KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What's Your Favorite 8bit Videogame Tune?

What's Your Favorite 8bit Videogame Tune?
Started by: the ninjak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

What's Your Favorite 8bit Videogame Tune?

Love 8bit game tunes. My fav soundtrack was on sega's Herzog Zwei.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 11:25 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oooh, hard to pick from the old Hewson days... Uridium, Alleykat, Morpheus...

Wizball had some amazing music actually. In fact, the Commodore 64 had by far the best sound chip of its era.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 12:14 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Mega Man 2's entire score and Castlevania II: Simon's Quest.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 04:11 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Mega Man 2's entire score and Castlevania II: Simon's Quest.
The american/european version I hope, the Japanese soundtrack to Castlevania II sucked ass with the exception of silence of daylight.

Anyway, I would defintely add Mega Man 3 and 4 to this list as well as the Japanese version of Castlevania III and the two Metal Gear games on MSX. Oh, and Duck Tales on NES.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post May 1st, 2011 03:01 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kosmic King

Pokemon Gold & Silver Battle with Lance and Red. Then the soundtrack of Kirby's Adventure!

Old Post May 7th, 2011 08:35 PM
Kosmic King is currently offline Click here to Send Kosmic King a Private Message Find more posts by Kosmic King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

One that comes to mind is Kraid's theme in the original Metroid, in addition to those pokeymanz ones mentioned.

Old Post May 7th, 2011 09:07 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

These deserve mention as well.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post May 8th, 2011 01:45 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

There are so many but Battletoads just might win based on the pause music alone.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post May 8th, 2011 01:54 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Battletoads Pause Music? Nahh, I like the level 1 theme more.

Also these are also > Battletoads Pause Music.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post May 8th, 2011 02:18 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Super Mario Brothers 2 -the whole soundtrack (st)-

Sonic 1 (the whole st)

mega mans 1 and 2 -the whole st-

Mortal Kombat pt. 1 (the stage with the crowd of monks clapping after a fight with shang tsung seated in a balcony in the background.)

Actraiser (stage 1 - act 1)

Killer Instinct (saberwulf's stage)

i think a couple of those games were 16 bit though..not sure.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post May 8th, 2011 02:56 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix

100% agreement. big grin

Old Post May 8th, 2011 03:20 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kosmic King

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Super Mario Brothers 2 -the whole soundtrack (st)-

Sonic 1 (the whole st)

mega mans 1 and 2 -the whole st-

Mortal Kombat pt. 1 (the stage with the crowd of monks clapping after a fight with shang tsung seated in a balcony in the background.)

Actraiser (stage 1 - act 1)

Killer Instinct (saberwulf's stage)

i think a couple of those games were 16 bit though..not sure.

Sonic 1 was infact 16-bit.

Old Post May 8th, 2011 07:41 AM
Kosmic King is currently offline Click here to Send Kosmic King a Private Message Find more posts by Kosmic King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Battletoads Pause Music? Nahh, I like the level 1 theme more.

Also these are also > Battletoads Pause Music.

Battletoads had the best music in their era.

All of the levels actually.

smile

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Last edited by Tha C-Master on May 8th, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Old Post May 8th, 2011 11:04 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Impediment
Mega Man 2's entire score

I actually did a multi-track recording of the Wily theme posted earlier on my violin. It's badass.

Old Post May 9th, 2011 12:05 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Originally posted by Tha C-Master

smile
That brings back some fond memories. Ghosts & Goblins and Battletoads are the only games that ever made me damage my console.

Imo, The Spring Yard Zone in Sonic and the password song for Megaman 3 are my wins.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post May 9th, 2011 12:12 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 9th, 2011 12:24 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

smile

Correction, Battletoads had SOME of the best music in the era, not THE best. There are some 8 bit tunes out there that are better than the music in battletoads, but meh, all comes down to personal opinion.

smile

Old Post May 9th, 2011 12:54 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Your Mom came to personal opinion.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on May 9th, 2011 at 01:16 AM

Old Post May 9th, 2011 01:05 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by No End N Site
That brings back some fond memories. Ghosts & Goblins and Battletoads are the only games that ever made me damage my console.

Imo, The Spring Yard Zone in Sonic and the password song for Megaman 3 are my wins.
You're probably a gaming god.
Correction, Battletoads had SOME of the best music in the era, not THE best. There are some 8 bit tunes out there that are better than the music in battletoads, but meh, all comes down to personal opinion.

smile
It's ok to be wrong. stick out tongue

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post May 9th, 2011 01:18 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Your Mom came to personal opinion.

Don't confuse your mom with mine.

It's ok to be wrong. stick out tongue

Glad you agree you were wrong. stick out tongue

Old Post May 9th, 2011 01:28 AM