KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Borderlands 2

Borderlands 2
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Borderlands 2

lets hope the story is better for the sequel

Last edited by Kazenji on Aug 16th, 2011 at 07:38 AM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2011 07:35 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

let's hope it isn't a borefest like boringlands 1 was.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2011 08:02 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Oh rly?

has'nt been boring for me, which i recently got the Game of the year edition.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2011 08:18 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Borderlands had a love-hate relationship with people.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2011 01:32 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I'm currently playing borderlands 1, still.

I don't like how all enemies respawn. It gets annoying, after a while. The "stat points" system could be done better, as well. They also need to make it to where you can purchase the same upgraded guns from any terminal...not just specific ones the further in the game you go. It's a bit inconvenient to have to go to the 'latest and greatest' terminal to get the best weapons or upgrades.

So here's hoping that B2 improves on at least some of my complaints.

P.S. Killing level 3 skags when you're level 30 is very annoying. They should make a system where IF they will respawn...they won't attack you if they are greater than 4 levels below you. That could eliminate some of the frustration.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2011 03:01 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Borderlands is all about the loot and stats.

That's why they have respawning enemies. I'll be surprised if they changed that aspect.

But I don't remember it being a huge deal because near the end, I just ran over them, or around them or just warped to where I needed to go.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2011 03:54 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

It was a fun game for me. No story to really speak of but a fun game.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2011 05:49 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
That's why they have respawning enemies. I'll be surprised if they changed that aspect.

Obvisouly they were taking a page from Diablo on that side of things

in that teaser those aliens with the 4 arms you see guy shooting at looks kinda like the one from Super 8

Old Post Aug 17th, 2011 06:22 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I never played Diablo but from what I've read and talked about with friends, Borderlands is Diablo with guns.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2011 03:06 PM
ABBEYy

Hopefully it will have even more weapons and levels..really would be foolish.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2011 09:41 PM
ABBEYy is currently offline Click here to Send ABBEYy a Private Message Find more posts by ABBEYy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Borderlands is all about the loot and stats.

That's why they have respawning enemies.

You don't need respawning enemies to do that, though. Every other action RPG seems to have done just fine without doing that. I liked Fallout 3's and NV's approach, better, to the weapons. I didn't like the respawning enemies, though, in NV.

When I kill sh*t, I want it dead. I also do not like the 'grind' of doing something over and over again to get a specific config of a weapon. What lameness, man. LAAAAAME.

I do like exploring new areas and finding new weapons, though. that's always fun.

Last edited by dadudemon on Aug 17th, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Old Post Aug 17th, 2011 10:16 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Fallout 3 and New Vegas have respawning enemies?

There also two completely different games. Borderlands is a Diablo clone structured within a FPS. If you don't like respawning enemies then don't play the game because it was designed to have respawning enemies. One of the only ways to get past certain levels is to kill the baddies to gain exp levels.

The one cool thing about Borderlands is that I can revisit older areas and dominate enemy types I had difficulty with originally. That's the cool thing about it. Look at Oblivion, that's the main weakness of the game is that dungeons you visit have respawning enemies that level up to what your character experience level is.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 01:52 AM
dadudemon

Fallout 3 and New Vegas have respawning enemies?

Yes. And it was lame.

Other areas do not have respawning enemies in those games...which was nice.

There also two completely different games.

First person (or third, if you change your view) action RPGs?

Nah. They are in the exact same category.

Borderlands is a Diablo clone structured within a FPS. If you don't like respawning enemies then don't play the game because it was designed to have respawning enemies. One of the only ways to get past certain levels is to kill the baddies to gain exp levels.

So I am not supposed to play a game that has things I don't like about it?

Did that make sense as you typed it out?

The one cool thing about Borderlands is that I can revisit older areas and dominate enemy types I had difficulty with originally.

That's how RPGs generally work.

That's the cool thing about it. Look at Oblivion, that's the main weakness of the game is that dungeons you visit have respawning enemies that level up to what your character experience level is.

And I hate the auto-enemy leveling system of RPGs, as well.

Like I said...there is a happy medium between annoying respawning enemies and auto-leveling enemies: enemies that ignore you.

If you are 4+ levels higher than the respawned enemies, it would be nice if they completely ignored you unless you attacked them.

Even better: it would be best if they stayed dead and didn't magically respawn. If you need additional exp...it's called side-quests. The respawn thing is just artifically inflating the gameplay time. It's not cool, doesn't add anything to the game, and makes it lame grinding.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 02:38 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by dadudemon
You don't need respawning enemies to do that, though. Every other action RPG seems to have done just fine without doing that. I liked Fallout 3's and NV's approach, better, to the weapons. I didn't like the respawning enemies, though, in NV.

So your hating the respawning enemies feature erm

in that case how are you ment to level up in the game when most of enemies are dead......ding ding...thats where the respawning enemies comes into all.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 08:32 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Kazenji
in that case how are you ment to level up in the game when most of enemies are dead......ding ding...thats where the respawning enemies comes into all.

Yeah...like..how in the world do all the other RPGs accomplish it, man.

It takes a bit more planning to balance an RPG OR...you can just throw in plenty of side quests (which is usually what they do.)

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 10:31 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by dadudemon
Yeah...like..how in the world do all the other RPGs accomplish it, man.

It takes a bit more planning to balance an RPG OR...you can just throw in plenty of side quests (which is usually what they do.)

obvisouly you have'nt played Diablo because theres no side-quests with those games hence why it uses respawning enemies

but oh well you don't see what me and Smasandian are trying to get at with the "respawning enemies" idea, So its pretty much no point continuing discussing it with you.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 12:32 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The thing is...is that you can ignore the enemies if you don't want to fight them.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 01:18 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

That too.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 01:48 PM
dadudemon

obvisouly you have'nt played Diablo because theres no side-quests with those games hence why it uses respawning enemies

Hi:

I own the box set.

no expression

Additionally, there are side quests as part of the main quests in Diablo 1 and 2. They can be referred to as "mini quests", really. They offer additional gear, exp, and gold, usually.

but oh well you don't see what me and Smasandian are trying to get at with the "respawning enemies" idea, So its pretty much no point continuing discussing it with you.

Indeed: because you and Smasandian (actually, he does) don't get what I'm talking about with artificially inflating a game with respawning enemies.

The thing is...is that you can ignore the enemies if you don't want to fight them.

You can...but it's annoying as hell. They could have just as easily created a very simple script that has the enemies ignore you if you are so many levels ahead of them.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2011 03:40 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, I'll be very surprise if they change anything to do with the respawning enemies. That's pretty much the whole point to the game.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2011 12:32 AM