KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Assassins Creed: Unity (Fall 2014)

Assassins Creed: Unity (Fall 2014)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

Assassins Creed: Unity (Fall 2014)

http://kotaku.com/leaked-images-rev...sins-1547111652

18th century Paris this time. Its going to take place during the French Revolution and center around a new assassin named Arno There is also apparently another assassins creed game coming out with this one this fall. They are just cranking them out now aren't they? Black Flag was my favorite in the series, but wow.

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)


__________________


PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Mar 20th, 2014 at 02:26 AM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2014 02:11 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States


__________________


PWNT

Old Post Mar 21st, 2014 05:27 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Gender: Male
Location: Midcyru

No white hood?

Also wonder what that Parkour up/down business is.


__________________

"Gonna need more chloroform..."



"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Mar 24th, 2014 07:43 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Its been theorized that it means you have much greater control on how to run. AC has the really annoying ability to not go somewhere where you want to go. Maybe the up/down stops that from happening.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2014 08:20 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

The one-a-year model made me jump ship on this series. I can't get excited about any new release at this point. Maybe I'll wait another year or two, read the wiki synopses of the games in between and just skip them, so it will finally feel like a new experience again instead of the same game with new skins and maps.


__________________

Old Post Mar 24th, 2014 09:15 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
...

Gender: Male
Location: Ireland.

Moderator

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
The one-a-year model made me jump ship on this series. I can't get excited about any new release at this point. Maybe I'll wait another year or two, read the wiki synopses of the games in between and just skip them, so it will finally feel like a new experience again instead of the same game with new skins and maps.


To be fair, the "one a year" isn't done by one studio. Look at 3 and 4, and how different they are in many ways.

This isn't like, Fifa or Madden, etc.


__________________

.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2014 10:16 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Well, let's be realistic. Even though 3 and 4 are different, the gameplay is very similar. It's just the subject matter.

I might miss this one. I have no interest in the time period. I want Japan!

Old Post Mar 25th, 2014 12:03 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
To be fair, the "one a year" isn't done by one studio. Look at 3 and 4, and how different they are in many ways.

This isn't like, Fifa or Madden, etc.


Fair enough. But I played all of them through 3, and a lot of them were just new skins and maps. I can't even remember the differences between the three games with Ezio. The series has been treading water since Brotherhood, imo, though I can't comment in-depth on 4.

Also, what Smas said. There's only so much I can do the same core gameplay.


__________________

Old Post Mar 26th, 2014 06:13 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Ubisoft has said that different teams are making the game but there is a core group that oversees the franchise. They make all the decisions.

So it is done by the same studio.

I really enjoyed 4 but I also have a soft spot for Sid Meiers Pirates and I got the same feeling when I was playing AC4. But it still follows the exact structure that all the other AC games do.

Like I said before, I want Japan! Ninjas! Samurais! Huge open field battles! Sign me up!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2014 06:19 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Ubisoft has said that different teams are making the game but there is a core group that oversees the franchise. They make all the decisions.

So it is done by the same studio.

I really enjoyed 4 but I also have a soft spot for Sid Meiers Pirates and I got the same feeling when I was playing AC4. But it still follows the exact structure that all the other AC games do.

Like I said before, I want Japan! Ninjas! Samurais! Huge open field battles! Sign me up!
Agreed with this. Pirates and Ninjas were the main two eras I wanted to explore. I got pirates, and that became my favorite AC game. Give me ninjas! Its the only way you'll compare!


__________________


PWNT

Old Post Mar 26th, 2014 06:31 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Between Realms

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
Fair enough. But I played all of them through 3, and a lot of them were just new skins and maps. I can't even remember the differences between the three games with Ezio. The series has been treading water since Brotherhood, imo, though I can't comment in-depth on 4.

Also, what Smas said. There's only so much I can do the same core gameplay.


You don't remember this????


__________________


"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 12:05 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Gender: Male
Location: The End

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
Fair enough. But I played all of them through 3, and a lot of them were just new skins and maps. I can't even remember the differences between the three games with Ezio. The series has been treading water since Brotherhood, imo, though I can't comment in-depth on 4.

Also, what Smas said. There's only so much I can do the same core gameplay.


Well it was a continuation in terms of the story instead of the gameplay. That said, Brotherhood wasn't that great. At least in terms of the Ezio storyline. It was pretty much just treading water, killing a new bunch of bad guys for contrived reasons while significant story elements happened to Desmond. But I thought Revelations was rather excellent on the Ezio (and Altiar) front, while Desmond was the guy just treading water. With some backstory thrown in to try to make him less dull.

It seems like the series is samey because of the one a year release schedule and the lack of real gameplay development. But I don't really think theres much need to change the gameplay unless theres a real change in setting. They keep trying to add new elements and mostly they just come off as innovation for innovations sake. The bombs and tower defense in Revelations for example. Theres so many weapons and gameplay features packed in now that its kind of absurd.


__________________

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 12:47 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Well it was a continuation in terms of the story instead of the gameplay. That said, Brotherhood wasn't that great. At least in terms of the Ezio storyline. It was pretty much just treading water, killing a new bunch of bad guys for contrived reasons while significant story elements happened to Desmond. But I thought Revelations was rather excellent on the Ezio (and Altiar) front, while Desmond was the guy just treading water. With some backstory thrown in to try to make him less dull.


Blasphemy mad

But nah, I really think Ubisoft need to stop making AC games for just a bit oh and as for innovative gameplay mechanics, maybe instead of giving us bombs and ships they can do something about there rather unimpressive stealth mechanic. C'mon if they could do it with Splinter Cell then they can improve AC's stealth too right.

As for this new AC game, I don't have a very good first impression of it. The whole thing literally screams "cash grab" and I've had one to many of those this year.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 05:03 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Yeah it does.

I wonder if this series would be as successful if it wasn't for the history.

They need to completely change it up. AC3 at least changed the setting but there hasn't been anything new since AC2. They need to gut it. They also need to stop putting so much useless gameplay mechanics in it. In AC4, there was so man collectibles that the parts that were fun (raiding plantations for ex.) were lost when there is a billion animus fragments laying around.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 12:56 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

F*ck collectibles, and achievements for that matter. The mentality that they've fostered in gamers - and thus games - is mind-numbing.

Do you want to experience a pulse-pounding action sequence? Really become invested in a character? No, I want to complete some arbitrary challenge so I can upload it to my Youtube channel.

roll eyes (sarcastic)


__________________

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 06:06 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Gender: Male
Location: Australia

"Shrugs"....i don't mind doing achievements for games but its more of an optional thing for me, Collectables are okay sometimes usually you unlock something in the game

but yeah its stupid how its become with some people nowadays, Those are more important then the game itself

even xboxachievements.com and their Playstation counterpart they even give them a rating when reviewing games erm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka

But nah, I really think Ubisoft need to stop making AC games for just a bit oh and as for innovative gameplay mechanics, maybe instead of giving us bombs and ships they can do something about there rather unimpressive stealth mechanic. C'mon if they could do it with Splinter Cell then they can improve AC's stealth too right.
.


as average as AC1 was even that had decent stealth mechanics.


__________________

Old Post Mar 28th, 2014 06:11 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
F*ck collectibles, and achievements for that matter. The mentality that they've fostered in gamers - and thus games - is mind-numbing.

Do you want to experience a pulse-pounding action sequence? Really become invested in a character? No, I want to complete some arbitrary challenge so I can upload it to my Youtube channel.

roll eyes (sarcastic)
Thats why you go achievement hunting AFTER you beat the game. Its a reason to go back to a game you really love after you finish it.

But yes, people who waste their first playthroughs for exactly what you described is something I'll never understand.


__________________


PWNT

Old Post Mar 28th, 2014 03:24 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Well, a lot of the upgrades are tied to collection quests thus why you would do them during your first play through. Or it's tied to some sort of storytelling, which for some people (like me) like to get the entire story without having the play the game again.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2014 03:49 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Gender: Male
Location: Australia

Well if you really liked the game then you would go ahead play the game again.


__________________

Old Post Mar 29th, 2014 05:04 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Gender: Male
Location: Canada

That's the wrong assumption to make.

I don't. Not because I didn't mind it but because there is a new AC game that gets released every year. Instead of replaying it, I would wait until the new gets released.

Also, not every game replays well.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2014 02:25 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 10:29 AM.
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Assassins Creed: Unity (Fall 2014)

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.