KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Game of the Year 2011

GOTY 2011
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception 2 5.26%
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 18 47.37%
Batman Arkham City 10 26.32%
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 4 10.53%
Portal 2 3 7.89%
Gears of War 3 1 2.63%
Super Mario 3D Land 0 0%
Rayman Origins 0 0%
Forza Motorsport 4 0 0%
Dead Space 2 0 0%
Total: 38 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Game of the Year 2011
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_D_J
Bane

Game of the Year 2011

Vote for your favorite game of 2011

Honorable mentions: (World have included some of these but there’s only room for 10)

Mortal Kombat 9
FIFA Soccer 12
NBA 2K12
Resistance 3:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
L.A. Noire
Killzone 3
Dark Souls
Assassins Creed Revelations
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Battlefield 3
Dead Island
Rage

and

Minecraft… though it’s just about to leave Beta, so it can’t be game of the year

and anyone wondering: try the Rayman Origins demo, is pure 2D bliss, too bad it came out in such a busy season

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on Nov 21st, 2011 at 03:00 AM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 02:55 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Skyrim, probably followed by either Dark Souls or Arkham City, based on what little I've played of them.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 04:01 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Modern Warfare 3 hands down.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 04:04 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The last month has probably been the best month for gaming that I've ever had. Both Arkham City and Skyrim are absolutely amazing examples of the best that this medium is capable of. One of those will surely be my game of the year, choosing which one is going to be near impossible, though. They're both among the best gaming experiences I've had.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 05:16 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

Attachment: 1300044776986.jpg
This has been downloaded 146 time(s).

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 02:20 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Batman: Arkham City by a light year.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 02:53 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Skyrim followed by Arkham City.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 04:00 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by the ninjak
Skyrim followed by Arkham City.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 04:06 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

I've only played the first hour or so of Skyrim, and haven't played Arkham City. Or Arkham Asylum actually haermm. Uncharted 3 is great but is really Uncharted 2.5. Great game nonetheless.

Nothing really matches the overall scope of Minecraft but I don't see it winning many GOTY awards.

I'd say Minecraft because there is so much you can do with it. I really hope (either through mods or notch (aka Jeb )) quests are added.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 04:06 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I was tempted to put Minecraft up for vote, but since it was still a Beta, not technically released, I couldn't no expression

Originally posted by BackFire
The last month has probably been the best month for gaming that I've ever had. Both Arkham City and Skyrim are absolutely amazing examples of the best that this medium is capable of. One of those will surely be my game of the year, choosing which one is going to be near impossible, though. They're both among the best gaming experiences I've had.

This Fall has been one of the best ever. Most, if not all games up for GOTY, came out this season. What's really interesting though, it's the fact that every single one of them has been a sequel or part of a franchise, No original IP no expression

... Except for Minecraft, but... erm

Overall 2011 has been a great year for gaming, over 25 great games worth anyone's time (not mentioning HD collections)

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on Nov 21st, 2011 at 05:12 PM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 05:08 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Minecraft's been in beta for years, though. It's become one of those things where it being in beta means nothing (especially since you still have to pay to get it, despite it supposedly being beta).

Also, this has made me realize that I've bought and played exactly one new release this year.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 05:12 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

The Witcher 2 for me.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 06:48 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

None of the games that came out in 2011 that I've played really feel like they deserve my personal GOTY award. I enjoyed(or am still enjoying) Dead Space 2, Anno 2070, Bastion, The Bitcher 2, HoMM 6. Torchlight 2 and Serious Sam 3 are yet to come out, but look fairly promising.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 07:43 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
None of the games that came out in 2011 that I've played really feel like they deserve my personal GOTY award. I enjoyed(or am still enjoying) Dead Space 2, Anno 2070, Bastion, The Bitcher 2, HoMM 6. Torchlight 2 and Serious Sam 3 are yet to come out, but look fairly promising.
lol

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 10:28 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Phanteros
lol

QFT

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 10:47 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Phanteros
lol

Skyrim > The Witcher 2, btw.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2011 12:17 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2011 12:31 AM
Utrigita

I think that's highly depending on what you expect to get. I too would agree to some degree that Witcher 2 is a better game then Skyrim.

(yeah drag me behind the barn and shoot me)

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2011 12:34 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

The reviews don't lie, my friend. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Haha, who am I kidding?

It's just such a shame that no 2011 game can get my coveted GOTY award. And I'm not at all hard to please.

Originally posted by Utrigita
I think that's highly depending on what you expect to get. I too would agree to some degree that Witcher 2 is a better game then Skyrim.

(yeah drag me behind the barn and shoot me)

Now why would I do that? Both are mediocre games at best.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2011 12:38 AM
NemeBro

You don't really have any understanding of what a mediocre game is then. smile

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2011 12:52 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote