KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Video Game Question

Video Game Question
Started by: Quiero Mota

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Quiero Mota

Video Game Question

Why are there never children in video games? I'm serious. Walk around a city in any game, and you won't see kids. They might appear in the game as part of a plot, but never as passerby's or random citizens.

Why is that?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 08:56 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Because in 90% of games that have passerby's in them, you can kill them/punch them around.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 09:03 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

There are children in WoW as random citizens.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 09:08 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Because gamers are naturally bloodthirsty. There are some children in games Warcraft series, Black and white 2, fable series, Fallout series, Final fantasy. But to ensure the the games don't get any parents hounding them they remove the kill feature off them or don't have it at all.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 10:28 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Re: Video Game Question

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Why are there never children in video games? I'm serious. Walk around a city in any game, and you won't see kids. They might appear in the game as part of a plot, but never as passerby's or random citizens.

Why is that?

Hmmmmmmm...Ya'know, I don't see random kids all that much.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 10:43 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Why is that?

Screaming whiney baggage too much of a hassle to program, draw up, and put into CGi graphics.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 10:54 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Because in 90% of games that have passerby's in them, you can kill them/punch them around.

That would be my guess.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 12:01 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Because no one likes kids.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 12:40 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eyron Aplits
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well about 90% of the games I play are JRPGs and I don't think there's a single one I've ever played that doesn't have children NPCs in their towns to at least some extent.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 12:41 AM
Eyron Aplits is currently offline Click here to Send Eyron Aplits a Private Message Find more posts by Eyron Aplits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by BackFire
Because no one likes kids.
If this were true, then wouldn't they be bystanders in games more often? So you could kill them?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 12:51 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

i thought backfire loves kids.

loves.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 01:00 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by AthenasTrgrFngr
i thought backfire loves kids.

loves.
What are you implying?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 01:01 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Why there are no children in most videogames and why they are hardly interacted with? Well...I'd mention a certain someone in this forum but that would be bashing.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 01:20 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Go on NemeSis, do it, strike me down with all of your hatred!

Last edited by NemeBro on Sep 23rd, 2010 at 01:30 AM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 01:23 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

win! big grin

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 01:25 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Why there are no children in most videogames and why they are hardly interacted with? Well...I'd mention a certain someone in this forum but that would be bashing.
Due eet!!!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 02:11 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

But you can kill cops and other citizens all day long in the game....but they draw the line when it comes to kids? What are they afraid of?

I just don't follow their rationale.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 03:10 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

dont you hate cops

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 03:13 AM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

But you can kill cops and other citizens all day long in the game....but they draw the line when it comes to kids? What are they afraid of?

I just don't follow their rationale.
Think about it for second. Whiney parents and people like JT will be all over the place on the game. also the game will get the A rating and won't be published at all like Manhunt almost got.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 03:14 AM
Quiero Mota

Originally posted by AthenasTrgrFngr
dont you hate cops

Yeah; I'm not a big fan of them; what's your point?

They're often touted as heros of the community, but they can be killed in games. But then they draw the line at kids?

Originally posted by Phanteros
Think about it for second. Whiney parents and people like JT will be all over the place on the game. also the game will get the A rating and won't be published at all like Manhunt almost got.

But don't games like True Crime and the Hitman series (where you can slaughter everyone you see) already have adult ratings?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 03:21 AM