KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Angry Video Game Nerd.

The Angry Video Game Nerd.
Started by: CrowRoboto

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CrowRoboto

The Angry Video Game Nerd.

The greatest game critic ever! who else is a fan?

I've been watching his reviews on youtube and screwattack since i saw his review of Friday The 13th for Nintendo on "His Name is Jason" DVD.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 12:21 PM
CrowRoboto is currently offline Click here to Send CrowRoboto a Private Message Find more posts by CrowRoboto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

I have seen probably a dozen or so reviews by him. Maybe more. I like the guy most of the time, but he has his bad reviews. Although all-in-all, I really enjoy watching him.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 12:30 PM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

His Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles review is pure gold.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 12:35 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

He gets annoying. The whole time he just yells

"What the ****!?"

"And you can't even - this is bullshit!"

but like, the entire time.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 01:23 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Seen all his videos, he has some great movie reviews as well.

Here's his official website; http://www.cinemassacre.com/new/index.php

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 01:46 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

I've seen most of his old school game "reviews." He's funny as hell most of the time.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 02:14 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Honestly, he annoys me more often than anything else.

Funny, yes. But also extremely annoying.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 04:09 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I like him but I really disagree with his opinion of Simon's Quest. One of the best games ever made.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 05:08 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

He re-did all the Castlevania games lately. That Simon's Quest review was his first one, originally meant only for his friends, and was not serious. In fact, half the point of the Nerd is that he is an in-character person who rips the hell out of the negative points of games, without intending to be fair about it. James Rolfe himself is fine with Simon's Quest; thatr doesn't stop his Nerd criticisms having a point. Still, have a look at his Christmas reviews of all the old Castlevania games, where he makes a lot out of having to do Simon's Quest again.

The AVGN is great- obviously with so many vids, he is going to have a few misses (he ballsed up with the recent Winter Games one- it basically amounts to him not liking to read manuals so he cannot play the game), but he's amazingly funny most of the time.

He's also spawned a generation of people doing similar (yet distinct) things, based around a guy called the Nostalgia Critic, who does films as AVGN does games. NC's site has now grown so big (including some very funny other personages like general sarcastic stuff-reviewer Spoony, whose FFVIII review is one of the best things I have ever seen, the Nostalgia Chick who tends to analyse female roles in classic films (AND SHE IS A GIRL!!! OMG!!!), Linkara who does comic books, Lordkat who plays through incredibly hard games... oh there are loads of them) that it has become an internet phenomenon in its own right.

Last summer, the NC site contributorsf all had a big meet up in Chicago and invited the Nerd along for a ton of crossover videos (and a big simulated punch up).

There are basically hundreds of hours of footage of these guys, all from a culture that James Rolfe created. If you are nerdy enough, check it all out- here is the NC's site. They all worship the Nerd at heart.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/

(if you want something quick, check out the NC's five second movies. The Star Wars prequel ones and his Harry Potter one are awesome).

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 12th, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 06:16 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Zero Punctuation>>>...

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Last edited by Peach on Jan 12th, 2010 at 08:30 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 06:35 PM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rapidash

Good job stretching the page.

Angry Videogame Nerd has his moments when he make me laugh, but I find him annoying more often than funny.

Perspective

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 06:39 PM
Rapidash is currently offline Click here to Send Rapidash a Private Message Find more posts by Rapidash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One Free Man
Zero Punctuation>>>...

Don't ever do that again.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 08:32 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Originally posted by Ushgarak
(if you want something quick, check out the NC's five second movies. The Star Wars prequel ones and his Harry Potter one are awesome).

I'm a constant follower of NC, Ask that Guy, the Bum, Nostialgia Chick and Linkara, but those 5-sec movies I've never managed to enjoy.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 09:43 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Nostalgia Critic > Angry Video Game Nerd

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 10:18 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by Morridini
I'm a constant follower of NC, Ask that Guy, the Bum, Nostialgia Chick and Linkara, but those 5-sec movies I've never managed to enjoy.

Those ones I mentioned are orders of magnitude more funny than The Bum and Ask That Guy...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 11:29 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Nostalgia Critic > Angry Video Game Nerd

so true big grin

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 04:55 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Even though he rants ridiculously.. he brings up good points.. unlike the zero whatever dude who wastes 1 to 2 minutes of my time not really reviewing the game at all.. but instead just goes on like the friggin micromachines dude trying to get a laugh by taking a steaming dump on every game ever created

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 07:55 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spartan005

not a big fan of the angry video game nerd character... but I like the guy who plays him, along with all of his other stuff.

The first time I watched his "Top 10 Giant Movie Monsters" video, I nearly died from laughing so hard

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 08:25 AM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Those ones I mentioned are orders of magnitude more funny than The Bum and Ask That Guy...

Ok seems I chose poorly when I checked out the 5-sec videos, I just chose two at random, Lion King and Watchmen, and judged all by those. Star Wars Episode II and III were hilarious.

Still I say the Bum has some excellent reviews.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 08:45 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

A lot of the 5-second movies are not done by him, and the others are no good. And not even many of his ones are THAT good. You do have to choose well.

(Watchmen is definitely not his- he stopped doing them about two eyars ago on the grounds he had pushed them as far as he could).

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 13th, 2010 at 09:15 AM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 09:10 AM