KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Halo 4

Halo 4
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (29): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_D_J
Bane

Halo 4

I'm excited for the HD remake of CE

but HALO 4? erm

and I thought they'd leave the cow rest for a while longer

comes out Holiday 2012 no expression

link coming soon

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on Jun 6th, 2011 at 06:07 PM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 06:01 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

They did say they planned on making Halo a yearly release

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 06:08 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair

I missed that announcement

erm

EDIT: link

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1172941p1.html

quote:
Microsoft today announced it will release Halo 4 next holiday for Xbox 360.

The announcement was shown at the end of Microsoft's E3 2011 press conference through a cinematic trailer. This will be the first major release from 343 Industries, the internal Halo studio at Microsoft.

President of the Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft, Don Mattrick, described the game as the "beginning of a new trilogy" in the franchise.

Halo 4 releases holiday 2012.

(please log in to view the image)

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-halo-...12-202944.phtml

quote:
Microsoft's keynote just wrapped up with a teaser for Halo 4. In it we see Cortana (who sounds like she's voiced by someone else) wake Master Chief out of cryo-sleep. The ship the two were on at the end of Halo 3 is exploding and Master Chief quickly makes an escape to the outside of the ship.

Master Chief picks up a new gun, which looks like a mini-grenade launcher type weapon and we see that the spaceship is being attacked/pulled in by some giant ship.

Halo 4 is the mark of a new trilogy for the Halo series and it'll be out Holiday 2012.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on Jun 6th, 2011 at 06:19 PM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 06:15 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'll be interested to see how the new developers do with the Halo franchise.

I really never liked Bungie game design. Must be the huge Valve fan in me.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 06:35 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 06:51 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by S_D_J
I missed that announcement

erm

EDIT: link

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1172941p1.html

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-halo-...12-202944.phtml

It wasn't ever officially announced, but a couple of 343 employees and Microsoft PR guys did mention that they were thinking about it.

I liked the trailer. Nice to Chief in action in full CGI. A few cutscenes here and there with action like that(as brief as it was) won't hurt the franchise IMO.

Originally posted by Smasandian
I'll be interested to see how the new developers do with the Halo franchise.

I really never liked Bungie game design. Must be the huge Valve fan in me.

I agree.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Last edited by Zack Fair on Jun 6th, 2011 at 08:24 PM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 08:18 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Ugh.

Howdy!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 10:04 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Did anyone at Bungie even play a Call of Duty game to know that's a bad idea?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 10:42 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

It ain't Bungie. I think Bungie is well aware of that little fact given how it took nearly 3 years for each Halo to come out.

What do I expect from these yearly games? Nothing. At least Halo 4 has probably been in development for a while so it is not like it will be instant crap...it is the other games after that one. Unless they are planning on remaking Halo 2 for a 2013 release or something. That way they can test if people will actually buy a yearly Halo(Yes they will) by using the remakes and Halo 4.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 10:47 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I think a remake of Halo 2 would be pretty cool, actually.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 11:22 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Looks like he's boarding the death star

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 11:23 PM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by BackFire
I think a remake of Halo 2 would be pretty cool, actually.

I'd be all over it like a madman.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 11:28 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Finish the fight...again no expression

I wonder if there will be a new enemy to fight this time. I'm getting a little tired of the Covenant fodder and I think something new should be brought to the table for once. If this game doesn't end the cycle of repeated enemies, I'm gonna be disappointed.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2011 01:54 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I hope the only recurring characters we get are Chief, Cortana and a whole lot of Forerunner mysteries...and endless cicle of repeated enemies? Everyone has that. Most games only change skins in their enemies << But I know what you are trying to say

Last edited by Zack Fair on Jun 7th, 2011 at 02:02 AM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2011 02:00 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It ain't Bungie. I think Bungie is well aware of that little fact given how it took nearly 3 years for each Halo to come out.

What do I expect from these yearly games? Nothing. At least Halo 4 has probably been in development for a while so it is not like it will be instant crap...it is the other games after that one. Unless they are planning on remaking Halo 2 for a 2013 release or something. That way they can test if people will actually buy a yearly Halo(Yes they will) by using the remakes and Halo 4.

Yeah, basically this. ^^

Not gonna lie, but the Halo 4 trailer was actually pretty badass looking. I'll probably just go straight for that and pass on getting the CE remake. Can see myself changing my mind about that though...

Originally posted by steverules_2
Looks like he's boarding the death star

lol Yeah, that's what I was thinking too initially.

I hope the only recurring characters we get are Chief, Cortana and a whole lot of Forerunner mysteries...and endless cicle of repeated enemies? Everyone has that. Most games only change skins in their enemies << But I know what you are trying to say

Yeah, every series has that pretty much. I agree though that facing a whole new threat besides the Covenant and Flood would be pretty nice for a change.

In addition to what you said, I'd also like to Sgt. Johnson again, but I know that won't happen. sad His death by Guilty Spark still pisses me off.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2011 02:26 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Just got back into the Halo mood, recently. So yeah, I'm ready.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Jun 7th, 2011 02:44 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I'm looking forward to this. As far as I'm concerned Halo > CoD any day of the week.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2011 02:49 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

thumb up It's most of teh sci-fi elements of course that make it appeal to me as much as it does, unlike CoD.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2011 02:55 AM
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Originally posted by Me
Just got back into the Halo mood, recently. So yeah, I'm ready.

Edit
That is, if it still feels like Halo.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Jun 7th, 2011 03:03 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Wonder what the multiplayer will be like in this. Here's to hoping that during a match, the game won't pause for a long ass period because somebody decided to wuss out like in Halo Reach. Also hoping for vehicle improvements and by improvements, I don't mean nerfing the hell out of them (again, just like in Reach).

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2011 03:20 AM