KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Final Fantasy XIII-2

Final Fantasy XIII-2
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_D_J
Bane

Final Fantasy XIII-2

I know Backfired already posted this at the XIII thread, but since it's a new game it deserves its own thread

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Announced
Square confirms RPG sequel.

quote:
Dubbed Final Fantasy XIII-2, the game will retain the same key staff behind last year's game, with Yoshinori Kitase and Motomu Toriyama returning, and it will also see the return of key character Lightning.

She'll be joined by an all-new character in a move that's not a first for the Final Fantasy series. Final Fantasy X saw a direct sequel in Final Fantasy X-2 – a game with a combat system that would prove influential to that seen in Final Fantasy XIII.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is down for a 2011 release in Japan and will be coming to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 – and we'll have more from Tokyo as it happens.

First Look: Final Fantasy XIII-2
We've got a logo and a screenshot, and that's all you're going to get for the next two days.

quote:
The biggest news from Square Enix's big 1st Production Department Premier event in Tokyo today was the announcement of a sequel to Final Fantasy XIII.

You've read the details, now get your first look at Final Fantasy XIII-2:

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Yes, that is indeed Lightning, and she's all decked out in sexy armor. The sole screenshot doesn't show the purple haired character Lightning briefly engaged in combat with during a short trailer that was shown at the event.

The wait for official FFXIII-2 footage won't be long. Square Enix is promising an HD version of today's trailer at the game's newly opened official site on the 20th Japan time.

XIII-2 is due for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 release in Japan this year.

I know many hated FFXIII, but I loved it!

I'm excited to see this sequel

EDIT: Trailer @ Destructoid

http://www.destructoid.com/final-fa...rt-191944.phtml

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on Jan 18th, 2011 at 05:27 PM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2011 05:19 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I hope it's as good as X-2 Gais!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2011 05:41 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kosmic King

Is it coming out for Xbox 360? If it is then I'll buy it.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2011 08:45 PM
Kosmic King is currently offline Click here to Send Kosmic King a Private Message Find more posts by Kosmic King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kosmic King

Turns out that it is.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2011 08:47 PM
Kosmic King is currently offline Click here to Send Kosmic King a Private Message Find more posts by Kosmic King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I will probably buy it, but...that screenshot has worries popping up in my mind that they're going to go the same route they did with FFX-2. That armor is just so...un-Lightning-like.

(also, her hair is pink, not purple stick out tongue Or...never mind, that's just a really awkward sentence.)

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Last edited by Peach on Jan 19th, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2011 09:09 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stall_19
Herald of Galactus

It's crazy that it's being released so soon. It's usually takes years for the game to come out from when we first of it, but it's scheduled to be released in Japan this year!!?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 04:54 AM
Stall_19 is currently offline Click here to Send Stall_19 a Private Message Find more posts by Stall_19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I don't know what to think. In one hand I liked Lightning, caccoon and the mythology the game offered. In the other I didn't really like the whole linear thing although it didn't stop me from playing the hell out of the game. The fact it is been made by the same team worries me becase we might probably get the whole linear thing once again. Although the same team working on it means the canon won't be affected much(I hope) It been released so soon probably means we are going to get a lot of re-used backgrounds etc. Ugh I dunno I'll be waiting for it because well its a FF. Lets just hope it turns out better than X-2 did.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 11:45 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Since they are in Pulse now and Cocoon was pretty much destroyed, I expect the game to be less linear... or at least not at obvious, since all JRPGs are linear anyways, grinding and sidequests mask that fact.

I'm also surprised it'll be released this year, they can reuse many assets, but no so much backgrounds, and as big as cocoon is, is not nearly as much as the other locales used in XIII.

I also wonder how they're gonna port this over to 360. The Linearity help tremendously in the multiple disc thing so to not feel like an issue...

Funny this is one coming before Versus-XIII

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 03:25 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stall_19
Herald of Galactus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by S_D_J

Funny this is one coming before Versus-XIII

I know, that crazy, since we first heard of versus like 3-4 years ago and we first heard of FFXIII-2 yesterday.

I'm not sure how much unused content from the first one they could use as I'd imagine this game would take place entirely on Pulse, unless they cut a ton of Pulse content.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 03:52 AM
Stall_19 is currently offline Click here to Send Stall_19 a Private Message Find more posts by Stall_19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kosmic King

So, turns out it's got no pop songs. I didn't like the constant use of pop songs in Final Fantasy XIII, just ruined the game a bit for me in places. Also, it looks like they've analyised the critism of the first part in order to improve it.

So in general yeah I am kind of looking forward to it. It sounds better than the original XIII.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2011 05:15 AM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
I hope it's as good as X-2 Gais!

As in, even worse than it's predecessor? Which was less than stellar to begin with. no expression

Old Post Jan 29th, 2011 06:29 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kosmic King

Less than stellar? X is amazing! Guess it's a matter of opinion though.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2011 07:37 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

FFX less than stellar?

Ugh gonna say I am going to disagree with you and leave it at that.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 30th, 2011 07:33 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dickbag
Restricted

Account Restricted

OMG SQUEEEEE more lightning. The best FF character ever!! Seriously i <3 her and i would want to get my sausage into her sandwich and shoot my load on the tv when i play the game.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2011 06:03 AM
Dickbag is currently offline Click here to Send Dickbag a Private Message Find more posts by Dickbag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hehknwswhtufear
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anybody here read the supplementary story material out of curiosity?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: They seem to be bridging the gap between the two games and it would seem that Lightning has been placed on some kind of metaphysical journey by the Goddess Etro immediately following the aftermath of the first game's events that seems to be far more closely connected to the deep mythology of the Fabula Nova Crystallis and which might explain what seems to be her metamorphosis in the Final Fantasy XIII-2 trailer. The protagonists of the first game all seem to be parting ways now and building their lives for the future (Hope with his father, Snow with Serah, Sazh with Dajh), and it's strongly hinted that they won't be joining her on her quest to free Fang and Vanille from the crystal pillar connecting Cocoon and Pulse together, though Serah seems to respond to some otherwordly force at the end of the story and could quite possibly join her.

There's also an awesome story centered around Buniberzei (The Maker) and a really long prequel/interquel that I have yet to read.

Out of all the Final Fantasy mythologies I think I'd say Fabula Nova Crystallis has now probably become the one I find the most intruiging. Really looking forward to the sequel, and the other two games in development.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 05:10 AM
hehknwswhtufear is currently offline Click here to Send hehknwswhtufear a Private Message Find more posts by hehknwswhtufear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Looks like Lightning is taking back seat for a new protagonist. And a very uninspired one at best. Looks like a cross between Tidus and Sora.

edit: Lightning is playable but not the center protagonist it seems.

Last edited by Phanteros on Jun 7th, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2011 11:28 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

A cross between Tidus and Sora? gsdmlgklsdfmgkr

That said, I didn't care for Lightning anyway.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2011 02:20 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Phanteros

Looks like Lightning is taking back seat for a new protagonist. And a very uninspired one at best. Looks like a cross between Tidus and Sora.

edit: Lightning is playable but not the center protagonist it seems.

don't care about the new character... but I still wanna play this as soon as is out

where the f* is Snow?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2011 02:41 AM
NemeBro

Inorite?

Needs moar Snow or Sazh, with both being preferable.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2011 02:46 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Originally posted by Zack Fair
FFX less than stellar?

Ugh gonna say I am going to disagree with you and leave it at that.

My main point was that X-2 is shit.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2011 12:02 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote