KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Last of Us

The Last of Us
Started by: srankmissingnin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

The Last of Us

(please log in to view the image)

The Last of Us is a new PS3 exclusive from Naughty Dog, the development house behind the Uncharted games. We got two viral videos earlier this week, the one with the riot footage and voice over, and the cordyceps ant footage, then last night the first teaser trailer at the VGA. I was pretty surprised to find it was a -presumably - survival horror game being developed from Naughty Dog! They are a small studio, I didn't think they had enough people to split into two teams and develop two different games concurrently. Pleasant surprise though. No real indication on how it will play in the trailer, but I'm assuming it will be a third person game that plays similar to Uncharted. I'm pretty pumped, there has been a lack of survival horror games this gen, and other than Deadspace 1 and 2 they have been pretty terrible. Naughty Dog is a studio of the highest pedigree so I am expecting big things from this game. They announced Uncharted 3 at last years VGAs and we got a November release, hopefully we are looking at a similar launch window because I don't want to wait too long to learn more about the game.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1214496p1.html

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 09:28 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

well thank goodness it didn't turn out to be half life 3 sony exclusive it was rumoured to be.

'whew'

it's dead island meets i am legend.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 11:02 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I thought it looked like a rip off-combination of 28 Days Later and The Road.

Anyways, the original trailer didn't impress me. Showing random 9/11 footage is just a lazy way of getting attention these days.

The trailer that premiered last night looks interesting enough.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 01:19 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I was thinking it looks like The Road mixed I am Legend. lol

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 02:28 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I can definitely see the 28 Days Later inspiration there. From the type of zombies to the camera work.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 02:33 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Re: The Last of Us

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
[B][there has been a lack of survival horror games this gen, and other than Deadspace 1 and 2 they have been pretty terrible.

Wow.....

you've got bad taste.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 05:40 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Meh.

Zombies.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 05:43 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Wow.....

you've got bad taste.

This. Loved them both.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 05:50 AM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And a lack of survival horror.....lol

theres been plenty its just been fused with Action.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 05:57 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Can anyone confirm please:

Is that Ellen Page?, as soon as I saw her I thought: is that Juno? the voice seems similar, but I can't find confirmation

anyways:

F*** yeah! I immediately thought of I Am Legend (no Dead Island or 28 days Later, cuz there are no proper zombies, just infected people)
another comparison: Enslaved+Resident Evil

Coming from Naughty Dog this got GOTY candidate all over it... though I guess we should wait for gameplay

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on Dec 12th, 2011 at 06:14 AM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 06:02 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Meh.

Zombies.

My thoughts exactly...

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 06:03 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

L4D was 360 only, if I recall, right? Could this be a similar game for the PS3, perhaps? The video kind of makes me wish I had a PS3, but if it is like L4D, I won't have a problem passing it up.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 06:11 AM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I don't know how the video is making everyone wish they had a PS3.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 06:12 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

L4D was also for PC.

Don't know either from the very liitle we see it looks like another generic zombie game to me.

Last edited by ares834 on Dec 12th, 2011 at 06:16 AM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 06:13 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Re: Re: The Last of Us

Originally posted by Kazenji
Wow.....

you've got bad taste.

So you are aware that what I said was: "and other than Deadspace 1 and 2 they have been pretty terrible" Meaning Deadspace 1 and 2 are the exception. Meaning the Deadspace games are good. Reading comprehension.

Last edited by srankmissingnin on Dec 12th, 2011 at 06:44 AM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 06:37 AM
General G
Canadian.

So far, I'm the only one who has said such a thing lol It's wrong of me, I know, but I get really excited over little cinematic trailers like that, even if they show sh!t all when it comes to gameplay.

But like I said, if it is like L4D I won't even look at it anymore. Don't get me wrong, though, I may really like trailers like that, but they are obviously not enough to get me to get the game, let alone an entirely new system.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 06:38 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Re: Re: Re: The Last of Us

So you are aware that what I said was: "and other than Deadspace 1 and 2 they have been pretty terrible" Meaning Deadspace 1 and 2 are the exception. Meaning the Deadspace games are good. Reading comprehension.

Righto then.....go eat your cake.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 06:39 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by General G
So far, I'm the only one who has said such a thing lol It's wrong of me, I know, but I get really excited over little cinematic trailers like that, even if they show sh!t all when it comes to gameplay.

But like I said, if it is like L4D I won't even look at it anymore. Don't get me wrong, though, I may really like trailers like that, but they are obviously not enough to get me to get the game, let alone an entirely new system.

I didn't say it because of you. Its just people's reaction to the game. The most liked comment on the youtube is how someone wished he had a PS3 instead of an xbox 360 because of the game and I saw a couple of threads about the same topic on GameFAQS

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 06:45 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

The only good Survival Horror games this gen are Alan Wake and the Deadspace games. Other than that there has been a bad Silent Hill game, and terrible Alone in the Dark game, Condemned 1 and 2 which were mediocre and a psn Siren game that was alright. Resident Evil 5 isn't a survival horror game, there is no horror in it what so ever, it's just a generic 3rd person shooter.

General G
Canadian.

(please log in to view the image)

My bad.

Made by Tiffy!

Last edited by General G on Dec 12th, 2011 at 06:48 AM