KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Started by: Morridini

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Morridini
Morridini

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

A new Prince of Persia game titled The Forgotten Sands was announced today. And surprise, surprise, not a sequel to the newest PoP game, but a third sequel to the Sands of Time.

So far all the info is simply the name, the fact that it is part of the Sands series, and that it will be released in May 2010, alongside the movie.

We'll apparently get to see a trailer during the VGA on December 12th.

Sources:
http://epicbattleaxe.com/new-prince...itle-announced/
http://www.gamespot.com/news/624157...adlines;title;2

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Nov 30th, 2009 11:48 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Sounds good

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Dec 1st, 2009 12:40 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Sands of Time was one of the best, if not the best, game titles in the franchise...

Looking forward to this.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Dec 1st, 2009 02:50 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Only worrysome thing is that we haven't heard of it before now, a mere six months before release.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Dec 1st, 2009 03:32 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

If I remember correctly, that was how the last Prince of Persia was announced.

I enjoyed the last game but something was off on it, and the fact that there was game killing bug that I couldn't finish the game.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2009 04:00 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Ubisoft can't keep their word for shit. Next thing we know, Capcom may just up and bring Wesker back to life. Chances are it's just a spinoff though.

So long as it's not as bug-laden and/or rushed as the other two Sands of Time sequels, I'll give it a chance.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2009 09:02 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

It'll probably be a game that takes place during an alternate timeline. Or it will retcon the two sequels which I don't want as I liked the story.

Or it'll just be the game version of the movie >__>.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Dec 1st, 2009 02:17 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Im kinda open for a retcon of the two sequels. The trilogy's story wasn't terrible, but the Prince and all his worth as a character, along with that of the rest of the cast, went down the crapper with Warrior Within, and only got worse from then on, and they're doing a really sh*t job ripping off the new Prince's personality in this movie, as well as the chemistry with the female lead which was great in the first SoT and PoP '08, but was comparable to a plain Jane Mary sue and a glitter-rock vampire in WW and TTT.

Besides, the SoT sequels had enough re-writes and retcons prior to their release in the first place (at least TTT did).

Old Post Dec 1st, 2009 04:53 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Or it'll just be the game version of the movie >__>.

That's what I am thinking it will be...

Old Post Dec 1st, 2009 09:16 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

The trailer just showed up. Judging by the appearance of the Prince, it may be a tale set between Sot and WW.

Though given that the movie's Prince has the WW outfit...

Old Post Dec 13th, 2009 01:44 AM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

They showed a trailer at the VGAs, and it looks cool, but I still am not certian if it is based on the movie or not... But I'm leaning towards... not...

Old Post Dec 13th, 2009 01:46 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

New screens from IGN

I have to say, if those are of any final buildor unless they're of a PSP port, then I'm already unimpressed by the graphics. Hell, even those undead enemies look like really cheap knock-offs of the grunt zombies in God of War.

Anyway, I read that the plot apparently takes place during the seven year gap between SoT and WW, starting out with the Prince visiting his brother. The gameplay's also said to prominently involve large-scale battles.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2010 03:34 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The graphics are not that bad.

But nothing special.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2010 04:12 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
New screens from IGN

I have to say, if those are of any final buildor unless they're of a PSP port, then I'm already unimpressed by the graphics. Hell, even those undead enemies look like really cheap knock-offs of the grunt zombies in God of War.

Anyway, I read that the plot apparently takes place during the seven year gap between SoT and WW, starting out with the Prince visiting his brother. The gameplay's also said to prominently involve large-scale battles.

They're not THAT bad. I mean, their not spectacular or anything, but it doesn't look like PS2 graphics or anything.

But, to be quite honest, I don't want all my games looking like this:

(please log in to view the image)

I kinda like the unrealistic tone it has, because, frankly, Prince of Persia is an unrealistic game.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2010 04:36 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

^
Heavy Rain FTW

Anyways, not really that interested in the game.. maybe just distracted from the other great titles coming this year.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jan 9th, 2010 04:47 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tsal Can

Ah, a between-quel. Nice

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 05:39 PM
Tsal Can is currently offline Click here to Send Tsal Can a Private Message Find more posts by Tsal Can Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post May 8th, 2010 10:05 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Can't wait, as it's one of the few games coming out this year that I'm interested in.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 8th, 2010 02:26 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Can't wait either.

Old Post May 8th, 2010 04:36 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Originally posted by Kazenji
Games intro movie

http://www.giantbomb.com/prince-of-...-movie/17-2449/

Still looks like crap to me.

Old Post May 9th, 2010 12:16 AM