KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Worst Video Game Endings

Worst Video Game Endings
Started by: AsbestosFlaygon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Worst Video Game Endings

In recent memory, it has to be Mass Effect 3.

The ending BLOWS. It sucks. Period.
No amount of explanation from BioWare will change that fact.

What video game endings did you RAAAAGGGEEE on?

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post May 18th, 2012 02:19 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Gears of War 3's was a bit disappointing, from recent memory. Crisis 2s ending sucked. Stacraft 2's ending sucked.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 18th, 2012 03:59 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Diable 1 and All the fables's endings.

Old Post May 18th, 2012 05:18 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Phanteros
Diable 1

Why?

Howdy!

Old Post May 18th, 2012 05:25 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Why?
My memory is a little sketchy but Tristram shoving the gem in his head didn't make much sense to me.

Old Post May 18th, 2012 05:31 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

The Dark Wanderer (The town's name is Tristram, not his) did it in order to subdue Diablo.

And it's implied Diablo manipulated/mind****ed him into doing it.

Howdy!

Old Post May 18th, 2012 05:42 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Finally Fantasy 10.

The ending of Mass Effect 3 was one of the things I hated least about that game. That thing is a mass.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 18th, 2012 05:56 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I felt Bioshock's ending was pretty bad. It didn't belong and felt like it was just tacked on.

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
The ending of Mass Effect 3 was one of the things I hated least about that game. That thing is a mass.

To each their own I guess. I felt it was a masterpiece.

Old Post May 18th, 2012 10:24 PM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by ares834
I felt Bioshock's ending was pretty bad. It didn't belong and felt like it was just tacked on.

Which one? Cuz there's 3 different endings with one being the same as the other but different tone of voice...

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Last edited by steverules_2 on May 18th, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Old Post May 18th, 2012 11:20 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by steverules_2
Which one? Cuz there's 3 different endings with one being the same as the other but different tone of voice...

I wasn't so much talking about the very ending but rather the boss battle with Fontaine.

Old Post May 19th, 2012 12:24 AM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I felt it was a masterpiece.

I guess you don't play a lot of RPGs.

Old Post May 19th, 2012 01:29 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

This is Mass Effect 3: Long unskipable opening. Short shooting moment. Walk in slow mo while you chase some stupid kind through the park in your mind. Meet up an old squad mate. They are on a suicide mission. Repeat the last three steps until you meat all the squadmates from Mass Effect 2. Oh no, it's a Deus Ex: Human Revolution ninja!!!! He kills the best character in the series. Play the rest of the game with the much inferior ME3 squad mates that you don't care about. Build resources. The Citadel is the catalyst? Why did the Reapers build the means to destroying themselves? Who cares. Fight the stupid Ninja forever... your powers don't work on him. Oh no the Reapers know the Citadel is the catalyst!!! Will they destroy it and remove the one method of beating them??? No... the moved it to a more convenient location for me to use it to kill them while protecting earth. Thanks! Head to earth. Waste time trying to get an army to the beam when like every other time in the game that will fail and I'll have to do everything on my own. Why didn't I just sneak towards the damn thing to begin with? Oh here is a ****ing lovely part! You get blown up and now you have to try to get to the beam in slow mo, while your aim shakes all over the damn place and you can't take more than a two hits... have fun if you are playing on Insanity, because you are going to die. A lot. You did it! You made it to the Citadel. The Illusive Man is brain washed. Shocker!!! Kill the Illusive Man. The Catalyst looks like that stupid kid from the beginning. Pick one of three virtually identical endings. You did it Shepard! You saved everyone.

The only good parts of the game involved Mordin. It had to be him, anyone else might have gotten it wrong.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Last edited by srankmissingnin on May 19th, 2012 at 04:19 AM

Old Post May 19th, 2012 04:14 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

The only good parts of the game involved Mordin. It had to be him, anyone else might have gotten it wrong.

I don't care about the rest of your ranting, but the fact you did not include Grunt enrages and infuriates me.

Howdy!

Old Post May 19th, 2012 04:41 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
I don't care about the rest of your ranting, but the fact you did not include Grunt enrages and infuriates me.

I've seen Battleship Troopers. I don't need a rehash of that with a second rate Wrex. cool

Looking at your screen name, location, sig and title, I wonder where you weigh in on the ME3 topic? A real head scratcher!

Last edited by srankmissingnin on May 19th, 2012 at 04:48 AM

Old Post May 19th, 2012 04:46 AM
FinalAnswer
Flower

I've seen Battleship Troopers. I don't need a rehash of that with a second rate Wrex. cool

Looking at your screen name, location, sig and title, I wonder where you weigh in on the ME3 topic? A real head scratcher!

I thought the game, for the most part, was good. Could have been better, but I'm not that picky.

Everything when swiftly downhill after Shepard was hit by the laser though.

Howdy!

Old Post May 19th, 2012 04:57 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

But you agree Mordin was the best part? cool

I've actually been having a surprisingly good time with multilayer (and this is from someone who literally has never tried the multiplayer aspect of KZ2 or 3). I love crushing all the enemies with the Vanguard while hearing people ***** and moan on their mics that I'm not playing fair.

Old Post May 19th, 2012 04:59 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 19th, 2012 05:59 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Finally Fantasy 10.
(please log in to view the image)

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 19th, 2012 06:02 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
I guess you don't play a lot of RPGs.

I play plenty of RPGs and I felt Mass Effect was better than the rest of them.

I've actually been having a surprisingly good time with multilayer (and this is from someone who literally has never tried the multiplayer aspect of KZ2 or 3). I love crushing all the enemies with the Vanguard while hearing people ***** and moan on their mics that I'm not playing fair.

Do you just spam Charge and Nova?

Old Post May 19th, 2012 06:19 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I play plenty of RPGs and I felt Mass Effect was better than the rest of them.

Better than what RPGs?

Old Post May 19th, 2012 06:21 AM