KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Final Fantasy X HD

Final Fantasy X HD
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scythe
The Goat

Final Fantasy X HD

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1194253p1.html

I'm surprised it isn't FFVII, but yeah, I loved FFX, good times.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2011 06:57 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Balls.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 14th, 2011 07:24 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Well I just came.

For the 42nd time after reading this.

Oops, there I go again.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2011 07:50 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

...oh, son of a *****.

I had figured that they were never going to come out with anything that would cause me to want to buy a PS3. And now this

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 14th, 2011 01:16 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Is it a full remake ala Halo Anniversary or just an HD upgrade?

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Sep 14th, 2011 08:26 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

This is awesome. Been wanting to play FFX again but have been too lazy to hook up the PS2.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2011 11:07 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

...?

Really?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2011 11:24 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Is it a full remake ala Halo Anniversary or just an HD upgrade?

HD upgrade.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 14th, 2011 11:33 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I'm hoping that it's an upgrade of the International version, as that had extra bosses and the Dark Aeons and the like...I was always annoyed that I couldn't get that version. That would be so awesome.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2011 03:17 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Great news! FFX is my favourite game in the series, so I'm happy it's getting the release before FFVII.

Originally posted by Peach
I'm hoping that it's an upgrade of the International version, as that had extra bosses and the Dark Aeons and the like...I was always annoyed that I couldn't get that version. That would be so awesome.
Never heard of importing? I was glad that we got content the yanks didn't... about ****ing time, I've had to import games for years.

Last edited by §P0oONY on Sep 15th, 2011 at 06:53 PM

Old Post Sep 15th, 2011 06:50 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

PS2s are region-coded, so I would have had to get a Japanese PS2 or mod it myself, neither of which I was able to do.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2011 08:25 PM
S_D_J
Bane

I also hope it's the International Version, it was tad better with the extra fights and stuff

plus not many people this side of the planet got to enjoy it, so it should be fair

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Sep 16th, 2011 02:36 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

PS2s are region-coded, so I would have had to get a Japanese PS2 or mod it myself, neither of which I was able to do.
Swap magic...

Also, why would you get the Japanese version?

The Pal version is also the international version.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2011 03:13 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by §P0oONY
Swap magic...

Also, why would you get the Japanese version?

The Pal version is also the international version.

Because Japanese PS2s will play PAL games, as well as have the voltage as American systems; no converters or modding or anything needed. PAL games do not play on American PS2s.

Either way, it would have cost more money than I could afford to spend on stuff like that back when I was in high school stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 16th, 2011 03:26 PM
§P0oONY

Because Japanese PS2s will play PAL games, as well as have the voltage as American systems; no converters or modding or anything needed. PAL games do not play on American PS2s.

Either way, it would have cost more money than I could afford to spend on stuff like that back when I was in high school stick out tongue
As I said... Swapmagic.... That's how I played Japanese/Yankee software on my PS2. Which involves no modding and no alternate hardware. And Japan PS2s don't support PAL software... They're NTSC.

And importing really isn't much more expensice than getting your own software.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2011 03:49 PM
Peach
mordrem

Importing games can be significantly more expensive than buying copies made in your region; I've imported plenty of things like CDs and books, and have looked into importing certain games before they had US releases, so I do know this. And this is the first time I've heard of Swap Magic; something which 10 years ago I'd've had no way of purchasing anyway.

I was mistaken on PAL games playing on Japanese systems; I was relying on my memory of a friend that had a Japanese PS2 playing FFX International and forgot the fact that the International version had a Japanese release as well.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2011 05:37 PM
jinXed by JaNx

i didnt have an international version and there were dark aeons in my game

Old Post Sep 16th, 2011 05:55 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
i didnt have an international version and there were dark aeons in my game

That's not possible, as they weren't in the original Japanese or US releases, only the Japanese and PAL International versions.

I'm not talking about when you fight the aeons at the end of the game during the final boss fights; I'm talking about something completely different.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2011 05:58 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

That's not possible, as they weren't in the original Japanese or US releases, only the Japanese and PAL International versions.

I'm not talking about when you fight the aeons at the end of the game during the final boss fights; I'm talking about something completely different.

thumb up

Old Post Sep 16th, 2011 06:10 PM
§P0oONY

Importing games can be significantly more expensive than buying copies made in your region; I've imported plenty of things like CDs and books, and have looked into importing certain games before they had US releases, so I do know this. And this is the first time I've heard of Swap Magic; something which 10 years ago I'd've had no way of purchasing anyway.

I was mistaken on PAL games playing on Japanese systems; I was relying on my memory of a friend that had a Japanese PS2 playing FFX International and forgot the fact that the International version had a Japanese release as well.
From my experience price differences are negligible or even cheaper. Bear in mind that I come from a country that usually gets charged more for things than the States. I haven't imported much recently so I can't really comment, but I used to import most of my games. Back in the day I remember you had to pay £50 for a new N64 game... This was about $90 (back when you could get almost $2 to the £). Buying a US version and getting it shipped still worked out cheaper.

I'm happy that price differences have decreased over time (Only about $35 more for a 3DS now)... and I'm more happy that release dates have improved. We used to have to wait months to get a game after it had already been released in the States. (my main reason for importing.)

This is why your comment struck a nerve. The number of things that have simply not been released in the UK... that are Japanese or Japanese/USA only. It is nice that we at least had more shit in a Final Fantasy game than our American counterparts.

This said... I hope it's the Int version as well.... because I can't imagine playingthe gme without the expert sphere grid.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2011 06:24 PM