geared towards raising a responsible kid or some crap.. which you know 90% of todays parents or wanna-be parents will fail at

I have enough raising my kids to be bothered raising Milo. Maybe the game its gear towards young/tween girls.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 07:05 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by WO Polaski
it's the Wii if the Wii didn't suck. not really. it's basically like a wii+. full body control instead of just your arms..

Body control instead of just your arms and controllers or ("wands").

And expensive platforms. ('cough' wii fit.)

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 08:15 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

Project Natal is soooooooooooooooooooooo retarded

Starlock Rocks at Making Sigs...Judas Priest is Back!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 11:10 PM
Ultimate Wil is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Wil a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Wil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

If the technology works like they're saying it will, it's truly going to change gaming. Not the full-body controls, but the level of interaction that becomes possible. It would provide the next level of immersion--imagine, you're playing a war game where you're shouting orders in the midst of battle.

Hell, imagine a conversation in Mass Effect, where you're actually in the conversation.

Of course, this is all assuming the technology is truly up to the bar they're setting.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 11:26 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Ushgarak
You can go too far. The Wii Remote has been badsly used by many companies who just subsitute wagglign the Remote for button pressing, despite the waggle being slower and less reliable, thus making for WORSE control. Only certain games have used the Remote properly (Suepr Mario Galaxy being the one that has done it best so far).

Translate that to whole body movement with no buttons involved at all and you have the recipe for a whole bunch of crap.

Yeah, i agree with that completely. I'm sure the software will blow but everyone will buy it.

I'm like everyone else. I would like to see the dawn of virtual reality but this motion sensing crap is nothing more than an expensive and empty gimmick.

To me, the natal seems to say that Microsoft isn't content with their fan base, so they are going to one up the Wii and steal their gamers. Mean while, the gamers get to suffer because we have to sit and choose between several different pieces of shit that have similar features but completely different games. Microsoft gets you every which way and this is just another scam..,i'm sure.

What ever happened to the goddamn controller? That was fine, i mean it sufficed enough to encourage people to buy three or four 360's every two years after their machines died.

That's another thing. If Microsoft can't even get a gaming console right, what makes them believe that they can properly develop some futuristic full motion and voice sensing technology? Oh, wait, yeah...,they dont expect to. They just expect us to buy what ever piece of crap they drop on our heads.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Jun 9th, 2009 at 12:23 AM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 12:20 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

all companies are like that jinxed. its just that some have the intelligence and initiative to do it while most dont.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 01:17 AM
jinXed by JaNx

oh yeah, i know, but i don't think it's intelligence or initiative that inspires a company to tread in new waters, I think it is money wink I went the long way around the building to say that just that...,it's all about money and rarely ever about the games and experiences. I don't mean to sound like a purest or anything i just wish that more developers would go about things with "fun" in mind rather than money. But, i guess that's business huh and their are plenty of development teams out there that just want to entertain, i know that but i just don't sense any heart coming from this natal thing laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 01:37 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

the money is the intitiative. microsoft is greedy yeah one of the greediest. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 01:45 AM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by WO Polaski
the money is the intitiative. microsoft is greedy yeah one of the greediest. stick out tongue

Can't really blame them at the end of the day it's a business and the whole point of a business is to make money. But there greed is excessive.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 01:55 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

oh yes. i hope that im one day successful enough to **** people over and get tons of money. thats my dream. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 01:56 AM