KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Started by: Juk3n

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

This game doesn't have a page on page 1 or 2, did a search for Bad Company, and nothing...lolz at this forum sometimes ^^.

Anyway, FANTASTIC gameplay - as expected from DICE, but the graphics...oh the graphics (console vers obviously) - pc guys, please don't come here with the trash talk.

How can the game be out in 3 weeks and look so bad for the consoles, i dont wanna here about console capabilities vs pc's because exhibit A, Killzone (arguably best looking shooter on consoles), B, MW2. How can DICE get everything soo right..yet screw up so badly with the graphics, there was a nice graphical upgrade from MW1 to MW2, but the same difference isnt evident here on the ps3 vers i was playing.

I know BF has it's own style, but bad graphics are bad graphics no matter what style you were going for. Don't get me wrong the gameis uber fun to play but my goodness...it's fugly, anyone of the same opinion here?

Last edited by Peach on Feb 7th, 2010 at 05:37 PM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 05:30 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

At least title the thread properly so that it can be found in the future

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 05:37 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Graphics are fantastic on the PC.

Combined with the physics of the game, its fantastic.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 06:36 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach
At least title the thread properly so that it can be found in the future

I thought the same thing when I saw this thread before you fixed it.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 06:38 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

where can i find the PC demo at? i cant find it on steam sad

is it for ps3 only or something (demo i mean)

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 07:27 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's a beta, not a demo.

Either get a key from a gaming website, or buy the game and preaccess to it.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 08:56 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Originally posted by Juk3n
This game doesn't have a page on page 1 or 2, did a search for Bad Company, and nothing...lolz at this forum sometimes ^^.

Anyway, FANTASTIC gameplay - as expected from DICE, but the graphics...oh the graphics (console vers obviously) - pc guys, please don't come here with the trash talk.

How can the game be out in 3 weeks and look so bad for the consoles, i dont wanna here about console capabilities vs pc's because exhibit A, Killzone (arguably best looking shooter on consoles), B, MW2. How can DICE get everything soo right..yet screw up so badly with the graphics, there was a nice graphical upgrade from MW1 to MW2, but the same difference isnt evident here on the ps3 vers i was playing.

I know BF has it's own style, but bad graphics are bad graphics no matter what style you were going for. Don't get me wrong the gameis uber fun to play but my goodness...it's fugly, anyone of the same opinion here?

Maybe you were playing a different game but i didn't find anything wrong with the graphics. The graphics showcased in the demo may not be quite on par with Modern Warfare but they're definitely above average. What is your problem with the graphics? I'll wait until i get a chance to play the campaigns when the full game releases but so far, i haven't seen a problem with the graphics. Even if the graphics aren't as stellar as Modern Warfare 2, i'll take the sacrifice of graphics in exchange for the improved game play any day.

I'm definitely excited to retire Modern Warfare for Bad Company 2.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 09:00 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

i tried out the 360 demo. honestly im not impressed. it just strikes me as a less polished version of mw2 on a larger and more cluster**** like scale. some keystuff i noticed

- ... should be able to lay down on your belly. the concept should be pretty damn standard by now. no laydown feature is okay in a game like halo or gears where stealth means almost nothing. in games like this and CoD where being visible means death having the ability to lay down would be really helpful erm

- controls are clunky (at least compared to MW which has some of the most fluid and intuitive controls and handling i have ever seen in a game)

- maps are so huge that snipers really are pretty much the most useful and practical class. plus with all the vehicles and shit its easy to run around with a rifle undetected and unharrassed. i dont like games that encourage one specific style of play and this one certainly does. long range combat= best kind of combat in this.

- assault class seems practically useless. there is no incentive to using it... all the other classes have at least decent perks whereas the AC has a grenade launcher thats only good for two shots and a crappy gun. the default ak-971 being almost completely unable to hit anything past 50 feet (which is stupid because the aek-971 has an affective range of 1200 feet... and a max of 3000)... and the few times you do manage to hit someone it doesnt kill them. which... leads me to my next gripe. another problem is the lack of ammo... three reloads seems a bit sparse.

- takes too much bullets to kill someone. i shouldnt have to spend half (or even a quarter) of a clip to kill one person who is right in front of me. it takes a full clip to kill two people. why? again pointing to the uselessness of the assault class and the dominance of the sniper class. if you manage to hit someone from 50 feet away with the AK you wont kill them... even if you hit them with a three round burst which should drop anyone. the hp of people needs to be lowered... id say 2 shots for anyone with twenty feet and 3 or 4 beyond that would be acceptable. the sniper rifle shouldnt be the only gun that doesnt take half a clip to kill someone from a distance. thats ridiculous.

