KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » I'm playing through Zelda ALTTP for the first time

I'm playing through Zelda ALTTP for the first time
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
OB1-adobe

I'm playing through Zelda ALTTP for the first time

I'm kinda on this big 16 bit trip/marathon right now.

I don't know what sparked my interest, it just did. I've been sort of collecting stuff off and on over the years. Downloading off the Virtual console, buying the Sonic's Ultimate Sega genesis collection, and buying cartridges

Oddly enough AVGN did a video retrospective on the 16 bit era debating on which was better: Sega genesis or Super Nintendo.
I watch a lot of his videos, they're very entertaining.
Here is the link:

http://cinemassacre.com/2012/08/17/...sis-full-video/

My vote is Snes. I find their games waaay more addicting

Anyway, one my goals is to finally play through Zelda a link to the past. I've had for years (1995 I think) but never finished it.

Should I feel like an idiot for having to watch walkthroughs on the internet? I always got stuck on Zelda games

I'm also planning and/or currently playing through:

Super Metroid
Sonic the hedgehog 1, 2, 3
Streets of Rage 1,2,3
Donkey Kong country 1,2,3
f-zero
mario kart
tmnt iv
alien 3
pilotwings
sim city
super mario world
shinobi 3
street fighter ii turbo
Mortal kombat 1,2,3

Old Post Aug 26th, 2012 04:39 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

You're going to have a blast.

AlttP is among my top 5 favorite games of all time.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 26th, 2012 08:56 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

ALTTP is timeless. Have fun.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 26th, 2012 08:58 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair
You're going to have a blast.

AlttP is among my top 5 favorite games of all time.
This. aLttP is epic as all hell.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2012 09:41 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: I'm playing through Zelda ALTTP for the first time

Originally posted by OB1-adobe
I'm kinda on this big 16 bit trip/marathon right now.

I don't know what sparked my interest, it just did. I've been sort of collecting stuff off and on over the years. Downloading off the Virtual console, buying the Sonic's Ultimate Sega genesis collection, and buying cartridges

Oddly enough AVGN did a video retrospective on the 16 bit era debating on which was better: Sega genesis or Super Nintendo.
I watch a lot of his videos, they're very entertaining.
Here is the link:

http://cinemassacre.com/2012/08/17/...sis-full-video/

My vote is Snes. I find their games waaay more addicting

Anyway, one my goals is to finally play through Zelda a link to the past. I've had for years (1995 I think) but never finished it.

Should I feel like an idiot for having to watch walkthroughs on the internet? I always got stuck on Zelda games

I'm also planning and/or currently playing through:

Super Metroid
Sonic the hedgehog 1, 2, 3
Streets of Rage 1,2,3
Donkey Kong country 1,2,3
f-zero
mario kart
tmnt iv
alien 3
pilotwings
sim city
super mario world
shinobi 3
street fighter ii turbo
Mortal kombat 1,2,3

All of those games are fun. I do not see any bad games on that list. The weakest, imo, is pilotwings but many people rabidly loved that game.

TMNT IV was very fun with 2 people. As a single player, not so much. So unless you play that with someone else, I don't recommend it.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2012 10:15 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Re: Re: I'm playing through Zelda ALTTP for the first time

Originally posted by dadudemon
All of those games are fun. I do not see any bad games on that list. The weakest, imo, is pilotwings but many people rabidly loved that game.

TMNT IV was very fun with 2 people. As a single player, not so much. So unless you play that with someone else, I don't recommend it.

I LOVE Pilotwings!

It blew my mind when I was 14. It was the closest I had gotten to 3d games. One of my favorites from the 16 bit days. It was so original and fun.

And yes I am enjoying Zelda very much

I'm about here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwxB...;feature=relmfu

I HATE that F'ing hand!!!!

Oh! there is some others I'm gonna play through as well.

Final Fantasy III (VI)
Chrono Trigger
Star Fox

the Maybe I'll play or even finish list:
Contra III
Super Star Wars trilogy
Indiana Jones Greatest adventures
Jurassic park (might be an all day thing since THERE IS NO DAMN SAVE FEATURE!!!!!!)

And a bunch of random stuff off of the sonic best of collection.

This is gonna take awhile, and who knows if I'll finish it with my personal life, and my demanding job, but I'm having a good time.

I've looking at some of the old game boxes I saved, and looking at some of my old issues of Gamepro magazine.

But the closer we get GTA V, that will probably pull my interest elsewhere.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2012 01:27 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Re: Re: Re: I'm playing through Zelda ALTTP for the first time

Jurassic park (might be an all day thing since THERE IS NO DAMN SAVE FEATURE!!!!!!)

Emulator

shifty

Old Post Aug 27th, 2012 06:57 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Aw, no Link's Awakening?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2012 10:20 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Could never beat Jurrasic Park. And...LOL the hand was evil as ****. Man I wanna play AlttP now.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2012 08:13 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Could never beat Jurrasic Park. And...LOL the hand was evil as ****. Man I wanna play AlttP now.

Jurassic park is one of those "it could've been"

it could've been a classic.

It has amazing production values and music for its time, but it has 3 major flaws

1. No save feature. Fix this, and problems 2 & 3 are alleviated somewhat.

2. What am I supposed to do and where am I supposed to go? It doesn't tell you. It just starts and off you go.

3. No in game map system. The game is basically Zelda/metal gear with dinosaurs. No in game map of the island telling you where major locations are. Th map in the instruction manual was a joke. There is no map for the building interiors. I had to get some off the internet that some poor soul actually made using microsoft paint. Bless his heart.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2012 01:51 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Jurassic park is one of those "it could've been"

it could've been a classic.

It has amazing production values and music for its time, but it has 3 major flaws

1. No save feature. Fix this, and problems 2 & 3 are alleviated somewhat.

2. What am I supposed to do and where am I supposed to go? It doesn't tell you. It just starts and off you go.

3. No in game map system. The game is basically Zelda/metal gear with dinosaurs. No in game map of the island telling you where major locations are. Th map in the instruction manual was a joke. There is no map for the building interiors. I had to get some off the internet that some poor soul actually made using microsoft paint. Bless his heart.

Agreed. I loved the game to death, but it annoyed me how you couldn't save and you just had no FKN idea where you were supposed to go.

Still I remember being legit scared at first the first time I saw the raptors in first person. Cool game and all...but meh. i might get an emu and play it someday...see if I can ever finish it. Will probably need a guide lol.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2012 06:18 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I would encourage getting a couple of copies of the GBA port and playing through the multiplayer with a friend a couple of times. The hurricane spin and scavenger hunt add new depth to the game and the Palace of the Four Sword will have you tearing your hair out. As for the other games, heh, good luck with the Lost World and Krematoa in the DKC games. Some of those levels make The Lost Levels seem easy.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2012 09:07 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote