KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...-first-details/ I expect loot of deaths from not being able to run and shoot.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 04:05 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 04:56 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

We're actually given the options to take or spare the lives of the stars (no pun intended) of Resident Evil? It's interesting, yet cruel. Because I like them; Leon, Jill, Claire, and Barry will be spared. Except for Carlos and Chris. They deserve to die.

If Jill Valentine is gonna make an appearence, then that must mean the Nemesis will be making one too since he hunts her down around the beginning of the outbreak. He would make an interesting boss.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 05:02 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

When I saw the title of the article I thought "Oh sweet." When I saw SOCOM Confrontation developer Slant Six Games is currently working on the new Resi game" I vomited all over my computer screen. That's horrible, SOCOM was an awesome game series, slant six got their hands on it and butchered it. These are the last guys that need to be working on RE.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 05:18 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
We're actually given the options to take or spare the lives of the stars (no pun intended) of Resident Evil? It's interesting, yet cruel. Because I like them; Leon, Jill, Claire, and Barry will be spared. Except for Carlos and Chris. They deserve to die.

Kinda understand where you're coming from with Carlos, but why Chris?

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 05:25 AM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Because he sucks in MvC3

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 05:26 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Well at least he was in MvsC 3, unlike Leon. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 05:35 AM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Kinda understand where you're coming from with Carlos, but why Chris?

Resident Evil 5 that's why.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 05:45 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

What about him in RE5?

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 05:47 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

What about him in RE5?

Other than the fact that they made him a steroid-addicted, near emo-tistic, jug eared wimp who cried Jill through the entire game?

In that game, they made him a stereotype of men who act like they have a minor case of down syndrom when they have steroid abuse. Like Wesker said, Chris is "so slow to catch on." If Albert didn't remove Jill's hoodie, Chris would probably just stand there thinking while the tune from Jeaprody was playing in his head.

Chris is a ragdoll, if not a badass (which he isn't). At the moment, I can't seem to recall a protagonist ever getting his/her butt kicked so many times like his.

He says that he wants to save the lives of everyone and yet after he saves Jill from Wesker's control, he didn't seem to care until she told him to move his @$$ which shows more evidence that he's out of character.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 25th, 2011 at 06:30 AM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 06:16 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'd blame the peeps who were involved with RE 5 for that.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 07:31 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Kazenji
I'd blame the peeps who were involved with RE 5 for that.

Well of course those idiots should be blamed for butchering a Resident Evil character who was better off the way he was before 5. I only want to kill Chris because I want to help put him out of his misery. After what Capcom has done to him, there is no going back. And Claire would need someone to be at her side while she's sulking over the loss of her brother and hopefully we can get Steve Burnside's corpse out of her closet and now I'm just derailing from the subject but I was serious about putting him out of his misery. He doesn't show it but deep down, his inner voice is crying out "kill me."

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 08:14 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

No wonder Shinji Mikami left Capcom to go and create his own company.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 08:29 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Interesting concept, though not sure if it will transition well.

Howdy!

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 04:09 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Other than the fact that they made him a steroid-addicted

I believe it was said that he actually disciplined himself by working out constantly and pushed his body to the very limit in preparation for his "rematch" with Wesker after Code Veronica, not because of taking steroids or any of that silly bullshit.

near emo-tistic, , jug eared wimp who cried Jill through the entire game?

Wouldn't say that makes him emo. If anyone (in their right mind) had lost a close partner of theirs whom they had known for years and thought them dead but didn't know for sure, they'd probably think/talk about them just as much. I know I would.

Your statement makes about as much sense to me as saying Leon's emo just because of the way his hair looks.

Like Wesker said, Chris is "so slow to catch on."

Not any slower than Leon was when it came to Krauser in RE4, which nearly got him killed.

Chris is a ragdoll, if not a badass (which he isn't).

Sure he is, with his background, skills, amount of endurance he has, and all.

At the moment, I can't seem to recall a protagonist ever getting his/her butt kicked so many times like his.