- respawning is kind of odd. the second highest cause of death for me (first being from tanks) was being in the process of hosing one person down with the AK (lulStupid) and half his squad spawns right next to him before my weak ass gun can kill him. i think squad spawns should be based around locations of the map rather than directly next to the person who's still alive.

- medic revivals need a delay. either in bringing out the revival machine thingy or using them. it was kind of funny to me to play as a medic because id watch an ally get killed by someone and before his killer could even reload id brought him back to life and he got his revenge. seems cheap as hell.

i think the problem with this game is that theyre really trying to push the team work aspect... it almost seems as if they dont want you to get lots of kills on your own or be a very affective fighter on your own... which is fine... except no one on LIVE cares about what the developers think. everyone on there plays like the game is halo with modern warfare features in it... so the gameplay turns out to just be a shitty version of modern warfare.

so. yeah. people arent gonna want to hear me say this, but.... this game needs to be more like modern warfare with PC vehicles. no expression

which is kind of sad imo because MW2 is shit. especially compared to the first.

edit- this is all based off of first impressions btw, ive only played two matches. ive noticed that you level up and get newer weapons so maybe some of this stuff will fix itself with newer and better guns?

Last edited by AthenasTrgrFngr on Feb 9th, 2010 at 07:57 AM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2010 07:51 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

played as sniper class for first time... got almost 5000 points no expression

way too easy...

Old Post Feb 9th, 2010 08:45 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I love Battlefield games and this is just a continuation of it.

It's not like MW at all. Not even close. MW is just standard shooter but done extremely well.

Battlefield games are they're own breed. Nothing beats getting into a vehicle and having a crazy killstreak, or getting blown up right away.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2010 12:26 PM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Smasandian
Graphics are fantastic on the PC.

Combined with the physics of the game, its fantastic.
Would a 5870 handle this game?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2010 01:18 PM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Originally posted by Smasandian
I love Battlefield games and this is just a continuation of it.

It's not like MW at all. Not even close. MW is just standard shooter but done extremely well.

Battlefield games are they're own breed. Nothing beats getting into a vehicle and having a crazy killstreak, or getting blown up right away.

how does that make it its own breed? i mean unless youre considering it as like its own breed of low quality... the game just... sucks. ive seen better infantry gameplay in modern warfare and better vehicle gameplay in halo and batttlefront... i dunno everything about this game screams mediocrity imo. like. they decided "well we cant make any of the features in this really polished, so instead we'll take a THOUSAND of these non-polished features and throw them all into the game, that way no one will notice that the game is essentially a weaker but slightly more complicated version of star wars battlefront...

Old Post Feb 9th, 2010 03:08 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Battlefield is definitley my favorite FPS series, and BF2 is possibly the best FPS of the previous decade, but I just tried the demo... Something is off, I am not sure what is wrong. Me and a friend was playing it together and we were trying to figure out what was off, but beyond the feeling I couldn't put my finger on it. An odd experience.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Feb 9th, 2010 04:28 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
how does that make it its own breed? i mean unless youre considering it as like its own breed of low quality... the game just... sucks. ive seen better infantry gameplay in modern warfare and better vehicle gameplay in halo and batttlefront... i dunno everything about this game screams mediocrity imo. like. they decided "well we cant make any of the features in this really polished, so instead we'll take a THOUSAND of these non-polished features and throw them all into the game, that way no one will notice that the game is essentially a weaker but slightly more complicated version of star wars battlefront...

laughing out loud a weaker, yet slightly more complicated version of, Battlefront...,Really? I don't even know how you came up with that comparison, is it because there are vehicles in the game?

Battlefront definitely takes some getting used to. The game play isn't as fast paced as other FPS's like Call of duty and unlike Call of duty you really do need to work together as a team in most game modes.

I do agree that the control layout seems a bit clunky but you can always customize the controls and sensitivity to your liking. As for the respawning problems. Well, that is the risk you take when you decide to respawn in a squad. The trade off is, you can respawn in the midst of battle. You could always just respawn back at base.

I also don't understand why you can't go prone but that's just a small complaint for me. I'll take the large destructible maps over being able to go prone. The snow level also seems like a poor choice to showcase in the demo. The terrain is very cluttered and unlike the last, Bad company, not well suited for vehicles.

