KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Should Capcom Bring back the Hook Man?

Should Hook Man come back?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 2 40.00%
No 3 60.00%
Total: 5 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Should Capcom Bring back the Hook Man?
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Should Capcom Bring back the Hook Man?

In 2004, Capcom tried to take a supernatural approach with their famous franchise Resident Evil. Before the PS2 version of RE4 was released, Capcom released a demo at E3 (forgot which year) of the supernatural horror RE game called "Hook Man".

The plot of the game was about Leon Kennedy investigating a haunted mansion and gets stalked by a ghost called the Hook Man, an angered spirit that wields a large hook with a long chain attached to the bottom.

The game has Resident Evil 4 gameplay and it has the classic Resident Evil camera view.

Sadly this game was never released and got deleted. Why Capcom did this I have no idea.

Here's a vid of the Hook Man before it got removed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e3qYoR6m8o

So do you think that Capcom should bring back the Hook Man or do you think that it should stay in the Deleted Graveyard?

Last edited by Nemesis X on Aug 22nd, 2009 at 04:46 AM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2009 04:37 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

No because it was a blatant rip off of the Scissor-Man from the great survival horror series Clock Tower. (Well at least the first 2 games were awesome.)

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2009 10:59 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

No instead they should bring back Darkstalkers. The bastards.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2009 11:15 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

Re: Should Capcom Bring back the Hook Man?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
In 2004, Capcom tried to take a supernatural approach with their famous franchise Resident Evil. Before the PS2 version of RE4 was released, Capcom released a demo at E3 (forgot which year) of the supernatural horror RE game called "Hook Man".

The plot of the game was about Leon Kennedy investigating a haunted mansion and gets stalked by a ghost called the Hook Man, an angered spirit that wields a large hook with a long chain attached to the bottom.

The game has Resident Evil 4 gameplay and it has the classic Resident Evil camera view.

Sadly this game was never released and got deleted. Why Capcom did this I have no idea.

Here's a vid of the Hook Man before it got removed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e3qYoR6m8o

So do you think that Capcom should bring back the Hook Man or do you think that it should stay in the Deleted Graveyard?

Why did they drop the Hook Man? Because it has no place in a game called Bio Hazard. The Hook man belongs in something like Silent Hill.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2009 01:48 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Why did they drop the Hook Man? Because it has no place in a game called Bio Hazard. The Hook man belongs in something like Silent Hill.

More like Clock Tower.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2009 04:55 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Re: Re: Should Capcom Bring back the Hook Man?

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia

Well it wouldn't hurt to have an alternate Resident Evil from time to time. Leon Kennedy in a haunted house sounds interesting and since the main story for Resident Evil is over, Capcom is gonna have to think about how to make more RE games. First step I think is to bring back the Hook Man.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2009 07:42 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Well it wouldn't hurt to have an alternate Resident Evil from time to time. Leon Kennedy in a haunted house sounds interesting and since the main story for Resident Evil is over, Capcom is gonna have to think about how to make more RE games. First step I think is to bring back the Hook Man.

Nah it has nothing to do with Biohazard/Resident evil.

Again if you want to play a game where you get chased by an seemingly invincible opponent all the time then go play Clock Tower.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2009 07:45 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Nah it has nothing to do with Biohazard/Resident evil.

Again if you want to play a game where you get chased by an seemingly invincible opponent all the time then go play Clock Tower.

It doesn't have to relate to the viral story to Resident Evil! Like I said, they can make an alternate Resident Evil meaning that it doesn't have to be part of the Sci-Fi version's story.

How in anyway does Hook Man remind you of Clock Tower?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2009 07:49 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

It doesn't have to relate to the viral story to Resident Evil! Like I said, they can make an alternate Resident Evil meaning that it doesn't have to be part of the Sci-Fi version's story.

How in anyway does Hook Man remind you of Clock Tower?

You mean Horror not Sci-Fi correct?

that cancelled RES 4 game is about a man (Leon) trapped in a house with an seemingly invincible stalker who chases you with a large deadly object throughout the entire game.

Clock Tower 1&2 are about a woman trapped in a house/library with a seemingly invincible stalker who chases you with a large deadly pair of Scissors throughout the entire game.

The only difference between the two is that you can use weapons in RES where in Clock Tower 1&2 you cannot.

Last edited by Neo Darkhalen on Aug 22nd, 2009 at 08:13 PM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2009 08:09 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Although this all being said they should totally use that cancelled version as the next Clock Tower game, now that Capcom owns the rights to the series and all.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2009 08:16 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

that didnt even come close to reminding me of clocktower.. maayyybe silent hill.. but not really..

anyways, the graphics in that early build curbstomped the actual release

I think capcom should take a crack at the supernatural as a new franchise, and wave bye to the hollywood cliche filled mess that RE has become

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2009 10:19 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
that didnt even come close to reminding me of clocktower.. maayyybe silent hill.. but not really..

I think capcom should take a crack at the supernatural as a new franchise, and wave bye to the hollywood cliche filled mess that RE has become

I'm inclined to agree with your last point. I'd like to see them start releasing a franchise which could actually be scary... Sidelined to the new Resident Evil titles.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2009 10:43 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

They already tried that once, it didn't work to good.

I don't see how people can't see the Clock Tower themes to that prototype either.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2009 10:49 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Naw dawg

Originally posted by NemeBro
No instead they should bring back Darkstalkers. The bastards.

This.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2009 11:30 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I remember seeing screenshot of the game, and how they were trying to top Silent Hill use of dinamic light, Leon infected by the virus and more stuff, and then playing the game and nothing of that was to be found

this trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjnEkGcvTmA

I like they ditch the supernatural feeling, RE4 was a great game the way it is, though they might have dropped the ball with RE5 (I still love it though) the action direction it took was for the better.

that video reminded me nothing like clock tower, I mean the hook man could have been just a enemy like many others in the game, not necessarily be chasing you, but who knows.
It looks more like silent hill then anything else (with the room changing when there's enemy and all)

If this was indeed running on Gamecube, I'm impressed, it look really good. They could have use it to make another game, another franchise, you know, keep the survival horror. Change Leon for another avatar and just go from there. I could work on Wii... or PS360 as well

it looks a lot like SH Homecoming anyways....

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2009 11:48 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote