KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dragon's Dogma

Dragon's Dogma
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Dragon's Dogma

Capcom's new action RPG

gameplay(from the wiki): The player will be able to select between various types of characters, of which three have been revealed so far: the attack-focused fighter, the magic-focused mage, and the speedy strider. Gender choice and appearance settings will also be available.[3]

While the player's party is exploring the world, the three party members who accompany the main character will be controlled by artificial intelligence, but the player can issue orders like "Go", "Help" and "Come to them". One of the party members is a non-playable character (NPC) and belongs to the main character's world. The other two party members are NPCs borrowed from other players by connecting online, but the game will not require an internet connection. However, the player can only borrow the NPCs from other players, not their main character.[2] The party members will talk, seek out the main character's help, and will even provide information about enemies.[3] The player will need to work on strengthening not only the main character but the party members also.[2]

The game will feature a "grab" action, where the main character can grab on or cling to enemies. The player can use this feature for more advanced attack means. For example, the main character can either grab on to a giant griffon's legs and attack it directly, or climb up to reach the top of its head for a more lethal blow.[3] "In a lot of action games, with big enemies the tendency is just to have you hacking away at the shins. You don't get the full effect of fighting a giant boss," Itsuno, the director of Dragon's Dogma says. "With this game you can climb all over it. If it has a body part, you can attack it."[4]

In addition to the large open world, Dragon's Dogma will also feature a large main city environment with over 200 NPCs who will move about according to their own time schedules. The player will be able to communicate with the residents in full voice.[3]

The game is being designed to be playable even by those who aren't too skilled at action games. These types of players can recruit strong NPCs and let them do the fighting during combat as they watch over the battlefield.[2]

Players can look forward to anywhere between 30 and 100 hours of game time from Dragon's Dogma, with the former figure for normal play with the latter figure for those who wish to dig in to the game.[3]

due 2012(japan)

Last edited by Phanteros on May 25th, 2011 at 06:10 PM

Old Post May 25th, 2011 06:06 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Old Post Sep 16th, 2011 05:25 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Looks slick but cliche-ridden. It will likely live or die on the combat system.

And if it can be "played by those who aren't too skilled at action games" it may end up as a facerolling sleeper for those who are. Better hope it has difficulty levels.

The Shadow of the Colossus elements likely won't be awesome, but I like to see a game implementing it. It will slowly open the door for more intimidating boss fights in video games.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2011 07:04 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Old Post Oct 31st, 2011 06:52 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2012 11:27 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Looks interesting.

Did anyone else start to get mild Drakengard vibes when the dragon began speaking in the second trailer?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2012 07:59 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 01:43 PM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Mar 15th, 2012 03:14 AM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I watched both of Capcom's hour or so long streams of the game, and my only issue really came from seeing a bit of slowdown on the Griffin fight, but considering thatt the Griffin was on fire, there were half a dozen fodder monsters around, the player character was unleashing a special attack, and there were Pawns' spells fling all over the place with the camera itself looking pretty close to the player character, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt as an earlier build [SPOILER - highlight to read]: (besides, it's still really satisfying to watch when you pretend that the griffin is Gilda...)

Nonetheless, I'm not exactly cool with the stupid J-Rock theme and butt-metal guitar riffs in the soundtrack--even Monster Hunter knows how to at least be tasteful with that kind of thing (although considering it's my favorite soundtrack in an RPG, I may be kinda biased); the only monsters in that game with any trace of electric guitars in their theme songs are Alatreon and Jiinouga. On that subject, I wonder what the odds are of there being certain high-tier boss monsters with their own themes in this game.

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on Apr 3rd, 2012 at 05:00 PM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 04:56 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

No doubt there will be DLC on the disc already but you have to unlock it.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2012 02:35 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
No doubt there will be DLC on the disc already but you have to unlock it.

And to think if the fanboys had brains, they would not support Capcom and actually protest against that kind of crap. But if they did, they probably wouldn't get their cookies from Momma Kenzo anymore which would explain why this is still continuing.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2012 03:38 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greysen93

I think it looks pretty great. I don't plan on getting it day 1, but I'll definitely play it eventually

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 07:27 PM
Greysen93 is currently offline Click here to Send Greysen93 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysen93 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greysen93

I played the demo yesterday, and I definitely think it's good.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 02:30 PM
Greysen93 is currently offline Click here to Send Greysen93 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysen93 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Helena85

The player will be able to select between various types of characters, of which three have been revealed so far: the attack-focused fighter, t(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 01:36 AM
Helena85 is currently offline Click here to Send Helena85 a Private Message Find more posts by Helena85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I think as long as the combat isn't as repetitive and boring as, the witcher 2 it's got potential. I'll the demo tomorrow

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 02:54 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I think as long as the combat isn't as repetitive and boring as, the witcher 2 it's got potential. I'll the demo tomorrow

Well then your in the minority for Witcher 2....

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 05:01 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Old Post May 11th, 2012 11:42 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Say hello to Dragon's Dogma's multiplayer:

It doesn't say in the trailer but this'll probably be Day 1 DLC.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post May 15th, 2012 09:37 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Capcom "Re-evaluating" On-Disc DLC Policy

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...DLC-Policy.html

Old Post May 15th, 2012 09:56 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

http://youtu.be/1hyn9AUzkPM?t=26s

About time they came to their senses.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on May 15th, 2012 at 06:57 PM

Old Post May 15th, 2012 06:52 PM