KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Most well characterized Videogame characters

Most well characterized Videogame characters
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Most well characterized Videogame characters

What characters you believe are most characterized and relatable/like and why?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2009 09:56 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Ryu deserves the symbol more than anyone I can think of now. he's stood the test of time, he's aged gracefully, has gotten even stronger, smater and better, he's simple, humble, fearless, purely dedicated, and'll kick your asre rightfully so no matter who you are.

He's the best video game hand to hand fighter there is, inside and out of all of the thousands there are and ever been in video games. No one defeats him. and no one can match his heart (courage) I alwas thought so.

He is, indeed, the ultimate video game character.

Ryu.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 21st, 2009 11:46 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

(please log in to view the image)

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Oct 21st, 2009 11:52 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

inb4mario.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Ryu deserves the symbol more than anyone I can think of now. he's stood the test of time, he's aged gracefully, has gotten even stronger, smater and better, he's simple, humble, fearless, purely dedicated, and'll kick your asre rightfully so no matter who you are.

He's the best video game hand to hand fighter there is, inside and out of all of the thousands there are and ever been in video games. No one defeats him. and no one can match his heart (courage) I alwas thought so.

Ryu.

Pretty much what I'd say about him. Ultimate vg character may be a stretch for anyone, but Ryu is easily the fighting game genre's Gold Standard.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 12:02 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maccer from San Andreas. Easily the greatest character from any game.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 12:05 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kero_Co
One Track Lover

Luigi o_0

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 12:18 AM
Kero_Co is currently offline Click here to Send Kero_Co a Private Message Find more posts by Kero_Co Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by FistOfThe North

Ryu.
Which makes him all the more unrelatable considering he possesses a combination of "flawless" traits that make him a gold standard few could ever be.

Um, in terms of pure characterization I cannot answer now.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 01:13 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

There are worse characters who suffer much worse from it being, as opposed to the "Gold Standard" simply the "Paint-by-numbers". Not necessarily VG characters, but that's not what matters.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 01:25 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I am not saying Ryu is a bad character. I like Ryu.

But who here can claim to truly relate to him? no expression

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 01:47 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I don't think anyone's arguing with that. It's just that in my opinion, it doesn't take being relatable, or even necessarily being particularly likeable, to be a decent/good/great character. Hell, a good number of characters intentionally made to be likable tend to just be either annoying after a certain point, a weak stereotype (i.e. half of the main protagonists in Final Fantasy), or they just plain suck. IMHO, Ryu's one of the best protagonists to come out of Capcom due to a lack of being too relatable.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 02:06 AM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

how are most characters relatable? there are a very few superhuman characters that are relatable. Final fantasy heroes are a bit too over the top or overdone traits.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 02:13 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Commander Shepard for me.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 02:18 AM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Dude, relatability was stated in the OP lol.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 02:48 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Kratos

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 03:21 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Kratos

Really ?

so you've got lots of anger and like to let it out on people.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 04:38 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Andrew Ryan.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 04:51 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

solid snake
badassness aside, the conversations he has with other characters in mgs 1, and the way he reacted to real world subjects like war, nuclear waste storage, weapons of mass destruction, Russia's state as a nation blah blah blah - really made him seem like a believable, likable and relatable character, despite his ridiculously inhuman feats..hell, most of what i know about the cold war and nuclear weapons comes from that game, and i have snake to thank erm

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 06:32 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Nate Drake

Commander Shep

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 06:55 AM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

Originally posted by MadMel
solid snake
badassness aside, the conversations he has with other characters in mgs 1, and the way he reacted to real world subjects like war, nuclear waste storage, weapons of mass destruction, Russia's state as a nation blah blah blah - really made him seem like a believable, likable and relatable character, despite his ridiculously inhuman feats..hell, most of what i know about the cold war and nuclear weapons comes from that game, and i have snake to thank erm

This.

I'd also like to add Link. It's his courage that allowed to him to win his battles even when the odds are against him (Ganon with the Triforce). Unlike Ryu, he gets more popular as time goes by.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 01:07 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by NemeBro
Which makes him all the more unrelatable considering he possesses a combination of "flawless" traits that make him a gold standard few could ever be.

Um, in terms of pure characterization I cannot answer now.

Well, how is Ryu unrelatable really.

Do you not know people that posses some or all of those qualities? I do.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 01:35 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote