KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Nintendo DSi LL

Nintendo DSi LL
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_D_J
Bane

Nintendo DSi LL

Nintendo officially reveals the DSi LL

quote:

(please log in to view the image)

Early adopter burning FTW! Nintendo has announced that, less than a year after the launch of the DSi, a brand new, bigger, better DSi is on the way. We had already heard that a DSi with a bigger screen was coming, but today we have been given the new system's name, as well as the first images and specs.

The DSi LL will be getting a chunkier stylus, but aside from that, standalone pics of the system don't make it look any different from your average DSi. However, put it next to an older model and the significant size difference is clear. The DSi LL is ludicrously larger than the DSi.

The DSi LL will launch with three colors -- dark brown, wine red, and natural white. Nintendo has confirmed that the new version will be more expensive than the original DSi, due to its size. At least in Japan, the LL will ship with some DSiWare already loaded into the internal memory, but details about international launches are thin on the ground for right now (although a Euro release is confirmed).

If you want more information than you need, the DSi LL is 161x91.4x21.2mm in size and weighs 314g. It also has around two hours of extra battery life compared to the DSi.

So there you are. Sorry if you already bought a DSi, but Nintendo has a better one now. The best part is, if you bought DSiWare games for your original DSi, you can't upgrade without losing those games. Gotta love Nintendo and its ability to release ten billion versions of one handheld.

and:

Another new Nintendo handheld next year? Slow down!

quote:
Playing catch up with Nintendo is a b****. They keep making a bunch of little game systems that roughly do the same thing, and I keep buying them.

DS -> DS Lite -> DSi -> DSi LL -> ???

There might even be something else in the works. Analyst Hiroshi Kamide from KBC Securities Japan thinks we should expect it next year. He's thinking that Nintendo's workings with Nvidia may make a 2010 launch for a new portable likely. "Next year, I still suspect there's a new handheld turning up," he told AP.

I guess if you don't count the hardware revisions, the DS is kind of long in the tooth. What's this new thing going to have? Three screens? No cartridge slots?

good thing is just an analyst saying random stuff (just like that ass Patcher...)

but I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo does indeed launch a new handheld (besides the LL) next year

quote:
he best part is, if you bought DSiWare games for your original DSi, you can't upgrade without losing those games. Gotta love Nintendo and its ability to release ten billion versions of one handheld.

QFT

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on Oct 30th, 2009 at 07:06 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2009 07:02 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

nintendo sucks.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2009 07:04 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I'm very much inclined to buying one though... I skipped the DSi entirely, but this one looks sexy big grin

Old Post Oct 30th, 2009 07:17 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

How about they use the extra size to put port 2 back on it so that you can play GBA games and use accessories or (gasp) maybe even play original Game Boy games on it.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2009 08:02 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Cool I guess, though the point of the DS for me to have one is that I want it small and as handheld as possible.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2009 08:10 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Yeah but there comes a point where it's impractical and uncomfortable.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2009 08:18 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scythe
Cool I guess, though the point of the DS for me to have one is that I want it small and as handheld as possible.

I like it BIG

Old Post Oct 30th, 2009 09:58 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Darth Jello
Yeah but there comes a point where it's impractical and uncomfortable.

True.

Originally posted by S_D_J
I like it BIG

Haha, that looks like I'd break it if it was in my back pocket.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2009 10:10 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I wouldn't know since I don't usually sit on it

I like the idea of a bigger screen, especially considering the touch screen. Of course I know the resolution won't be increased or anything, it just a tad bit more precise... at least that's how I see it

Old Post Oct 31st, 2009 03:57 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Obviously intrigued by the idea of deliberately making something bigger.

I have heard people say they would like a bigger screen on the DS (though... you know... resolution and all...) so this might satisfy. I suspect this MIGHT be aimed at an older market- a version of the DSi that is easier to use, basically.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 31st, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Old Post Oct 31st, 2009 04:54 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

"Gotta love Nintendo and its ability to release ten billion versions of one handheld."

Couldn't say it better myself.

No thanks, but I'm sticking with the DS Lite.
I still love playing some of those good ol' GBA games sometimes.

EDIT:
314g! You've gotta be kidding me!
That's almost 2x the weight of a PSP Lite laughing out loud
Buy it if you don't mind straining your wrists

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Last edited by AsbestosFlaygon on Oct 31st, 2009 at 06:50 PM

Old Post Oct 31st, 2009 06:41 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

LoL.

A bazillion DSs. Funny.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Oct 31st, 2009 11:03 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Soon, the DS will have even more different versions of it made than the Game Boy did. no expression

There was like, the regular old fat Game Boy, then Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP...

Now it's DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi LL...
Next is DSi LLLL or DSi LL 2.0 I'm guessing? huh

Old Post Oct 31st, 2009 11:35 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Don't forget the Game Boy Micro

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 03:02 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Obviously intrigued by the idea of deliberately making something bigger.

I have heard people say they would like a bigger screen on the DS (though... you know... resolution and all...) so this might satisfy. I suspect this MIGHT be aimed at an older market- a version of the DSi that is easier to use, basically.

thumb up

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Soon, the DS will have even more different versions of it made than the Game Boy did. no expression

There was like, the regular old fat Game Boy, then Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP...

Now it's DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi LL...
Next is DSi LLLL or DSi LL 2.0 I'm guessing? huh

To be fair: the GB and GBAdvance are two different handheld consoles (like say PS1 vs PS2)... but yeah, they came out like 2 years after the other...

...and there's that bit about Nvidia working for Nintendo (which is actually true) so we could get a new handheld/console announcement as soon as next year

I hope the DSi LL has better speaker.... I'm really not much of a headphones fan erm

Last edited by S_D_J on Nov 1st, 2009 at 03:15 AM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 03:11 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by S_D_J
I hope the DSi LL has better speaker.... I'm really not much of a headphones fan erm

Same here.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 10:43 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I feel sorry for those who bought a DSi

/sarcasm

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 10:59 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

its probably good if you skipped on the DSi.. but I didnt and I rather like my DSi.. the dpad isnt as terrible as the lite's

will not be bothering with LL.. its just too ridiculous to be releasing so much DS.. are they aiming to create as many portables as there are pokemon titles? I dont get it

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 04:03 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

This is one of the biggest scams ever in the history of gaming consoles.

After 7 months, Nintendo is literally releasing just about the same product with a few additions.

Last edited by AsbestosFlaygon on Nov 1st, 2009 at 07:12 PM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 07:08 PM
S_D_J
Bane

Stacy Malibu Syndrome

that has always been the case with Nintendo erm

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 05:31 PM