With all of that considered, i still don't see mediocrity in this demo. I see a deep and well made game. I think this game will piss off a lot of Call of Duty fans because unlike having scopes that do the work for you. The kills you score actually take some skill.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2010 05:36 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
[B]The game play isn't as fast paced as other FPS's like Call of duty and unlike Call of duty you really do need to work together as a team in most game modes.

which sucks because random people on LIVE who dont even have mics dont care about working as a team... yeah you can get into a clan or play with your friends but thats like going to the hospital after getting hurt instead of preventing the injury in the first place... thats a horrible analogy on my part xD

[quote[I do agree that the control layout seems a bit clunky but you can always customize the controls and sensitivity to your liking.[/quote]

the sensitivity and layout dont help the clunkiness im talking about (mainly a delay between your actions on the controller and what goes on in the game).

quote:
As for the respawning problems. Well, that is the risk you take when you decide to respawn in a squad. The trade off is, you can respawn in the midst of battle. You could always just respawn back at base.

you misread what i wrote stick out tongue

i was pointing of that several times in the game it was the enemy that would respawn around someone i was in the process of killing, and theyd gang rape me. it doesnt have anything to do with my own spawning lol. it just seems cheap to me that someone who is about to die can be magically saved by his allies respawning around him.

quote:
I think this game will piss off a lot of Call of Duty fans because unlike having scopes that do the work for you. The kills you score actually take some skill.

serves them right. iron sights FTW.

but in all seriousness it doesnt seem to take much skill... more than anything it seems to take having the right class... which is always not assault, and spray and pray.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2010 05:59 PM
jinXed by JaNx

which sucks because random people on LIVE who dont even have mics dont care about working as a team... yeah you can get into a clan or play with your friends but thats like going to the hospital after getting hurt instead of preventing the injury in the first place... thats a horrible analogy on my part xD

[quote[I do agree that the control layout seems a bit clunky but you can always customize the controls and sensitivity to your liking.

the sensitivity and layout dont help the clunkiness im talking about (mainly a delay between your actions on the controller and what goes on in the game).

you misread what i wrote stick out tongue

i was pointing of that several times in the game it was the enemy that would respawn around someone i was in the process of killing, and theyd gang rape me. it doesnt have anything to do with my own spawning lol. it just seems cheap to me that someone who is about to die can be magically saved by his allies respawning around him.

serves them right. iron sights FTW.

but in all seriousness it doesnt seem to take much skill... more than anything it seems to take having the right class... which is always not assault, and spray and pray.
[/QUOTE]

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Yeah, it can be hard to find a good group of people or even people with mics or at least finding adults with mics mad
I'm sure there will be a few game modes that cater to the one man army technique.

The only delay i've really noticed is the knifing action. It's also annoying that instead of a simple slash your character raises his arm first and then stabs downward. I hate knifing in war games though. I really think the one hit kill needs to be changed to at least two hits. Or perhaps, only a certain class is given the advantage of being able to score a one hit kill with the knife.

I see what what you mean about the respawning now. I guess there is both good and bad with the squad spawn. I can't tell you how many times i've died instantly from spawning on a squad mate.

laughing out loud I'm all about iron sights too. The scopes in MW can be fun but many times they can feel like training wheels.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2010 10:18 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

the m16a2 is the top assault class weapon in the game???!

when was this game made, year 2000?

and where the heck is the AK? at least the 74? the ak-74 is the standard assault rifle in the entire russian army... makes sense for it to be in the game, especially when shite like the f2000 is in it and xm8 lul. they do have the an-94... but come on erm

Last edited by AthenasTrgrFngr on Feb 11th, 2010 at 03:22 AM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2010 03:19 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I also caught a glimpse of the thompson sub machine gun... what the heck is a WWII gun doing in a modern warfare game?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2010 04:07 AM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

the m16a2 is the top assault class weapon in the game???!

when was this game made, year 2000?

and where the heck is the AK? at least the 74? the ak-74 is the standard assault rifle in the entire russian army... makes sense for it to be in the game, especially when shite like the f2000 is in it and xm8 lul. they do have the an-94... but come on erm

I'm pretty sure the Russian army use AN-94's now.

And seriously, you know your bitching if your bitching about a weapon class.

This game is not MW2.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2010 12:31 PM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

MW2 was fun for a while like all previous COD's but got terribly repetitive as you keep playing.

That being said i look forward to BC2.

@Smas

What GPU are you using? Is it still the 8800GTS SLI?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2010 12:59 PM