KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Cheater or Fair Player?

Cheater or Fair Player?
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Cheater or Fair Player?

Be honest in here, do you cheat in videogames or do you play them fair and square?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 12:16 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

It all depends.

I honestly hate hard games with a burning passion... Sure, they'll last longer, but the frustration isn't worth it. I feel like a game which I can play through without dying as much or having any frustrations will appeal to me more.

Too many a game have I simply stopped playing because I don't require any more frustration in my life... I mean I have enough in my personal life, why in the world would I need more in a game? Therefore, knowing that if it gets to me I might just stop playing completely, I usually do use cheats to help out if it comes to that point.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 12:27 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I tend to cheat only the easier games.. There's no point in playing an easy game, so why not cheat? laughing out loud

I do play fair on most harder games.. it's more challenging and it's a rewarding feeling to finish a hard game.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 12:33 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I use loads of cheats in GTA Sanandreas and IV. Without the cheats, GTA would feel half dull.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 12:39 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I use loads of cheats in GTA Sanandreas and IV. Without the cheats, GTA would feel half dull.

Hehe, yeah. Causing carnage in GTA without cheats just wouldn't be the same.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 12:40 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Spidervlad
It all depends.

I honestly hate hard games with a burning passion... Sure, they'll last longer, but the frustration isn't worth it. I feel like a game which I can play through without dying as much or having any frustrations will appeal to me more.

Too many a game have I simply stopped playing because I don't require any more frustration in my life... I mean I have enough in my personal life, why in the world would I need more in a game? Therefore, knowing that if it gets to me I might just stop playing completely, I usually do use cheats to help out if it comes to that point.

I'm in the same boat.

If the game is constantly hard, I don't mind. It's meant to be that.

It's when the game is cheap or have an uneven difficulty level. That's when I wish some games had a cheat code.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 01:13 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Be honest in here, do you cheat in videogames or do you play them fair and square?

Depends on the game

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 01:16 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

if its a game that ive been playing a long while and actually has cheats available, then yes
otherwise no

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 03:45 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

I'll cheat for trivial things like costumes and what not. But I dont do serious gameplay altering cheats

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 03:49 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

i think the only game i really would cheat on was Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 after id finally unlocked everything fairly, it was fun to unlock the stuff with one code[didnt have a memory card back then] plus the moon physics cheat was always a hoot

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 04:01 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Grand Theft Auto is far more fun with flying tanks.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 04:03 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Worst I'll do is lower the difficulty setting.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 04:13 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I hardly ever cheat. Only cheat I've used in the last couple of years was the one that let you get all powerups iin The Force Unleashed in order to get the achievment for hardest difficulty, the game was simply cheating.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 05:18 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Peach
Grand Theft Auto is far more fun with flying tanks.

QFT

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 05:26 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

I used cheat codes to beat all of Warcraft II.

In general, no, but there's always exceptions like the one above. And most of the time it's just for fun (like the flying tanks example earlier), because to make a game purposefully easier is to cheapen it.

I also used the insta-money cheat in the original "The Sims." But I had grown bored with the game and there's not really a way to win in a traditional sense. So I just messed around designing houses, because that had more appeal to me.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 06:10 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
i think the only game i really would cheat on was Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 after id finally unlocked everything fairly, it was fun to unlock the stuff with one code[didnt have a memory card back then] plus the moon physics cheat was always a hoot

*hi-fives*

brings back memories i remember the moon gravity cheat eek!

also all the weird characters... like daisy

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 06:25 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I refuse to accept that I can cheat myself

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 06:26 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Digi

I also used the insta-money cheat in the original "The Sims." But I had grown bored with the game and there's not really a way to win in a traditional sense. So I just messed around designing houses, because that had more appeal to me.

Who doesn't use that cheat in the Sims games?

One of my favorite things to do in Sims 2 is build these huge elaborate houses, and then seeing how long it takes the actual Sims to burn the place to the ground. Considering I've had them start fires making poptarts not five minutes after starting the game, it generally doesn't take long. It's a pity that the Sims in Sims 3 are more intelligent and not quite as suicidally accident-prone stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 06:53 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I'm too lazy to cheat...

Originally posted by Peach
It's a pity that the Sims in Sims 3 are more intelligent and not quite as suicidally accident-prone stick out tongue

or as incontinent.. my neice had these hilarious sims (due to her lack of caretaking) that just kept pissin themselves and fallin asleep every 3 steps.. god that was good stuff.. the wife even fell asleep in a puddle out in the middle of the street on the way to her car..rofl

this was on some random gamecube version though

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Last edited by SaTsuJiN on Feb 3rd, 2010 at 07:00 AM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 06:56 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

depends entirely on the game, tbh.

Started cheating on Dragon Age, but only after the second playthrough when i just wanted to see all the storylines.

Finished Dawn of War 2 without cheats, then used them for the lulz to replay campaign.

One game that does benefit from cheats, though? Superman Returns. Seriously. Playing it with cheats on is actually a passable Superman experience.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 09:01 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote