KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition

The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition

The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition getting released later this year

quote:
character art and hand-painted environments in the style of the original, presented in 1080i widescreen (1920 x 1080 resolution). It also features a re-recorded and re-mastered score, and the principal voice artists from The Curse of Monkey Island read the previously unspoken lines, with Dominic Armato as Guybrush, Alexandra Boyd as Elaine, and Earl Boen as LeChuck

The interface itself is streamlined, hiding the verb table and inventory that previously took up the lower part of the screen. These, including the nine-option verb table from the enhanced editions of the game, can be pulled up as a menu, while verbs can also be selected by cycling through pre-set commands. Another new feature is the three-level hint system, which (at the third level) presents a bright yellow arrow showing the player where to go.

The developers also added a close-up of Spiffy, the dog in the Scumm Bar, that was deleted from the original versions due to space considerations, despite appearing on the back of the box.

It is possible to switch between the updated version and the 256-color enhanced version of the game at any point during gameplay.

I'll deffenitly be checking this one out.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2009 04:11 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jun 21st, 2009 08:45 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Have to say, this looks gorgeous.

I cannot wait for release.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 06:26 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I hope they release a re-mastered version of The Curse of Monkey Island.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 07:07 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Why does that one need a re-mastered version its perfect with the animated style.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 07:26 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Maybe a Director's Cut version or something

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 08:09 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Why does that one need a re-mastered version its perfect with the animated style.

Because it is bloody impossible to find a version of it that works on Vista.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 08:31 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Not my problem and thats Vista for ya.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 09:16 AM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Curse of Monkey Island was the first game I played in the franchise, then I played 4, which for the most part, I liked.

Then I played 1 and 2, which were both better than 4, but about as good as 3.

This remake looks awesome, and I'll definately get it.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 08:00 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

A very detailed look at the upcoming achievements for this game.

SOMI achievement list

You know what you need to do.

Last edited by Neo Darkhalen on Jul 6th, 2009 at 08:08 PM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 08:04 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Monkey Island 2 Special-Uber Edition

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 09:31 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Monkey Island 2 Special-Uber Edition

You realize that's someone's pet project and not an official game, yes?

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 04:11 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Either way it was done good.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 09:24 AM
Mead6245

it is released, we can download it by verycd.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 09:22 AM
Mead6245 is currently offline Click here to Send Mead6245 a Private Message Find more posts by Mead6245 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote