KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Assassin's Creed III

Assassin's Creed III
Started by: Peach

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

Assassin's Creed III

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...lease-date.aspx

quote:
Ubisoft today confirmed when it will release Assassin's Creed III this fall.

The game will arrive on October 30, 2012, the publisher said. No other details were announced.

"We will push the title a lot because it's a fantastic product that the team has been working for three years," said CEO Yves Guillemot. "What we have seen is just fabulous."

Ubisoft also said it shipped 7 million copies of Assassin's Creed Revelations so far through December 2011.

YES.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 06:05 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Pleasant surprise to be getting it a couple weeks early!

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 06:14 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Jesus, I need to catch up with my video gaming. I still don't have Revelations.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 06:15 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
Jesus, I need to catch up with my video gaming. I still don't have Revelations.

It's a good game but doesn't really add anything to the AC series.

Well then, I wonder who will be the next person we play with. To be honest I actually think it'd make sense to play with desmond even if he is boring as all get out.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 09:25 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

It makes some decisions easier for me though. I'm going to forgo multiplayer entirely in AC:R and wait for ACIII. I will play through the campaign of ACR though.

They've said earlier that ACIII should bring about the closure of Desmond's arc. It was dev. talk from before ACR's release, so take it with a grain of salt. But that's probably where it's headed. They've also stated that they want to slow production time on the games after ACIII, which suggests it's a ending point in the story.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 09:45 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

They should slow production on this series. The 4th game was stale.
I'm going to wait this one out until it gets super cheap.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 12:47 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Well they had to have it out this year, as this game takes place near December 2012.

And contrary to popular opinion, I do enjoy Desmonds character and his story, so I hope a lot more of this game revolve around him.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 03:29 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Smasandian
They should slow production on this series. The 4th game was stale.
I'm going to wait this one out until it gets super cheap.

Yep, this series is turning into another Call of Duty.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 09:38 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The thing is that the second game is such a great game. Revelations, while fun for a bit became incredibly stale after awhile.

Basically, I rather have another great game like the second one that takes a few years to make instead of a game that needs to be released because the story says it does.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 03:09 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

As far as I can tell they do spend sufficient time on the main entries of the series (apparently ACIII has been in the works for three years now), and Revelations seem like it can be skipped when it comes to overall story progression.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 08:02 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Maybe it has, I wouldn't know but the last two games were very similar to the second. They added stuff to the SP but it was just filler to me and in it didn't really make an impact.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 01:11 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Well Brotherhood was kind of needed to wrap up Ezio's revenge story but yeah Revalations could be skipped in the overall series.

I would've much rather waited until ACIII was announced then spend money on Revelations but curiosity got the better of me.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 03:13 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

http://kotaku.com/5889489/is-this-t...ssins-creed-iii

Honestly? It's likely true, and...I'm not that happy with it.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2012 04:40 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Just going off the picture and concept, I think it could be pretty cool, although a little different then the other games.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Mar 1st, 2012 05:22 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I must also catch up. However, the new game art looks promising.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2012 06:52 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Peach
http://kotaku.com/5889489/is-this-t...ssins-creed-iii

Honestly? It's likely true, and...I'm not that happy with it.

I was honestly hoping the game would take place in Germany during WWII or something. American Revolution? That can work...I guess. Not too happy with the concept myself either and not just because I can't fight any Nazi Templars.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2012 06:53 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Well the concept art kind of confuses me on some parts. I mean if it's really leading up to that then that could make Desmond's origin's really confusing.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2012 07:06 AM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Nemesis X
I was honestly hoping the game would take place in Germany during WWII or something. American Revolution? That can work...I guess. Not too happy with the concept myself either and not just because I can't fight any Nazi Templars.

Why would they do WWII? They've stated before they were avoiding times that have been used frequently in games, and WWII is about the most cliche game setting you can get now.

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Well the concept art kind of confuses me on some parts. I mean if it's really leading up to that then that could make Desmond's origin's really confusing.

Ehhh, maybe, but no more than anything else, really. We know next to nothing so far, and there's no reason why descendents of new ancestor or Ezio or Altair couldn't have met and had a child. Desmond's going to have lots of ancestors, after all, not just the small handful featured in the games stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 1st, 2012 07:13 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka

Go back 100 years and you have 8 ancestors. Another 100 years, it's 64. Really, ancestors are an easy thing to retroactively add, and out of 64 lines by the time of AC3, three is a miniscule number, and it's not really that confusing.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2012 07:17 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

American Revolution? Don't really know how I feel about that, but it's been a while since I played the games, so I have catching up to do.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2012 07:21 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote