KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Pick the best and worst X-Men games.

Pick the best and worst X-Men games.
Started by: CrowRoboto

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CrowRoboto

Pick the best and worst X-Men games.

Best:
X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged edition for PS3.
X-Men arcade.
X-Men Legends 1 & 2 for Gamecube and PS2.
X-Men vs. Street Fighter.
Capcom vs. Marvel.
X-Men mutant apocalypse for SNES.
X-Men 1 & 2 for Genesis.
X-Men Dimensions for Gamecube.

Fair:
X-Men for Gamegear.

Medicore:
Wolverine for NES.

Worst:
X-Men for NES.
Children of the Atom for PS1.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 07:01 PM
CrowRoboto is currently offline Click here to Send CrowRoboto a Private Message Find more posts by CrowRoboto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Re: Pick the best and worst X-Men games.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CrowRoboto
X-Men Dimensions for Gamecube.

That one is called Next Dimension, and it's for the PS2 and regular X-Box as well.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 09:18 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged edition and X-Men arcade are the only two I've really played. They were both ok, wouldn't buy either of them for more than $10 though.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
That one is called Next Dimension, and it's for the PS2 and regular X-Box as well.

I don't think he was listing out all of systems that each game was on, because Origins Uncaged was also on the 360 and Legends 2 was on X-box.

And as I think about it, if Marvel vs. Capcom is there where is Marvel vs. Capcom 2?

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Jan 20th, 2010 at 09:43 PM

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 09:41 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I haven't played too many of them-

Best:
Uncanny X-Men (arcade)
X-Men 2: Clone Wars (Genesis)
X-Men Mutant Apocalypse (SNES)

Okay:
X-Men Children of the Atom (Arcade)
X-Men (Genesis)
X-Men: The Official Game (Game Cube, etc.)
X2: Wolverine's Revenge (GBA)
X-Men the Official Game (GBA)

Worst:
Marvel's X-Men (NES)
Wolverine (NES)
Wolverine: Adamantium Rage (SNES and Genesis)
Spider-Man/X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES, etc.)

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 09:50 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

BEST= X Men VS Street Fighter/Marvel VS Capcom/Marvel VS Capcom 2

FAIR= Spider-Man/X-Men (sentimental value)

WORST= X-Men (NES)

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 11:03 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Best--
X-men arcade
X-men origins; Wolverine
X-men legends 2
Ultimate Alliance
X-men Legends
X-men Mutant Apocalypse
X-men 2
Xmen Vs Street Fighter
X-men (sega)
Wolverines Revenge
Children of the Atom

WORST

X-men; official game
Wolverine
X-men (nes)
Ultimate Alliance 2

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 12:05 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Best--
X-men arcade
X-men Legends
X-men legends 2
Ultimate Alliance
X-men Mutant Apocalypse
X2: Woverines Revenge
Xmen Vs Street Fighter
X-men (sega)
X-Men: Next Dimension

WORST

Wolverine: Adamantium Rage
X-Men: Mutant Academy

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 04:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I can tell Adamantium Rage is one of the worst just by the title , though I've only played a small portion of these games overall.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 04:31 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

GOOD -
i) X-Men Legends 2: RoA. (Despite the considerable number of flaws in this game and the lack of number of things I would have liked, I still love it.)

ii) Children of the Atom [spawned XMvSF, MvC(2), all of which are Good]

iii) X-Men Legends (Gave rise to my favorite X-Men game)

FAIR -
i) Ultimate Alliance & UL2 (IMO just an "upgraded" expanded version of XML & XML2:RoA)

ii) X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Boy, I sure loved the brokenness of Lunge. Gore was alright)

CRAP -
i) X-Men: The Official Game (Worthless piece of sh*t)

~ Those are the only ones I've played. The X-Men series has a number of games, but only a few are worth playing.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 05:00 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
i) X-Men Legends 2: RoA. (Despite the considerable number of flaws in this game and the lack of number of things I would have liked, I still love it.)

Same here. I like how the game's storyline was basically an alternate version of The Twelve saga. Sinister secretly sabotaging Apocalypse's machine though was WTFrandom. Not to mention, teh real Apocalypse would've foresaw Essex plotting against him like he did in the comics.

All and all though, pretty good game regardless, as are its cutscenes.

As for the other ones I played, X-Men Mutant Apocalypse was incredible for its time too, but as for Next Dimension, Gambit was broken with all the infinite combos you could do with him and the kinetic card glitch...

Not that I'm complainin.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 06:08 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They should make another X-men Fighting game along the lines of Next Dimension but a lil better of course.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 09:06 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Vs Capcom games aren't X-Men games, they're Capcom games.

Best, speaking from a solely X-Men point of view, is probably Uncanny X-Men. The one with Wendigo, Emma Frost, Pyro etc as bosses. It also had very bad English.

It was fun, though. I wonder why it's not on Xbox Live Marketplace yet.

I thought Wolverine's Revenge was alright.

Worst...? Out of the ones I've played: Mutant Academy. DIRE.

-AV

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 04:58 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CrowRoboto

Wolverine's revenge was medicore and so was the NES Wolverine game.

As for NES's X-Men game, what did you expect from Laughing Joking Numbnuts?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 05:52 PM
CrowRoboto is currently offline Click here to Send CrowRoboto a Private Message Find more posts by CrowRoboto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your lists essentially have 2 times as many "best" games as they have "worst" games.

X-Men Legends was the best game, easily.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 06:03 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Kazenji
They should make another X-men Fighting game along the lines of Next Dimension but a lil better of course.

I pretty much agree, but better in what way exactly?

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
It was fun, though. I wonder why it's not on Xbox Live Marketplace yet.

If it makes it there, I'll have to give it a try. thumb up

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 06:37 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by CrowRoboto
Wolverine's revenge was medicore and so was the NES Wolverine game.

At least Wolverine's revenge was better then Adamantium Rage and also it had some decent stealth parts

have'nt played that new Wolverine but from what i've seen i did'nt see any of that in it.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 01:57 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Same here. I like how the game's storyline was basically an alternate version of The Twelve saga. Sinister secretly sabotaging Apocalypse's machine though was WTFrandom. Not to mention, teh real Apocalypse would've foresaw Essex plotting against him like he did in the comics.

All and all though, pretty good game regardless, as are its cutscenes.

Sinister interfering was fairly obvious and it was telegraphed earlier I think. I wish they had made a sequel to the game though, with Sinister being the obvious antagonist.
Also, I care nothing for the plot, it's just there to give us a way to kill/defeat fools stick out tongue.

Iron Man was badass in the game. It's a pity he played virtually no part in the plot.

Cutscenes were alright, though they were few in number, like 1 after every Act >__>.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2010 09:29 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Playing the older ones it amazes me that LJN got the license. DC had most of their games coming out pretty good with Dataeast, Sunsoft, and Konami. Marvel just had....LJN and sometimes the crappier teams at Activision until Children of the Atom and Mutant Apocalypse. That's just sad.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2010 10:30 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote