KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Should Resident Evil Have a Fighting Game?

Should Resident Evil Have a Fighting Game?
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Should Resident Evil Have a Fighting Game?

Since Capcom has turned Resident Evil from survival horror to action, I was wondering if maybe there should be a fighter game for Resident Evil. I mean come on, nearly every character in the franchise has so many fighting styles it's ridiculous so why not?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 01:59 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

no.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 02:04 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
no.

You know, it would be nice having an explanation these days. Why say no?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 02:06 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I wouldn't think so. If they did, it'd turn out like that Castlevania fighting game on the Wii, unless RE want that, then hell no.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 02:20 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Hellz no.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 02:45 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

no. It's already hard enough to take Resident Evil serious anymore.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 02:56 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Resident Evil should go back to plain ol' zombies...
None of that Las Plagas shit..

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 04:39 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Scythe
I wouldn't think so. If they did, it'd turn out like that Castlevania fighting game on the Wii, unless RE want that, then hell no.

Hey at least Capcom makes each of their games decent and how would they make it like that piece of crap they call a game (the Castlevania fighting game on Wii I mean)?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 04:41 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

Indeed.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 04:42 AM
StyleTime

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 05:09 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

do want brunette jill.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 05:14 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

lmao at pyramid head at the bottom center

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 05:22 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I didn't really have a problem with the Las Plagas stuff, though I wouldn't mind seeing the old zombies more again too (although, Darkside Chronicles has kinda covered that).

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Hey at least Capcom makes each of their games decent

I disagree when it comes to some stuff like DMC, but to each his own.

Originally posted by XanatosForever
lmao at pyramid head at the bottom center

And Nemesis being on the bottom-right.

Nice pic though, Style. Where'd you find that?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 05:23 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I actually the the Las Plagus idea

can only do so much with Zombies.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 05:28 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Hey at least Capcom makes each of their games decent and how would they make it like that piece of crap they call a game (the Castlevania fighting game on Wii I mean)?

You're asking me how Capcom could make a game like the Castlevania Wii fighter...?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 05:42 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
(although, Darkside Chronicles has kinda covered that).

I disagree when it comes to some stuff like DMC, but to each his own.

And Nemesis being on the bottom-right.

Nice pic though, Style. Where'd you find that?

Yeah but when are we gonna fight those zombies in RE4-like gameplay instead of rail shooting?

Don't bring that up! I'm a fan to Capcom and it hurts knowing that there's one franchise out there that makes Capcom look bad sad

Pyramid Head would make an interesting bonus character and why the heck am I at the bottom? I'm calling my agent.

That is a nice pic though.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 05:46 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Kazenji
I actually the the Las Plagus idea

can only do so much with Zombies.

Oh yeah. This too.

Also, is the one at the top-right supposed to be Battle Suit Jill?
Just checking. Regardless, I too prefer brunette Jill over her any day.

---------

edit: Didn't see the above post at first.

Yeah but when are we gonna fight those zombies in RE4-like gameplay instead of rail shooting?

Oh, good point..

Rail shooting's not necessarily a bad thing though. Just kinda awkward to play at home as opposed to the arcades. At least for me.

Don't bring that up! I'm a fan to Capcom and it hurts knowing that there's one franchise out there that makes Capcom look bad sad

Point taken. Won't mention it again then...

Pyramid Head would make an interesting bonus character and why the heck am I at the bottom? I'm calling my agent.

That is a nice pic though.

laughing out loud

Agreed.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Nov 23rd, 2009 at 05:50 AM

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 05:46 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Also, is the one at the top-right supposed to be Battle Suit Jill?
Just checking. Regardless, I too prefer brunette Jill over her any day.

Oh, good point..

Rail shooting's not necessarily a bad thing though. Just kinda awkward to play at home as opposed to the arcades. At least for me.

Point taken. Won't mention it again then...

laughing out loud

Agreed.

Jill with brunette hair is one of the things that made her awesome and having her with long blonde hair makes her look like...well...put a nurse outfit on her and she'll look like Harley Quinn from Arkham Asylum.

I admit that rail shooting is sometimes fun but in Resident Evil? That was both unexpected and surprisingly fun but still it was mostly the RE4 gameplay that drew in a lot of fans to like it even more.

Good, I appreciate that.

Do agree on pyramid head making a good bonus character on a Resident Evil fighting game or that picture looking nice?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 05:59 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The picture looking nice was what I was mainly referring to stick out tongue, though I don't see why Pyramid Head wouldn't make a good bonus character, so I guess I agree with that too.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 06:04 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

And just to clarify my actual opinion on the thread topic..

As I said earlier in a PM, I could kinda see something like this happening in the future, especially due to the increased focus on melee attacks in the recent games of the series like RE5. The physical moves and team combos were basically an essential in order to do well in mercs mode too and had a couple achievements revolved around them, so an RE fighting game probably wouldn't be too much of a stretch at this point. And based on that pic posted in this thread, it looks like it would have a decent sized roster as well. Not too big, not too small, but just right.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 08:01 AM