KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Toughest Video Game Bosses

Toughest Video Game Bosses
Started by: Ban Mido

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

Toughest Video Game Bosses

I'm shocked there isn't a topic like this already haha but like the title says, which bosses frustrated you the most or took the longest to overcome, those bosses that it feels as if you tried every trick in the book but you just can't best them. Where you have to put the controller down and just think to yourself "Is this for real?".

We've all encountered one or two like that (if not more haha) so which ones really grinded your gears and put your skills to the test?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2012 05:14 PM
Yamcha is currently offline Click here to Send Yamcha a Private Message Find more posts by Yamcha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cyner
Too little too late

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2012 06:42 PM
Cyner is currently offline Click here to Send Cyner a Private Message Find more posts by Cyner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I've played games where I have the reaction the OP describes, not so sure about individual bosses though. Obligatory Tyson remark is probably appropriate though. Don't think I ever took down Iron Mike.

Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned rat was one of those games that felt like a constant boss fight. An RTS where you had a set number of units, and carried them from battle to battle. If you won a battle but barely lived through it, you got eviscerated in the next one (and they made each battle tough to even win). So each battle had to be perfect to even have a chance at continuing. Of course, new units and upgrades came along at predetermined times, but you were locked with what they gave you, you couldn't really "build" more like many RTS's.

I never finished it.

Last edited by Digi on Jan 3rd, 2012 at 07:33 PM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2012 07:29 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Nyx Avatar gains control of Yukari

Yukari casts Diarahan on Nyx Avatar...

Howdy!

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2012 08:47 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Sephiroth the 2nd time around in Kingdom Hearts.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2012 09:21 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Seph in Kingdom Hearts 1. Still never defeated him.

God Hand has quite a few tough bosses. The twins kicked my arse a lot, and even relatively easier bosses like Gorilla Mask and the Super Midget Sentai Force took some effort.

And of course, Mike Tyson was hard as hell, but I did eventually defeat him. Even ran through the game in one sitting, including taking him down.

I lost my edge in my old age though, as now I can't even get past Ivan Drunkowski. big grin

The final boss in Double Dragon 3 was also especially difficult, and I'm proud to say I eventually beat her multiple times.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2012 11:02 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Mike Tyson and Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts? Pft.

Now, Old King Allant from Demon's Souls was the most challenging boss I have fought in a while, is probably my most memorable recent example.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2012 11:42 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Nyx Avatar gains control of Yukari

Yukari casts Diarahan on Nyx Avatar...

Nyx is actually pretty easy if you spend about 10-20 minutes in Monad before fighting him. I was overlevelled so the fight was mainly just really long.

That said, Matador from Nocturne. **** Matador. I hear Thor is also really goddamn hard, but I stopped playing at that point. Also that ******* Heat. I had to grind like hell to get the right skills to beat that bastard.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 12:49 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by Nephthys
Nyx is actually pretty easy if you spend about 10-20 minutes in Monad before fighting him. I was overlevelled so the fight was mainly just really long.

Real men don't cheat.

Howdy!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 12:51 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Monad isn't cheating, its just a bonus dungeon. ¬_¬

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 12:52 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

REAL MEN FIGHT NYX AT LEVEL 70

ON HARD

Howdy!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 12:53 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The final boss for Shinobi PS2.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 12:54 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
REAL MEN FIGHT NYX AT LEVEL 70

ON HARD

Said real men are morons who artificially cripple themselves by not taking oppotunities that present themselves. I'm not going easy on the AI just to make the game more frustrating.

The fight already takes 45 ****ing minutes. **** that noise.

Also Death is way harder.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jan 4th, 2012 at 01:03 AM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 12:59 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Hardest bosses. The Forgotten One, Shinryu, Omega, Brachioraidos, Death, Phantoon, Rugal Bernstein, Geese Howard all come to mind.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 01:02 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Said real men are morons who artificially cripple themselves by not taking oppotunities that present themselves. I'm not going easy on the AI just to make the game more frustrating.

The fight already takes 45 ****ing minutes. **** that noise.

Also Death is way harder.

Real men appreciate the challenge Nyx is supposed to represent.

Also, should just say Shao ****ing Khan from Mortal Kombat 9 nearly made me give up on completing the story mode.

Howdy!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 01:06 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Basically this page imo. I like how Nocturne has nine bosses on the list.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 01:12 AM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Oh

Elizabeth.

Yeah, she's way worse then Nyx.

Howdy!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 01:14 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I can't believe I forgot her. If she wasn't so absolutely adorable she'd be a complete *****.

I still think Nocturnes bosses are harder though.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 01:23 AM
FinalAnswer
Flower

I still think Nocturnes bosses are harder though.

How is that even possible?

Howdy!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 01:32 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I actually managed to beat Elizabeth.

Nocturne beat me. sad

(Both times on Normal. **** Hard.)

Elizabeth isn't that bad if you abuse Lucifer's brokeness and pump up his stats in the mall. By the end I had 99 strength and magic.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 01:40 AM