KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What is your favorite gaming controller?

What is your favorite gaming controller?
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

What is your favorite gaming controller?

I looked for an existing thread and found nothing, surprisingly.

Of all the game controllers out there in existence, which one is your favorite? What's the most comfortable and accessible for you?

• Atari
  • NES
  • SNES
  • N64
  • Gamecube
  • Wii remote/nunchuck/classic controller
  • Playstation/Dual Shock/Sixaxis
  • Xbox
  • Xbox 360
  • Sega Master system
  • Genesis
  • Dreamcast
  • Turbo Grafx 16
  • Third party controller
  • Hand held
  • something else

Personally, the best controller I've ever used is the Gamecube controller. It just melds to every contour of my hands and feels very comfortable to me. It may only have 3 trigger buttons as opposed to Playstation's four, but then again I never had a need for four trigger butons on a GC game. Even Super Smash Bros. Melee worked perfectly with only 3. My only grpire is that the cord seemed too damn short and I had to buy an extension so I could comfortably play on my couch from afar.

A close second is the Playstation Dual Shock analog controller. I guess since I'm a PS3/PS2 owner, it would only seem natural to name it.

How about you guys?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 12:12 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Keyboard+mouse.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 12:37 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

PS3 controller cuz I grew up with a PS1/PS2

Mad Catz Street Fighter IV PS3 controller, feels nice when playing fighters, mine has Ken on it.

NES, love it's compact design and simplicity.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 12:47 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Keyboard and Mouse is good.
Any of my old Amiga joysticks.
Playstation controller (dual shock).
X360 controller.

Never could get a feel for the gamecube ones, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 12:51 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Well, no controller can really beat the versatility and customization of a keyboard and mouse. But that's cheating a bit in this thread.

The Playstation really figured it out first. XBox basically copied them because they realized they lost the initial controller wars. People can talk about ingenuity, simplicity, etc. but the PS controller and eventual copies have found the most intuitive way to get as much as possible onto the controller without flooding it with buttons or making any particularly awkward.

I didn't mind and/or enjoyed the N64 controller, Genesis, Gamecube. But I'd be lying if I said they're superior.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 12:53 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

The last console I owned was PS1. I really liked its controller, so there ye go.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 01:00 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Dualshock, for reasons already stated by Digi & Scythe.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 01:37 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

The Xbox 360 controller is the best console controller I've ever used. And, for the record, as far as shooters are concerned, the 360 controller blows the PS3 controller out of the water. It's a proven fact that the positioning of your thumbs is just better so far as precise aiming and the like. It's too easy to overcompensate with a PS controller.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 01:59 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Definitely the 360 controller. The way it's shaped, it's just plain comfortable to hold.

I've actually always found the PS controllers a bit crap.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 02:10 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I'm fairly comfortable with the 360 or PS controller for the most part. I prefer the 360 controller for shooters, but the PS controller is far superior for fighting games. The 360 controller is a complete piece of trash there.

Arcade sticks are supposedly the best for fighters, but meh.

Last edited by StyleTime on Sep 19th, 2011 at 02:28 AM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 02:14 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

PS controller. The 360 controller hurts a couple of my fingers by having them pushed up agianst the battery pack.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 09:07 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I prefer the 360 controller, followed by the GameCube and then PS controllers.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 11:44 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Re: What is your favorite gaming controller?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
I looked for an existing thread and found nothing, surprisingly.

Of all the game controllers out there in existence, which one is your favorite? What's the most comfortable and accessible for you?

• Atari
  • NES
  • SNES
  • N64
  • Gamecube
  • Wii remote/nunchuck/classic controller
  • Playstation/Dual Shock/Sixaxis
  • Xbox
  • Xbox 360
  • Sega Master system
  • Genesis
  • Dreamcast
  • Turbo Grafx 16
  • Third party controller
  • Hand held
  • something else

Personally, the best controller I've ever used is the Gamecube controller. It just melds to every contour of my hands and feels very comfortable to me. It may only have 3 trigger buttons as opposed to Playstation's four, but then again I never had a need for four trigger butons on a GC game. Even Super Smash Bros. Melee worked perfectly with only 3. My only grpire is that the cord seemed too damn short and I had to buy an extension so I could comfortably play on my couch from afar.

A close second is the Playstation Dual Shock analog controller. I guess since I'm a PS3/PS2 owner, it would only seem natural to name it.

How about you guys?

I gotta agree with this. Although when it works, Wii remote in left-hang/nunchuck in right hand is pretty sweet too.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 03:16 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Xbox 360 controller by a significant margin. The layout is pretty much perfect.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 10:18 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Dem stix! Preferably MC's or Hori's. And not the cheap ones.

(please log in to view the image)

That's right! A stick made of f**kin-gold.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Sep 20th, 2011 12:23 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

That stick is missing one, key button.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 20th, 2011 12:43 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

^
Hey! A Hit Box Stick! lol

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Sep 20th, 2011 03:09 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

360 or playstation

Old Post Sep 20th, 2011 05:12 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cool_ghost
Touch me and you die

Even though I WANT to say the dualshock, and I do like it, I believe the xbox 360 controller is better. I just enjoy playstation more, And even though the original xbox controller was garbage, they knew they couldn't do that twice.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2011 07:56 AM
cool_ghost is currently offline Click here to Send cool_ghost a Private Message Find more posts by cool_ghost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cool_ghost
Even though I WANT to say the dualshock, and I do like it, I believe the xbox 360 controller is better. I just enjoy playstation more, And even though the original xbox controller was garbage, they knew they couldn't do that twice.

They didn't even do it for an entire console generation. The controllers for original XBox changed even before the 360 came out. Like I said, copying the PS controller, which got it right. 360 might be a bit more sleek, but that's a personal choice thing...for all practical purposes, the controllers are the same now.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2011 05:55 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote