KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/05/0...-reveal-trailer

There's the trailer. That actually looks somewhat enjoyable. Future Warfare was a great decision. Hopefully it doesn't suck like MW3 and BO2.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on May 2nd, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 12:29 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

I'm getting this for Nazi Zombies and nothing else.

Howdy!

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 01:04 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FinalAnswer

Same.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 01:09 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by FinalAnswer

Is it even worth getting for anything else?

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 01:25 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I am dreading work tomorrow because of this.

Also, wtf is with the horseback riding? So out of place.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 01:29 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

If I didn't know that was a CoD trailer, I would've mistaken that game for either MGS, Syndicate, or Ghost Recon FS.

Horseback riding? In a CoD game? Does not compute.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 01:59 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Skipping this one. Trailer did nothing for me.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 03:56 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Peach
I am dreading work tomorrow because of this.

Also, wtf is with the horseback riding? So out of place.

This (if I worked at Gamestop, of course).

Talked to my Gamestop buddy, today, and apparently, the rabid consumption of these types of games are pushing aside better games and/or diminishing diversity in video games. When will this fad stop?

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 04:28 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Jesus Activision, Hurry up and run this shit into the ground like EA did Rock Band (EDIT: and I guess even more aptly how Activision themselves ran Guitar Hero into the ground lol) already so we don't need to see this trash anymore for a few years. The Fast and the Furious of video games... what an embarrassment.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Last edited by srankmissingnin on May 2nd, 2012 at 04:46 AM

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 04:40 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by dadudemon

Talked to my Gamestop buddy, today, and apparently, the rabid consumption of these types of games are pushing aside better games and/or diminishing diversity in video games. When will this fad stop?

When every subsequent Call of Duty game stops breaking video game sales records.

It'll end eventually, over-saturation is happening, it's only a matter of time before the genre implodes like with what happened with the Guitar Hero games.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 10:24 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I'll probably rent it, beat the single player and give mp a chance before I determine if it's a buy.

As for the horse scene. They were in a desert, possibly a tech free zone and needed some way to get around.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 11:39 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by dadudemon

Originally posted by BackFire
When every subsequent Call of Duty game stops breaking video game sales records.

It'll end eventually, over-saturation is happening, it's only a matter of time before the genre implodes like with what happened with the Guitar Hero games.

It's starting to happen already, thankfully. Like MW3 broke records upon release, but long-term sales haven't been great. I'll be glad when the day comes where shooters no longer hold the market like this.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 01:34 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

now now...I don't want the FPS genre to implode...just CoD.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 04:46 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

The shooting genre in general will never die out, imo. The concept of it as a sport is too appealing to people's sense of competition. As far as video games are concerned, there is no other genre that requires such a conglomeration of hand-eye coordination, reflexes, tactics and teamwork to be exemplary at. At the exact same time, it's easy to watch and simple to understand, at least on a basic level. The same isn't true for RTS's and games like WoW.

Point being, I don't see shooters in general becoming less popular any more than a sport like soccer would become less popular. I do see individual game franchises becoming less popular, though. Halo and CoD are being run into the ground.

edit- Anyway, this game looks silly as hell. I'm not interested in the campaign that much, but I'll get it if the MP is good. Black Ops' MP was slow and boring but fair. Modern Warfare's MP has been hectic and fun but retardedly imbalanced. One of the developers needs to make a balance,

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on May 2nd, 2012 at 05:22 PM

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 05:12 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I at least like the fact that they are trying to do something different with the SP whether it's good or not remains to be seen.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 10:22 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

COD 4.5.

No thanks.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 10:56 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Shooters aren't going anywhere. Only reason I still play Black OPS is cos I can veg out on the couch and knock out 5-10 rounds of multi-player if I'm bored; then troll people via voice-chat or PM if they did better than me, which is 99% of the players.

I highly doubt I'll get this game, most likely going over to Ghost Recon end of this month.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on May 2nd, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 11:46 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Robtard
Shooters aren't going anywhere. Only reason I still play Black OPS is cos I can veg out on the couch and knock out 5-10 rounds of multi-player if I'm bored; then troll people via voice-chat or PM if they did better than me, which is 99% of the players.

I highly doubt I'll get this game, most likely going over to Ghost Recon end of this month.

Do you send death threats to players who kill you?

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 11:51 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Smasandian
I at least like the fact that they are trying to do something different with the SP whether it's good or not remains to be seen.

Agreed. COD is in dire need of almost any kind of innovation.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 11:54 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Do you send death threats to players who kill you?

No, I'm never the eTough type. I just troll.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 3rd, 2012 12:04 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote