KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » God of War: Ghost of Sparta

God of War: Ghost of Sparta
Started by: First_Tsurugi06

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

God of War: Ghost of Sparta

Well, that didn't take long...

It seems as though "Spartans Stand Tall" has some meaning to it after all; Ghost of Sparta is the next chapter in the God of War series. So far, I've only seen four screenshots myself. It's apparently slated for release later this year (won't count on it staying like that though) as well.

The second PSP title in the series, Ghost of Sparta is apparently an interquel set between GoWI and GoWII (after getting a cell phone title and a comic book miniseries set in the same timeframe, I'm surprised they have enough ideas for finall making a game about it). I don't have any word on who's developing it, but if it's Ready At Dawn (who worked on COO) then I have faith in another quality chapter of the series--RaD has very few games to their name, but what they have made are all ace. Anyway, it's nice to see Kratos still has some things left to be told in his story. I just hope this comes off with more promise than that obvious PoP cash in coming out soon...

Here's the IGN article

Discuss.

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on May 11th, 2010 at 01:16 PM

Old Post May 11th, 2010 01:12 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

So Mobile GoW is non-canon now? Now that I think of it, why is it that Hermes can't give Kratos a fight yet his son can?

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post May 11th, 2010 11:41 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Actually, it's supposedley meant to take place some time before Betrayal. It's probably set close to where the comic book series takes place.

Old Post May 12th, 2010 01:42 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Bump.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 11:21 AM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Hayguesswat?

E3 Teaser Trailer

Quick gameplay montage

Note the new weapon--Kratos' Spartan heritage finally speaks for itself with his new Spartan Spear and Shield. Looks bitchin'. There's also said to be more weapons this time around. Then there's the tough looking glow-guy at the end. High-tier cyclops-esque monster I'm guessing.

No, that's not all. Here's Gamespot's coverage of the live demo at E3.

That boss (the Scylla, according to devs) makes the Kraken from GoWII look like Squidward. You also gain a new power called Eye of Atlantis. Word of it is that Ghost of Sparta may have over twice the boss fights of COO (which had three--four at best) and will be a good bit longer as well. I gotta say, it already looks better than CoO graphically.

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on Jun 21st, 2010 at 08:38 AM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2010 08:30 AM
Sin_Volvagia

quote: (post)
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Hayguesswat?

E3 Teaser Trailer

Quick gameplay montage

Note the new weapon--Kratos' Spartan heritage finally speaks for itself with his new Spartan Spear and Shield. Looks bitchin'. There's also said to be more weapons this time around. Then there's the tough looking glow-guy at the end. High-tier cyclops-esque monster I'm guessing.

No, that's not all. Here's Gamespot's coverage of the live demo at E3.

That boss (the Scylla, according to devs) makes the Kraken from GoWII look like Squidward. You also gain a new power called Eye of Atlantis. Word of it is that Ghost of Sparta may have over twice the boss fights of COO (which had three--four at best) and will be a good bit longer as well. I gotta say, it already looks better than CoO graphically.

The glowing guy is an animated Atlas statue. Yeah, Atlas has four arms but the statue in Pandora's Temple didn't.

Sadly, I won't be getting this game because I don't feel like buying a PSP. Gonna have to watch it all on Youtube sad

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Jun 21st, 2010 10:21 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
The glowing guy is an animated Atlas statue. Yeah, Atlas has four arms but the statue in Pandora's Temple didn't.

Sadly, I won't be getting this game because I don't feel like buying a PSP. Gonna have to watch it all on Youtube sad

CoO and GoS are two reasons why I would buy a PSP. Or at least borrow one from a friend. >__>

Seriously, I need to play them. I definitely need to play GoS, as it looks uber.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2010 05:12 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Yeah boi!

More GoW!

We need moar of this kind of beat-em-ups!

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2010 09:54 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heythere,Honey

The spear and shield is win. So getting this. no expression

Sig by Scythe

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2010 10:01 AM
Heythere,Honey is currently offline Click here to Send Heythere,Honey a Private Message Find more posts by Heythere,Honey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Looks rad.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2010 10:56 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

The shield and spear looks strangely like the Spartan from the game, Spartan. no expression

Also, First_Tsurugi06 got his avatar from Awesome Center...an extremely awesome vid.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2010 12:40 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

More reason I'm glad I got my "Go". COO is on my top 5 already, this combined with ps1 classics and stuff? EPIC. gonna be cruising this shit in style.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jul 9th, 2010 11:59 PM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

he needs a new sequence for the minotaur execution. it's been dramatic-stab-in-the-mouth since god of war 1..

Old Post Jul 10th, 2010 06:41 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I always though something where he'd rip off their horns and gouge their eyes out would be cool.

But then they had him do that to the Chimeras in their last phases.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2010 07:10 PM
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

So does this take place before GOW I?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2010 01:28 PM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by majid86
So does this take place before GOW I?

Between Gow and Gow 2.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2010 10:45 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hope Apollo & Uranus will be in this game

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2010 11:22 PM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Updates.

Here's a clip of another section of the game that wasn't in the original demo. If you haven't read up on this yet, this is a segment involving Kratos and King Midas (the guy who turned things to gold with a touch):

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 02:20 AM
CosmicComet

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...-trailer-bonus/

Watch the new trailer. Kratos' brother exists.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 7th, 2010 11:54 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Suppsoedley, thats to be a DLC costume for GoWIII

Old Post Oct 8th, 2010 12:29 AM