Not too hard for me to think of one. Beating Alexia (who Wesker ran away from) and other things he did by himself outside RE5 was rather impressive though. He's also practically the main protagonist, with being Wesker's most direct enemy, not just a protagonist.

He says that he wants to save the lives of everyone and yet after he saves Jill from Wesker's control, he didn't seem to care until she told him to move his @$$ which shows more evidence that he's out of character.

That scene can be interpreted in different ways. Always been my impression that he was hesitant about moving on at first because he was concerned about Jill's safety after all she had been through, and didn't want her to stay behind after losing her the way he did at the Spencer Estate.

Well of course those idiots should be blamed for butchering a Resident Evil character who was better off the way he was before 5.

In some ways, I can see where you're coming from now, but I still wouldn't go far enough as to say that RE5 butchered him (Wesker's another story). And for someone whom you claim gets his ass handed to him so much, he sure did pretty well in reacting to and dodging Wesker's bullets, and what not.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 05:09 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Just to clear things up...

Leon > Chris.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 05:32 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I believe it was said that he actually disciplined himself by working out constantly and pushed his body to the very limit in preparation for his "rematch" with Wesker after Code Veronica, not because of taking steroids or any of that silly bullshit.

The creators say he disciplined himself, his body says muscle juice. Not the speculator's fault that they made him look like a chia pet on a fridge.

quote:
Wouldn't say that makes him emo. If anyone (in their right mind) had lost a close partner of theirs whom they had known for years and thought them dead but didn't know for sure, they'd probably think/talk about them just as much. I know I would.

Yeah and how many years has it been since her "demise?" He should've moved on and try not to dwell on the past 'cause that'll always hurt.

quote:
Your statement makes about as much sense to me as saying Leon's emo just because of the way his hair looks.

Leon never seemed to mope that much since after Ada's "death." He also didn't seem to dwell on it that much and (like I said before) moved on.

quote:
Not any slower than Leon was when it came to Krauser in RE4, which nearly got him killed.

Yeah but at least Leon did kick Krauser's arse in the second encounter on that island and also defeated his mutated form which made him faster and more deadly to boot.

quote:
Sure he is, with his background, skills, amount of endurance he has, and all.

You mean the background and skills he had before he start hitting the gym and didn't come out until 2009?

quote:
Not too hard for me to think of one. Beating Alexia (who Wesker ran away from) and other things he did by himself outside RE5 was rather impressive though. He's also practically the main protagonist, with being Wesker's most direct enemy, not just a protagonist.

My main issue with Chris is what he is now in case you forgot. I was saying that he was better off the way he was before 5. Indeed, being able to piss off Wesker is quite a feat but he did most of that outside of 5. What Chris was doing to Wesker in that game was annoying him and wasn't really pissing him off until PIS came in like unexpected herpes.

quote:
That scene can be interpreted in different ways. Always been my impression that he was hesitant about moving on at first because he was concerned about Jill's safety after all she had been through, and didn't want her to stay behind after losing her the way he did at the Spencer Estate.

Hey, there's no large windows with a badass standing in front of them. I don't think Chris needs to worry about losing her like that again laughing out loud

quote:
In some ways, I can see where you're coming from now, but I still wouldn't go far enough as to say that RE5 butchered him (Wesker's another story). And for someone whom you claim gets his ass handed to him so much, he sure did pretty well in reacting to and dodging Wesker's bullets, and what not.

Wesker was poisoned. The extra dose he received from PG67A/W was kind of messing with his eyes. Did you not see him going into first person view to show the extra dosage taking effect?

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 25th, 2011 at 06:02 PM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 05:58 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I forgot to say this but during those successful quicktime events with Wesker, all that did was get Chris beat up even less. When Chris countered Wesker's finger impalement move on the plane, he got an uppercut to the face.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 08:20 PM
S_D_J
Bane

Wait what? Leon isn't emo?

... I thought the hair was evidence enough whistle

BTW I'll kill Leon the first chance I get in this game

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on Mar 25th, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 11:18 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by S_D_J

BTW I'll kill Leon the first chance I get in this game

I hereby disown you.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 11:51 PM