KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Amazing Spider-Man

The Amazing Spider-Man
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The Amazing Spider-Man

The Game movie tie in

Teaser

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/v...ider-man/724644

looks like its back to being an open world game like the one they did for Spider-Man 2.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2011 09:23 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

lol, looks EXACTLY like SM2 and/or 3, right down to the level of detail on the buildings. Which, ok, same console generation, but hopefully they step up their textures at least.

Whatever. It's a SM game. I'm in. Without free roam, it's not really a SM game, so the latest installments might have been acceptable but didn't really do anything to entice me. This one will.

Still gotta go back and play WoS, but I'm so behind on gaming right now, that's still like 6 months off.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2011 12:38 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Hopefully like Spidey 2, not 3. Keeping my eyes peeled for this one... and the movie I guess.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Dec 10th, 2011 12:38 AM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

At least Sega involved with this game.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2011 03:39 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

You mean the same people who made the shitastic Iron man and Thor games?

Old Post Dec 10th, 2011 04:54 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
lol, looks EXACTLY like SM2 and/or 3, right down to the level of detail on the buildings. Which, ok, same console generation, but hopefully they step up their textures at least.

Whatever. It's a SM game. I'm in. Without free roam, it's not really a SM game, so the latest installments might have been acceptable but didn't really do anything to entice me. This one will.

Still gotta go back and play WoS, but I'm so behind on gaming right now, that's still like 6 months off.

personally web of shadows was my favorite one.

But also a game doesn't need free roam to be a spidey game imo. Would it make it better? OF course.

But making a good spider-man narrative with a sense of urgency that would make the lack of free roam make sense would be fine by me if they got his character right and made the action feel like him.

Just my view on it

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Dec 10th, 2011 04:57 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Phanteros
You mean the same people who made the shitastic Iron man and Thor games?

Sorry i forgot to put "Is'nt" involved.... damn 15 min edit rule...

Old Post Dec 10th, 2011 05:04 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by jalek moye
personally web of shadows was my favorite one.

But also a game doesn't need free roam to be a spidey game imo. Would it make it better? OF course.

But making a good spider-man narrative with a sense of urgency that would make the lack of free roam make sense would be fine by me if they got his character right and made the action feel like him.

Just my view on it

Nah. A good game can exist without it, yes. But it probably won't, because the story and gameplay elements are never going to be SO awesome that it makes up for it. It's somewhat a burden of the license.

More superhero games should be free roam though. Flawed and sloppy as it was, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction was the same way and was a riot. They need Super Smash Bros. Marvel Edition with open cityscapes as the battlefields. That would really be one of the best things ever.

The superhero MMOs try at this, but there's too many restrictions of the genre to be as fluid as the games I mentioned.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2011 05:46 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Nah. A good game can exist without it, yes. But it probably won't, because the story and gameplay elements are never going to be SO awesome that it makes up for it. It's somewhat a burden of the license.

More superhero games should be free roam though. Flawed and sloppy as it was, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction was the same way and was a riot. They need Super Smash Bros. Marvel Edition with open cityscapes as the battlefields. That would really be one of the best things ever.

The superhero MMOs try at this, but there's too many restrictions of the genre to be as fluid as the games I mentioned.

that would be pretty cool

Old Post Dec 10th, 2011 05:51 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by jalek moye
that would be pretty cool

It's basically been my dream game since that Hulk game, when I realized the implications of having multiple heroes in such an environment.

I have more ideas concerning it, since it's fun to imagine, but it's largely academic since I'm in no way in a game design field.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2011 06:17 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Looks fun, and I like the graphics.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2011 10:17 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 02:38 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

That was pretty awesome looking. Again, the swing mechanics will have to feel right. That's really the one thing we won't know until we play.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 06:11 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

The plot is so cliche it hurts.

I know that it's a comic book game and therefore we're to expect a shitty story. But it would be really awesome if just for once we could get a story that wasn't totally halfassed.

I know Kazenji's going to ask me how the plot is cliche, he can't help himself, but all the same I'm really tired of the "zomg robots are turning on us!" plot. Like, no one in the spiderman universe is smart enough to realize that allowing a corporation to build a giant army of super robots right in the middle of town is potentially a horrible idea?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 06:24 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Has that plot got anything to do with the movie?

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 06:59 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I'm not sure. The movie's main villain is supposedly going to be the Lizard, so I'm not sure how an army of evil OsCorp robots fits into that.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 07:15 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Well, I can't disagree with your assessment Blax, but it could be said that the SM games aren't meant to be played for their story. I've enjoyed a lot of them in the series, but can't really remember any story that stands out. Either it was cliche as hell, or just a loose plot that found ways to shoehorn a dozen different villains into it. Could it be more? Sure. But does the game hinge on that? No. The robot fight sequence was larger in scope than I remember seeing in any previous game, so there's some potential for it to kick ass in new ways.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 12:10 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

i though Web of Shadows had a pretty good story *shrug* or at least closer to how a story could play out with a decent spidey writer.

Especially since it managed to involve with various other new york based heroes like an actual event would.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 01:29 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

WoS was the only one I didn't play. The stories were all forgettable in the others (1, 2, and 3 which loosely followed the movies, and "Ultimate"). All were good though, 2 being the pinnacle.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 02:13 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

. Flawed and sloppy as it was, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction was the same way and was a riot. .

Shut.The.****.up.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 02:37 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote