KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Most Badass Female Game Character

The Most Badass Female Game Character
Started by: EvilAngel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EvilAngel
Over the hills

The Most Badass Female Game Character

I searched for this thread but amazingly I could not find anything. Anyway if it turns out there was one… well sorry I guess, but I really couldn’t find it.

The thread idea came from the Tifa thread in the respect section with the title of “Ultimate video game babe” which in my opinion is so not true… Anyway, who (in your opinion) is the most badass female game character in video game history?

It’s really a personal choice for what defines badass. Some might just go on attitude, others appearance or a mixture of both and whatever it’s all good. When I’m talking about badass characters I mean the whole package, looks, attitude, actions etc. If possible that’s what I want you all to consider when thinking about your choice(s).

For me, it’s Kerrigan from the stacraft games (*points to shiny new Avatar+Sig*). There’s no one for me who even comes close to her. She has some of my favourite lines in any game:
You’re mine now. Serve me unquestioningly and I’ll let you live.
At this point, I'm pretty much the Queen B*tch of the Universe. And not all of your little soldiers or space ships will stand in my way again.
Beyond that she’s fierce, remarkably powerful, highly intelligent and manipulative. It helps that her character has had a lot of work put into it by blizzard of course, it’s probably why she’s a straight-up cool as she is.

Anyway who are yours? The more details the better!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2011 10:11 PM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Alexia Ashford

Anyone who can backslap Wesker and make him run for his money is a badass in my book.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2011 10:18 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

(please log in to view the image)

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 18th, 2011 10:44 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Femshep.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2011 10:56 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stargun

Old Post Dec 18th, 2011 11:04 PM
stargun is currently offline Click here to Send stargun a Private Message Find more posts by stargun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Alma - Ninja Gaiden

Old Post Dec 18th, 2011 11:24 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Samus Aran.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 18th, 2011 11:30 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

I know she's technically not female but...

Aigis:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Beating up Death, weakened as he was is pretty fricking bawss.

So is telling Yukari to shut her ***** mouth.

Howdy!

Old Post Dec 19th, 2011 12:03 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Kerrigan is the Queen ***** of the badass video game character universe.

That being said, she lost massive badass points in Wings of Liberty. Hopefully, she'll regain some o' dat magic in HotS.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 19th, 2011 01:54 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Eh, When I said

"Anyway who are yours? The more details the better!"

Names alone and in one instance, just a picture.... it's not really what I had in mind... know what I mean? =s

Not feelin' the love you have for these characters when all you can be bothered to say is their name =p

Old Post Dec 19th, 2011 02:21 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I figured Samus needed no explanation.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2011 02:44 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Well Femshep is voiced by Jennifer Hale, so theres mad RESPECT points right there. She's also pretty much the Captain Kirk of the Mass Effect verse, able to stare down incredibly powerful super-computers and make them blink before her and then scoring with alien hotties.

Theres a reason Shepard is the first human Spectre. The list of times Shepard kicks ass is way too long. Head-butting a Krogan is up there though. Even though she's human and female, Femshep has more balls than most Krogan. That has to count for something.

Also Manshep sucks dick. So theres that too.

Last edited by Nephthys on Dec 19th, 2011 at 02:51 AM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2011 02:47 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I figured Samus needed no explanation.

Maybe that's true. But when several others are taking the same approach it kinda takes the edge off =p

Old Post Dec 19th, 2011 02:54 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Alyx Vance.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2011 02:57 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Why? She did nothing of actual note in the story besides need Freeman to save her.

Also, Samus can't be the most badass female, due to her portrayal in Other M. Come at me.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 19th, 2011 03:09 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Why? She did nothing of actual note in the story besides need Freeman to save her.

Save Freeman at the beginning by kicking the shit out of those Civil Protection officers?

I dunno.

Howdy!

Old Post Dec 19th, 2011 03:22 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Anything else?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2011 03:22 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Also, Samus can't be the most badass female, due to her portrayal in Other M. Come at me.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2011 03:23 AM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Anything else?

I dunno, I don't really care about Alyx, just pointed out your statement about her doing nothing was wrong, and felt it my duty to inform you on the contrary.

Howdy!

Old Post Dec 19th, 2011 03:25 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

No sorry, saving him once doesn't count as doing anything of note.

By horribad logic like that, one could argue that Jar Jar Binks has actually done things of note in the movies.

He hasn't.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2011 03:26 AM