KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Kingdom Hearts 3 (build up)

Kingdom Hearts 3 (build up)
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Kingdom Hearts 3 (build up)

http://games.ign.com/articles/118/1181920p1.html

quote:
Square Enix's Tetsuya Nomura has revealed a few small details about Kingdom Hearts III in Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu (via Andriasang).

Nomura said that KHIII will be the last game for the series' main antagonist, Xehanort. But that won't mark the end of the franchise. Apparently a framework is already in place for future sequels, with Sora retained as the main character.

Nomura promised that fans waiting for KHIII will find some answers in Kingdom Hearts 3D on 3DS, suggesting that this could be the final spin-off before the long-awaited sequel (finally!). But with development on KH3D reportedly only 40%-50% done, don't look for it in your stocking this Christmas.

Nomura also stated that Square Enix was looking into the tech used to render past titles in HD. (Could this mean Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts collections are in the works?)

When do you think we'll see Kingdom Hearts III and, more importantly, what systems will it come to?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2011 05:50 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Square will put a bunch of resources on it, get it about 50-70% complete... and then pull all the resources and start making FF13 3, the sequel to sequel no one wanted of the game no one liked.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jul 14th, 2011 06:26 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Square will put a bunch of resources on it, get it about 50-70% complete... and then pull all the resources and start making FF13 3, the sequel to sequel no one wanted of the game no one liked.
Such is a cruel fate for the franchise. My bet KH3 and FF 13 versus will end up like Duke Nukem Forever.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2011 06:43 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Phanteros
Such is a cruel fate for the franchise. My bet KH3 and FF 13 versus will end up like Duke Nukem Forever.

KH3...like DNF?

(please log in to view the image)

FF13 can fail as hard as MindJack for all I care but to go and mess up KH3 would be foolish even for Square Enix. I enjoyed KH1 & 2 and I will continue to have faith that 3 will be as good or better than its predecessors.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2011 08:03 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

Why the 3DS? I know I could always get one, but I'm just curious why they would release on that and not the PS3. Or even the Wii.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2011 02:38 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

Ignore my previous post. I misread that article.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2011 06:47 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

KH: II had the perfect ending. Can we pleeeease leave Sora alone and get a new protagonist and storyline? Please?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2011 12:29 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

WTF? He didn't even tell us anything new except that one of the spin offs will have some info about it. No shit. Sounds like every game since II.

Nomura is a douche. And Final Fantasy XIII is a bigger douche for taking up time when Kingdom Hearts is far and away superior than most recent Final Fantasy games. Bastards.

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
KH: II had the perfect ending. Can we pleeeease leave Sora alone and get a new protagonist and storyline? Please?

I wouldn't say perfect ending because it did have a sequel hook(that wasn't explained until Coded). That said, Xehanort is awesome so I want to see him again. Sora might could do with a tad of a break after III. Would be nice to inject some new blood like they did with BBS.

And I don't think KH III will end up that much like Duke Nukem Forever. If only because Square has released KH games since and they aren't trying to slowly build a bad game.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2011 02:07 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

The game should switch to Xehanort being the new protagonist. Or something.

Let Sora be happy butseksing with Riku and Kairi on his island. Mother****er's earned it.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2011 02:13 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

A game with Xehanort as the protagonist would be awesome. I'd feel like such a badass playing as him.

Did he? Did he?!

Yes, he did. But, Sora owes the King a favor for the Xaldin fight. That and Xehanort would just go and mess up his home anyway, so may as well fight.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2011 02:17 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

Aren't you forgetting the cliff hanger right at the end?

Old Post Jul 16th, 2011 06:49 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

So only a few more years until we see KH3? ..Great.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Jul 17th, 2011 07:05 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

square has turned into a completely shit company. ff13 was bull. 13 versus is STILL NOT OUT after nearly 5 years of delays. do you REALLY expect them to make aworthwhile succeso to kingdom hearts in the lifetime of this generation of consoles?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2011 08:03 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Originally posted by leonheartmm
square has turned into a completely shit company. ff13 was bull. 13 versus is STILL NOT OUT after nearly 5 years of delays. do you REALLY expect them to make aworthwhile succeso to kingdom hearts in the lifetime of this generation of consoles?

I'd be insanely surprised if it came out while before this generation of consoles has run its course. Which sucks since one of my main motivations for getting a PS3 was for KH3

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 02:43 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Suck it KH fans

KH3 will be shit anyways.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 04:42 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Suck it KH fans

KH3 will be shit anyways.

Know where you can shove that panda's bamboo stick?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 06:51 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

8th gen PS/Xbox wont be out until after 2015 so there's enough time for KH3 to make it on there.

Already know that KH3 will at least have great gameplay.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 02:22 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Know where you can shove that panda's bamboo stick?

Originally posted by BloodRain
8th gen PS/Xbox wont be out until after 2015 so there's enough time for KH3 to make it on there.

Already know that KH3 will at least have great gameplay.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Jul 18th, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 10:58 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Zack Fair

I don't get it.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 11:18 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Nemesis X
I don't get it.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 11:46 PM