KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Started by: Zack Fair

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Halo: The Master Chief Collection has been revealed for Xbox One.

According to a report from Engadget, the Master Chief Collection will include remastered versions of Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4 and will be out this year.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection aims to refresh gamers' memories about Master Chief in advance of Halo 5: Guardians, which was announced today. As such, Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach won't be included.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05...source=facebook

GOD **** IT! I'm trading my PS4 for a One.

(please log in to view the image)

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 16th, 2014 10:03 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)
LOL. I love the internet.

Last edited by Zack Fair on May 16th, 2014 at 10:27 PM

Old Post May 16th, 2014 10:24 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

They still better make an HD version of Halo 2 for the 360. I already have Combat Evolved, Halo 3 and 4. Microsoft should've made the One backwards compatible for those. To say we have to rebuy them to play on a next gen console is a load of ass cock.

I was worried what Sony did with Tomb Raider and the Last of Us would set a dangerous precedent that can encourage other companies to rerelease the same games instead of just porting them and I was right.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on May 17th, 2014 at 01:35 AM

Old Post May 17th, 2014 01:20 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Next they will cut off live support for the 360 versions >:3

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post May 17th, 2014 01:37 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Some of these games are more than 10 years old though. We dont know the prices. We dont know the details. Still online multiplayer for Halo 2 is a must fkn have.

Old Post May 17th, 2014 08:06 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Glad as I am about kinectless xbones being a thing now as the next person and thus getting a One actually being within reason sometime in the future, I'm in no rush for doing so over a collection like this... I mean with all the other Halos I have or have had (pretty much all of them barring 2 and some of the side ones like Wars and ODST) I'd only be interested in an individual Halo 2 remaster like what Combat Evolved got in 2011 (especially if said remaster has Halo 2's online multiplayer as opposed to doing something lazy like how Combat Evolved Anniversary ported Reach's online). If we're not getting that then probably no dice from me.

And if MS is dick enough to like cut off live support for 360 versions of earlier Halos when this collection comes out so be it. I've still had my fair share of Halo for the time being and can wait however long for 5 if/whenever I do get a One.

Also, how quick some of us are to completely jumping ships. stick out tongue

Old Post May 17th, 2014 08:44 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Nemesis X
They still better make an HD version of Halo 2 for the 360. I already have Combat Evolved, Halo 3 and 4. Microsoft should've made the One backwards compatible for those. To say we have to rebuy them to play on a next gen console is a load of ass cock.

I was worried what Sony did with Tomb Raider and the Last of Us would set a dangerous precedent that can encourage other companies to rerelease the same games instead of just porting them and I was right.

Then don't buy it. I'm not sure how MS is making you buy this.

All companies do it. This practice is not new. Don't buy it because nobody is making you do it.

When I bought a PS3, I enjoyed having these collections (especially when they go on sale) because I could play games I didn't before.

Old Post May 17th, 2014 05:21 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Glad as I am about kinectless xbones being a thing now as the next person and thus getting a One actually being within reason sometime in the future, I'm in no rush for doing so over a collection like this... I mean with all the other Halos I have or have had (pretty much all of them barring 2 and some of the side ones like Wars and ODST) I'd only be interested in an individual Halo 2 remaster like what Combat Evolved got in 2011 (especially if said remaster has Halo 2's online multiplayer as opposed to doing something lazy like how Combat Evolved Anniversary ported Reach's online). If we're not getting that then probably no dice from me.

And if MS is dick enough to like cut off live support for 360 versions of earlier Halos when this collection comes out so be it. I've still had my fair share of Halo for the time being and can wait however long for 5 if/whenever I do get a One.

Also, how quick some of us are to completely jumping ships. stick out tongue
I'm a Halo lunatic my friend. Halo and MGS are the 2 franchises that manage to own and steal money from my wallet. Still I'm not gonna switch for this, but I must say this is a nice little addition. I'll switch to One when Halo 5 comes out. Unless Halo 2 has online multiplayer and it has remained untouched. That would just own me and make me buy one today.

Old Post May 17th, 2014 07:56 PM
ares834

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 11:29 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Looks great.

Also makes me sad. With the amount of production value they're putting into it, they might as well just make a whole new game. I think it'd be cool if they did what Capcom does with its RE spin-offs; have a game based around events we've already seen, but involving other characters who didn't have the spotlight previously.

In this case, I always felt like Miranda Keyes was an underutilized character, and while I don't advocate playing as her, I think it'd be pretty dope to play a character who coordinates with her to get shit done during the events of the war for Earth and the subsequent events the second Halo ring. Surely there must have been a ton of shit she was involved in while the Chief was doing his thang. Very similar to ODST in concept, but you know... an actual ****ing feature-length game, rather than a pseudo-expansion sold as a feature-length game.

So yeah. I'd honestly prefer that, at least for the SP, to just Halo 2 HD.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 01:11 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Overall agreed, I'd rather have a new game.

But there is appeal to playing Halo 1-2 again in a shiny new package.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 04:15 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Honestly, a new Halo wouldn't get me nearly as excited. I'm very nostalgic, so this game alone may convince me to buy a X-bone. A new Halo wouldn't do that.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 05:22 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

what a beta

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 07:23 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

thumb up

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 07:40 PM
ares834

Originally posted by Tzeentch
what a beta

says that man who squabbles over a woman's choice of shoes. wink

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 11:26 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Calm down. Not respecting a woman's right to wear what she wants is the most alpha thing there is, Ares.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 11:40 PM
ares834

Good point.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 11:55 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I will just go ahead and leave this here

So who else is getting a One this winter?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 11:57 PM
ares834

A few posts up. But yeah looks amazing.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 03:43 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Aye aye.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 07:50 AM