KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Console Wishlist

Console Wishlist
Started by: AsbestosFlaygon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Console Wishlist

I just got a hold of a bunch of contact numbers and mailing lists from Nintendo and Sony.

I made this thread for us to share and exchange new ideas for future consoles, what we want to see in the next-gen of consoles.

Feel free to share your opinions. I will compile the wishlists and send them to Sony and Nintendo.
If you want, I can also send you the contacts through PM.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 04:52 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

No Microsoft?

GTFO.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 04:58 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I can't find their mailing list confused

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 05:09 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Well, I ofcourse love backwards compatibility with the old shit that I have. If Sony ever (you never know) decides to only play current games and leave PS2/3 games in the dust, that would piss me off. Though there's no reason why they wouldn't get rid of that, just hoping they never make a dumb decision like that.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 05:17 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scythe
Sony ever (you never know) decides to only play current games and leave PS2/3 games in the dust, that would piss me off. .

Why not PS1 games?

yes i still own them.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 12:19 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Well, I ofcourse love backwards compatibility with the old shit that I have. If Sony ever (you never know) decides to only play current games and leave PS2/3 games in the dust, that would piss me off. Though there's no reason why they wouldn't get rid of that, just hoping they never make a dumb decision like that.

they did that with the ps3 slim. it's not backwards compatible at all, unless sony have since gone back on their word.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 12:28 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The first lot of 60 gig PS3s had the ps2 emulation and then after they for some stupid readon Sony did'nt bother about putting it into the later models.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 12:38 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Kazenji
Why not PS1 games?

yes i still own them.

Also! I still have a ton, and although I've yet come across a PS1 game my PS3 doesn't want to play, I'd want that in any future Sony consoles.

Originally posted by -Pr-
they did that with the ps3 slim. it's not backwards compatible at all, unless sony have since gone back on their word.

What?! Seriously?? They only play PS3 games? Sucks balls right there. I was thinking of trading up, nevermind now.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 01:02 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Also! I still have a ton, and although I've yet come across a PS1 game my PS3 doesn't want to play, I'd want that in any future Sony consoles.

What?! Seriously?? They only play PS3 games? Sucks balls right there. I was thinking of trading up, nevermind now.

i read an article a while back where a sony spokesperson said that they believed ps3 had a decent enough library by now, so backwards compatibility was no longer a requirement.

which is bollocks, tbh. one of the main draws for buying a ps3 for me was being able to play my ps2 and ps1 games on the thing. i'm not buying one now.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 01:07 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

i read an article a while back where a sony spokesperson said that they believed ps3 had a decent enough library by now, so backwards compatibility was no longer a requirement.

which is bollocks, tbh. one of the main draws for buying a ps3 for me was being able to play my ps2 and ps1 games on the thing. i'm not buying one now.

Damn. I need to verify this for sure. You should track down one of the older ones.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 01:20 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Unless of course you can manage to find one of the earlier models of the 60 gig's.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 01:28 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 01:29 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Unless of course you can manage to find one of the earlier models of the 60 gig's.

I have one those currently, it plays all my PS2 games, so far all of my PS1 games too. I saw the slim PS3 and thought maybe I'd get it since it's smaller and takes up less space. Wouldn't be a burden to carry it around to a friend's house too, but I guess not.

Damn, thanks for the links. Soooooo keeping my old one.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 01:37 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I have one those currently, it plays all my PS2 games, so far all of my PS1 games too. I saw the slim PS3 and thought maybe I'd get it since it's smaller and takes up less space. Wouldn't be a burden to carry it around to a friend's house too, but I guess not.

Damn, thanks for the links. Soooooo keeping my old one.

wish i could get one of those... sad

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 01:53 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

A Holodeck? That'd be pretty cool... though extraordinarily expensive.

The first lot of 60 gig PS3s had the ps2 emulation and then after they for some stupid readon Sony did'nt bother about putting it into the later models.

Monetary reasons. Since PS3 sales did so poorly in the beginning, and due to the deteriorating economic condition Sony was loosing too much money to keep the PS3 in production as is, something had to go, and since Backwards compatibility was really the only expendable feature on the PS3, it was kicked to cut down on costs... or at least that's Sony's story.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 02:34 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

wish i could get one of those... sad

Look for one, it's worth it!

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 10:50 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Look for one, it's worth it!

maybe when i can afford it, i'll have a look...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 11:02 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Damn. I need to verify this for sure. You should track down one of the older ones.

Pr's correct. Sony removed backwards compatibility for PS2 on the new PS3 slim. Meh, it hasn't really affected me at all since my fatass PS2 is still working.
Though I agree with you. Backwards compatibility should not be removed in any future models. That would be a serious kick in the nuts to PlayStation fans.

EDIT: Never mind, he provided you with links.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 11:07 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

*sigh* Sony.. The lack of backwards compatibility killed any chance I had of getting a Slim as well, and I thought the DSi not being able to play GBA games was bad. lol

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 11:22 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tell sony to stop downgrading their psp. it was fat and sturdy, then it was thin, chincy, and glossy in your hands, now its really small, very un-ergonomic and you can't use any sort of disks inside of it.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Nov 8th, 2009 01:44 AM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote