KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Spec Ops: The Line

Spec Ops: The Line
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Spec Ops: The Line

Comes out this month

tried out the demo it very Gears of war like for the controls, You can alot more with the squad-based tacts which Gears 3 lightly touched on.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2012 03:14 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jun 17th, 2012 03:22 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yep... that's the demo that i played cept it didn't freeze.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jun 17th, 2012 at 03:34 AM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2012 03:23 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Played the demo. Not a day one purchase, but i'll give it a go when the price goes down...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 17th, 2012 06:44 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Yeah. This is getting the "70% off on Steam" treatment. It'll probably bomb too, so the wait won't be that long.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Jun 17th, 2012 at 06:50 AM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2012 06:48 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Yeah. This is getting the "70% off on Steam" treatment.

Must be only on the US steam server that sale

i liked the game going by the demo...but yeah i'm not hyped up to buy it day 1.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2012 08:11 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

You never had the crazy Steam sales like "70-80 percent off"?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2012 12:05 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Smasandian
You never had the crazy Steam sales like "70-80 percent off"?

I've checked.....This game has no Sale.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2012 06:25 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yet.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 18th, 2012 07:35 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think he meant that this game is a prime candidate for a 75% of sale.

In 4 months I say.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 12:03 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Not really seeing anything spectacular.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2012 11:47 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

From what i've gathered about this game they've marketed it wrong...It has a good story and there's also a message in it but its the gameplay itself that lets it down.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2012 12:44 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Got this game the other day. Honestly I'm very impressed. The gameplay is pretty standard, plays like Gears of War, though the gameplay isn't as tight.

The star here is the atmosphere and the extremely bleak story and mature tone in which that story is told. It actually is trying to make a comment about the horrors of war and the mentality it produces. There are some scenes of such extreme horror and brutality that it made me wince, which is not easy to do. There are also some branching paths in the narrative based on choices you can make at various points, and some of these made me feel legitimately guilty.

It's refreshing to see a game like this at least trying to tell a serious and complex story in the military shooter genre. I wish more people would buy games like this, so more would come out. The developers deserve to be rewarded for a narrative this fresh and powerful.

Granted this game probably isn't worth the full 60 dollar price, but now that it's down to around $30 I highly recommend it.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2012 11:06 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I have heard that very thing, regarding the storyline and atmosphere, on multiple occasions. I played the demo- the actual gameplay itself was so sloppy and "meh" I couldn't justify buying the game -but I feel a bit guilty about not playing it due to the high acclaim its stories gotten.

It's only thirty bucks on Steam. I might get it at some point.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 12th, 2012 11:17 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The multiplayer that this game has which i've tried out for a little while just seems tacked on. Can tell which part of the game the dev's concentrated more on.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2012 12:12 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Tzeentch._
I have heard that very thing, regarding the storyline and atmosphere, on multiple occasions. I played the demo- the actual gameplay itself was so sloppy and "meh" I couldn't justify buying the game -but I feel a bit guilty about not playing it due to the high acclaim its stories gotten.

It's only thirty bucks on Steam. I might get it at some point.

The gameplay really is not bad. Sure, it's not as tight as something like Gears of War or Call of Duty, but it doesn't feel any worse than Uncharted did, to me. There's some awkward things about the controls, but they're pretty easy to get used to.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2012 09:49 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I found the controls fine when I played the demo. This game is on my "will buy at a lower price" list. So should be soon enough.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 13th, 2012 01:45 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm waiting for the eventual Christmas sale on Steam. You know it's going to be 50 percent off, or even 66% or 75%.

The demo was pretty cool.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2012 04:12 AM