KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Best place to buy used systems and games?

Best place to buy used systems and games?
Started by: Prep-Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Best place to buy used systems and games?

Other than Amazon? I'm recently getting back into games and I bought a Gamecube and some games. But I'd like to know if there are other places than Amazon.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 11:44 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Locally it's Game Force. I think they do online sales.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 03:40 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

If you live in Southern California a good place would be Frank and Son's Collectibles. It's like 1/4 size of San Diego Comic Con but you don't pay for parking or entrance.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 06:00 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

if you live here in boston it's CEX.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 09:49 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Obviously you should try GameStop.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 11:48 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X

Don't listen to this guy.

Amazon is the best.

Sometimes, absurdly good deals show up on eBay, as well.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 11:58 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Sure wait for days or maybe weeks for a game you bought to arrive while everyone else gets to just drive over to Gamestop and buy games faster than you can say "power to the players" (that is, if you already planned on what game you want to buy).

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 12:00 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by dadudemon
Don't listen to this guy.

Amazon is the best.

Sometimes, absurdly good deals show up on eBay, as well.

You heretic.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 12:01 AM
Senor Cage

I was just thinking online. Gamestop doesn't have some of the games I want.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 02:58 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

ebay

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 04:47 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_usher
I never pay for tickets

Try

www.ebgames.com

for games.........

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 07:02 AM
The_usher is currently offline Click here to Send The_usher a Private Message Find more posts by The_usher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Flea Markets, garage sales, The eXchange, Cd Warehouse. Dont shop at gamestop. You will get raped.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 02:03 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

A lot of the independent record and movie shops are getting into the used game market. Colorado's famous Twist and Shout is currently sitting on a copy of Ocarina of Time/Master Quest for Gamecube coming in at $27 and a mint condition Chrono Trigger in box for $65.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 04:02 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by Nemesis X

Oh, trust me... there are better places than Gamestop.

*Disclaimer* As an employee at GameStop I did not say any of this, GameStop is the best place to go to buy your video games and video game accessories. Go to GameStop today, and reserve a game and buy a subscription to GameInformer (the world's No. 1 Gaming Magazine) while you are there. *End Disclaimer*

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Dont shop at gamestop. You will get raped.

Well... it's not THAT bad... well the trade-in policy is not beneficial to the consumer, but those are crappy everywhere.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Jan 7th, 2010 at 04:16 PM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 04:10 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Actually, right now, the tradeins aren't bad. You can get more for certain games than they actually cost to buy.

I know in my area they have Play and Trade, which deals in older stuff, and we recommend people over there all the time if they're looking for something we don't carry anymore. Though we've also heard a lot of negative things about them stick out tongue

The internet is probably the best option if you're looking for something specific.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 04:48 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

If you have Asian Indoor Swap Meets in your area you're bound to find some really good stuff!

thumb up

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 05:43 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote