KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » SSX (2012)

SSX (2012)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Cool SSX (2012)

(please log in to view the image)

I'm surprised no one made a thread for this game yet. The demo is damn fun, and I've already got it preordered. The soundrack on it is great, and the way the phase it in and out while your going down slopes helps you into some great rushes. There are ten unique mountain ranges to go down and each one has at least three mountains to explore. The gameplay is like any other basic snowboarding game except sped up exceptionally and you get to defy the laws of physics all the time. Has anyone else given this game a try yet?

IGN Review

Trailer

Gameplay

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Feb 26th, 2012 at 05:57 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2012 05:52 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

May actually get this for the nostalgia.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Feb 26th, 2012 06:01 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Would be all over this if I were still in college.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2012 06:12 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

So far, this games been looking almost perfect. I've been playing the hell out of the demo. The one thing that really bums me out above all else is that there is no split screen in this game. Our current consoles cant render the mountains for two people. Oh well, maybe it will happen when SSX-2 comes out on the 720 in five more years. That's something to definitely look forward to.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 26th, 2012 06:51 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
(please log in to view the image)

I'm surprised no one made a thread for this game yet. The demo is damn fun, and I've already got it preordered. The soundrack on it is great, and the way the phase it in and out while your going down slopes helps you into some great rushes. There are ten unique mountain ranges to go down and each one has at least three mountains to explore. The gameplay is like any other basic snowboarding game except sped up exceptionally and you get to defy the laws of physics all the time. Has anyone else given this game a try yet?

IGN Review

Trailer

Gameplay

Haven't really played the SSX series, but the demo was the shit.
I'm definitely getting the game.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Feb 26th, 2012 09:08 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Haven't really played the SSX series, but the demo was the shit.
I'm definitely getting the game.

Methinks you should've at least played one of the SSX games from the Gamecube/PS2 era. stick out tongue Ah well, this looks like it'll be an interesting blast from the past regardless, even though I didn't play like SSX Tricky all that much back in the day. Will try out the demo for this prolly tomorrow.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2012 12:08 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Sampled one game, but didn't really play a lot of it. stick out tongue
So yeah, can't say if it will be as good as some of those games were, but I still liked the demo a lot.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Feb 27th, 2012 02:03 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I've anxiously awaited this game ever since hints were dropped about it years ago.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2012 11:55 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

And to think, I'll have it in 12 hours. I'm too stoked for this game.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 04:46 AM