KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » King of Fighters XIII

King of Fighters XIII
Started by: No End N Site

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Kof Xiii

(please log in to view the image)

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178113

Discuss...

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 07:00 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

hope its better than the POS they put out last time

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 07:01 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I swear, I think I need to update the rules.

Title threads properly. Actually type out the full name of the game instead of simply abbreviating it, so that it can be found in a search in the future.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 07:02 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
hope its better than the POS they put out last time

If by POS you mean " Piece Of Shit " then I agree wholeheartedly.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 07:25 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

Originally posted by Peach

Title threads properly. Actually type out the full name of the game instead of simply abbreviating it, so that it can be found in a search in the future.

Gotcha! thumb up

Btw XII was not a POS, it was just "lackin'"

-Anakaris-

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 07:26 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dvampire
xenogears

I hope SNK take their time and not rush the game.

Made by DW

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 08:30 PM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

I hope they go back to that storyline in KOF 03 and KOF XI

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 01:26 AM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I hope if its going to cost them content, they dont spend a shit ton of money on stuff they cant afford to finish

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 06:32 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

Originally posted by No End N Site
Gotcha! thumb up

Btw XII was not a POS, it was just "lackin'"

I thought it was good but incomplete. It had potential but it looks like SNK is abandoning it. Oh, well.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 03:28 PM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FWahMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well...hope it looks like one of the top 2D looking fighting games...those being BlazBlu and SF HD. I had high hopes for XII, but it just looks like a hyped up Hi-res mugen, which I have for free.

I still lol at the one closing statement in a review for kofxii by somebody "someone needs to tell SNK Playmore that it's 2009" laughing oh my f*cking loling god!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 04:32 PM
FWahMaN is currently offline Click here to Send FWahMaN a Private Message Find more posts by FWahMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by Esomark
I thought it was good but incomplete. It had potential but it looks like SNK is abandoning it. Oh, well.
the thing that held the most potential to me was the return to classic gameplay.. but they shat on it with the critical counters.. rewarding people for sucking is all the fad in todays fighters.. /sigh

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 09:22 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

I still don't know how the Critical Counters work, they seem random to me. Although, I gotta admit, I haven't done much investigation on the matter either.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 06:43 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by No End N Site
I still don't know how the Critical Counters work, they seem random to me. Although, I gotta admit, I haven't done much investigation on the matter either.
basically when the gauge fills (after you get your ass handed to you, or you "accidentally" receive too many hits (it might fill up to an extremely less degree on attack)), you begin to glow.. and either your strong kick or strong punch will gain the critical counter ability.. you must then land that attack as a 'counter hit'... (which is, striking someone as they're in the middle of an animation, be it a special move or a normal, etc).. then a big boom happens and you can smack the crap out of them with whatever you want almost.. the gauge will continue to drain, which, during the drain, the opponent is very floaty / juggly.. when it expires, normal gravity kicks in and they drop faster

during this state, some of your specials may cause pop-up

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 08:07 PM
No End N Site

That explains why I can hardly do it. I rarely get my ass kicked. But it's not like I'm very good, I'm just the best noob in a crowd of noobs.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 08:53 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I wasnt really directing it towards you.. but I beat the living crap out of my roommate.. and he winds up defeating me from the damage of a critical counter.. which you can fish for as rapidly as you fish for juggles in tekken

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 10:28 PM
No End N Site

Man, news for this game is dry as hell.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Mar 15th, 2010 03:14 AM
No End N Site

-Anakaris-

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 10:52 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

nice.. this is looking purchase worthy.. and lol @ kyo's air super

looks to be a fast game with lots of crazy cancels and combinations

now... if only they buy someone elses netcode for online matchplay

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 12:13 AM
Markness

If this is meant to take place after XI, I wonder how SNK will explain Mature's appearance since she's supposed to be dead. Looks like another Dream Match but I still look forward to it.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 05:19 AM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

well she does have an eyepatch.. and after SNK went on with that bullshit NESTS story about the bazillion goddamn kyo clones.. I'm willing to believe they'll do anything to ret-con her reappearance

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 09:19 PM