KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Darksiders 2

Darksiders 2
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Darksiders 2

Old Post Jun 4th, 2011 08:46 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Looks good.

I wonder what game they're going to copy next, since the first game was blatantly a shell of God of War and Portal.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 4th, 2011 01:14 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Sweet, didn't expect them to jump horsemen.

No Famine or Pestilence love?

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Jun 4th, 2011 01:38 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

For some inane reason, the developers changed Pestilence and Famine to Fury and Strife.

It's just "sounds cooler", according to them.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2011 01:40 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Looks good.

I wonder what game they're going to copy next, since the first game was blatantly a shell of God of War and Portal.
Considering only one gun was anything like Portal... Yeah.

Darksiders was God of War meets the Legend of Zelda.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2011 02:41 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

TBF, you only need one gun to be like Portal.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2011 02:42 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Incorrect.

Darksider has a lot more to it than what it borrows from Portal. It has what it "borrows" from God of War and the Legend of Zelda.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2011 02:54 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I agree that its more like those two, but gameplay-wise Portal is pretty much just the gun. If you ripoff the gun you ripoff Portal. I never said it wasn't like those two, but you can't deny its also like Portal with the portal gun.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2011 03:00 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I CAN DO WHATEVER I DAMN-WELL PLEASE.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2011 03:04 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

YOU CAN TO ME NEMEBRO-SAMA! <3

Old Post Jun 4th, 2011 03:07 PM
NemeBro

I'd rather marry Quan.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2011 03:11 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

love

Old Post Jun 4th, 2011 03:14 PM
Impediment
Endless

I just want more Joe Madureira art style games.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2011 04:46 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

For some inane reason, the developers changed Pestilence and Famine to Fury and Strife.

"Sounds cooler"? Screw that. Fury and Strife sound like they're gonna be War clones. They should keep Pestilence and Famine because I can see a lot of violent potential in those guys. For Famine, he can make his enemies so hungry, they'll eat eachother. For Pestilence, he would give his foes the mother of all diseases, the Bubonic Plague.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2011 07:28 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by NemeBro
I'd rather marry Quan.

sad

Old Post Jun 5th, 2011 08:00 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

"Death would make things too easy, Famine would take too long, and what the **** is Pestilence gonna do, cough on people?"

I think they could add some nifty twists on the actual horsemen if they just put their minds to it; somethin' like Famine being this voracious eating machine with powers both devouring enemies or sicking such minions on them, or Pestilence being a status-inducer that makes his enemies into walking illness time-bombs. Sure the distinctions might be mostly cosmetic in that scenario, but I'm on the prediction that there will be even less than that if they take their liberties with the Horsemen. Not complaning or nothin', just saying that there are possibilities without the need of taking such strong liberties as outright omitting actual characters and replacing them with their own.

Of course, they could've also made a more unique game overall if they did that for the gameplay itself.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 02:43 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Nemesis X
"Sounds cooler"? Screw that. Fury and Strife sound like they're gonna be War clones. They should keep Pestilence and Famine because I can see a lot of violent potential in those guys. For Famine, he can make his enemies so hungry, they'll eat eachother. For Pestilence, he would give his foes the mother of all diseases, the Bubonic Plague.

Based on the naming, I'd say Strife would be like War. Then again, War isn't really affiliated with the concept of War in Darksiders.

Also, Death is quite powerful. He was said to be near invulnerable, and easily pwned a younger War.

The 4 Horsemen in Darksiders are their creation based on the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse, and they get to do what they want to do with them. It's as simple as that really.

Besides, there is no 'Pestilence' Horseman in the Original Source anyway.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 07:41 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

New combat style.....looting....skill tree......more upgrades......etc..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIy946U3648

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2011 09:08 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Awesome.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2011 09:48 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Thought the first, Darksiders was an underrated game with a rather interesting story. I'll be looking forward to this one.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2011 11:27 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote