KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Kid Icarus: Uprising

Kid Icarus: Uprising
Started by: BloodRawEngine

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Cuz I ain't seen a thread for it yet in over the year since it's been announced, I may as well bring this out here. Though I took it with little more than a grain of salt at E3 2010, E3 2011's trailer and extra news really began to help it pique my interests. The production value seems pretty good (including fully-voiced cinematics, and pretty grand scale battles), and I especially liked the look of the weapons variety and the beat-em-up/shooter mixture to the gameplay.

Enough talk. Here's vids:

E3 2010 trailer

E3 2011 trailer (highlighting the multiplayer)

Discuss.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2011 03:44 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

I'm loving the look of this game, and the gameplay looks great as well. Can't wait to go flying around and stuffs.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2011 08:07 PM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

The voices are so delightfully hammy.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2012 09:37 PM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I'm liking the self-aware dialogue.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2012 10:08 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yoss Noda
Restricted

Account Restricted

Any 3DS owners given this game a play through yet? Amazing game, definitely one of the 3DS's best yet with a very engaging control scheme, and a little random, but was I the only one who was kind of blown away by the equipment system and achievements screen? Like, really minor elements and all, but they have got to be by far the smartest and most interesting design elements of their kind I have ever seen.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 12:03 AM
Yoss Noda is currently offline Click here to Send Yoss Noda a Private Message Find more posts by Yoss Noda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Yeah, picked it up myself. It's really awesome. I don't know what the AR cards are for. Just for the AR battles they do? Wonder if they can be used for in-game stuff.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 12:45 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yoss Noda
Restricted

Account Restricted

I haven't actually even checked those out yet but I'm pretty sure they're not used in the main game itself and just for the extra minigame thing.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 12:29 PM
Yoss Noda is currently offline Click here to Send Yoss Noda a Private Message Find more posts by Yoss Noda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Been having alot of fun with this game. The twists on it and fanwank is amazing. Pretty balanced MP and voice acting sounds great. I love the replay value it has, there's something for everyone in here. The Lightning Chariot midstage segment is freakin' awesome, feels like suped up Galaga.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2012 10:41 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote