KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Crysis 3

Crysis 3
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Crysis 3

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/16/c...announced-2013/

quote:
Originally posted by Alexander Sliwinski on April 16th

Electronic Arts announced this morning that Crysis 3, which leaked into existence last week on the publisher's Origin service, will arrive in the spring of 2013. The "sandbox shooter" will be set in 2047, inside a rainforest created by New York City being under a dome. This "Liberty Dome" will have "seven distinct and treacherous environments." The narrative will feature your standard revenge scenario with corporate conspiracy and back-stabbing going on.

In case you can't resist a company earning interest on your money for a year, Crysis 3 is available now for pre-order. The Crysis 3 Hunter Edition includes the Hunter Nanosuit module and a bonus XP boost up to level 5 in the game's multiplayer -- that we know nothing about. It's available on Origin.com and participating retailers (which have other varied bonuses) for $59.99. Think of it as corporate Kickstarter.

Is it just me or is this game giving off Turok vibes?

Last edited by Nemesis X on Apr 21st, 2012 at 06:12 AM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 06:08 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Looking forward to it.

I loved the last three games. I don't know why I wouldn't like this one as well.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2012 02:00 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greysen93

I think it looks pretty good. I haven't played 1, but I played 2 and liked it quite a bit. They came out with a short gameplay trailer yesterday, it looks pretty intense.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 02:28 PM
Greysen93 is currently offline Click here to Send Greysen93 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysen93 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'd rather see Timesplitters 4 then this game since Crytek UK is in charge of dev.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2012 01:51 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 08:54 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Looks boring, honestly. Also, I'm not a fan of the bow that they're trying to useto promote the game. This is a SCI-FI game set in a world with giant guns and alien mecha. There is no place for a bow in such a world.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 04:50 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

They are probably trying to appeal to the Hunger Games crowd.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 06:03 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think it's cool.

Nice to use something other than a high powered rifle.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 11:58 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

That's essentially what it'll be, though.

Basically a bolt-lock sniper rifle that is used for "stealthy kills" from a distance, ala Turock. Low firing rate, long reload animation high damage, probably a one-shot kill for headshots...

I think I've just played too many shooters. I've seen it all.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 30th, 2012 12:20 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Probably.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2012 01:38 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Enjoyed both games very much. Looks like they're trying to create a happy medium between the freedom of the first game and the high intensity action of the second. Can't wait.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 10:25 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Me neither.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 10:20 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2012 11:07 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I always loved Crytek games. Probably love this one as well.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2012 11:27 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Hopefully the MP is better in this one. Say what you want about Crysis 2's multiplayer- there's a reason why absolutely no one played it after six months.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2012 01:36 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I could care less. It's all about SP for me.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2012 08:20 PM
BackFire

Same.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2012 08:36 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Agreed.

Until I beat the SP. Which is probably going to only be about 10 hours long- if the last game is any indication.

At which point, I would like for the MP to not be garbage, as no video game with only ten hours of gameplay in it is worth 60 dollars, regardless of the quality of those 10 hours.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2012 07:19 AM
BackFire

Don't agree with that at all.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2012 09:45 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

You think that a 10 hour game can be worth 60 dollars if the 10 hours is exceptional?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2012 09:56 AM