KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Gears of War 3

Gears of War 3
Started by: Zack Fair

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Gears of War 3

I woke up this morning and turned on the 360. Then found the nifty surprise of Gears of War 3: The Story concludes April 2011.

Here is a link to a source confirming my lunacy

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/09/g...d-by-your-xbox/

First gameplay details

http://www.edge-online.com/news/fir...ameplay-details

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Apr 9th, 2010 at 02:53 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 02:49 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Well... Looks like we know what the best game of 2011 will be now.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 02:53 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Kindda early to call it that, but I'm looking forward to chainsawing more Locusts

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 03:24 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

More "Gears of War" and "Halo" games are exactly what we need right now.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 03:24 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
More "Gears of War" and "Halo" games are exactly what we need right now.

No we need CoD18 with $45 map packs

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 03:25 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Zack Fair
No we need CoD18 with 45 bucks maps

Oh yea, don't forget CoD.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 03:25 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I miss the Half Life 2s =\

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 04:03 PM
§P0oONY

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Kindda early to call it that, but I'm looking forward to chainsawing more Locusts
You know it's going tobe more of the same. This means that it will certainly be up there.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 04:47 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

They need to up the gameplay if they want GOTY honors. If it stays too much like the previous 2 people won't be so nice with it IMO.

I would like them to fix their online netcode and matchmaking systems.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 05:50 PM
§P0oONY

Why wouldn't they be nice about it? Gears gameplay is brilliant. I'm not sure I've ever had more fun with a game than playing Gears campaign with a friend. Plus actual GOTY awards are laughable.

I also couldn't give a shit about online gameplay. So they can do what they want with it and I would be none the wiser.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 06:53 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

They do need to change things if it's going to be anything other than more Gears.

The reason the first one was so great was because it was quite revolutionary in its gameplay dynamic. Like all sequels that follow revolutionary and surprising games, 2 had none of the initial charm. Whilst the gameplay was still good enough to make it really fun, it wasn't great.

Bioshock 2 was great, and for me the loss of initial charm didn't take anything from it, but it wasn't there.

When you're three games in, there's an issue. Resident Evil were five canonical games in when they decided to change things up (Unless you count Code: Veronica's 3Dness), and it did wonders.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 07:06 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

I'd be more than happy if it was just "more gears" though. If it's not broken don't fix it. Look at God of War, thye've not mixed anything up in terms of gameplay but all 3 (4 if you count chains of olympus) are very fun to play and are worth owning. I'm not saying a series could last forever without changing but 3 games is well within a the lifespan for a series like Gears of War... without it needing to change it's gameplay..

Last edited by §P0oONY on Apr 9th, 2010 at 07:15 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 07:12 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't actually agree.

I saw some of God of War 3 today, and I can appreciate why some would find it fun. I found the Hermes fight to be VERY satisfying, and some of it is enjoyable.

If that was the first game they made, I'd be a lot more kind to it. The fact that it's the third and they haven't done much is what bothers me. At least change the characters or the story a bit, like in Resident Evil.

I wouldn't mind if the story on Gears was better, it's just numbingly generic. A prequel may be decent, though. One set around the time of Emergence Day.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 07:18 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

I see your point but I don't completely agree.

I thought God of War 3 was terrific (Hermes was brilliant, while I was chasing him I knew how I wanted to kill him and the game didn't disappoint), I also had more fun playing 3 then probably both 1 and 2, sure it was more of the same but it was just a little bit more polished, more epic. The story was so-so but I wasn't expecting it to be fantastic. I bought the game because I wanted more epic fights with smooth controls, I bought it becasue I wanted gruesome murders of Godly things. It's a series that I don't believe needs inovation to be fun, just chuck in a couple of new weapons, new bosses and new equipment and I'm happy.

Gears of War is the same. I'll buy it because I know I'll get a good 8-10 hours of chainsawing fun gameplay with my flat mate. I like that the characters are 1 dimensional, I like that the story requires no thought. I like pretty much everything about the games. They're just fun to play. Innovation could only hurt it in my mind.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 07:32 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

GoW's online multiplayer has lots of potential but unfortunately they keep screwing it up.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 07:45 PM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Inovation isn't always a good thing. Sonic team keeps trying but keeps failing at that. Some games are just not meant to be tampered with. Gears is fine the way it is.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 07:57 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I wouldn't be surprised if they do a Gears of War: Emergence Day and spice things up ala Halo reach.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 08:01 PM
§P0oONY

I personally couldn't give a toss when it was set. So long as we get some quallity lines of dialouge and fantastic chainsaw filled combat.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 08:07 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Keep the gore and violence top notch and that's what I want.

thumb up

Old Post Apr 12th, 2010 11:10 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I saw a trailer earlier today and was surprised when I saw a female Gear (Anya maybe). Good thing Cliffy realized that through most of the series, it's been a sausage fest and has had enough.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 04:13 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote