KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Battlefield: Hardline

Battlefield: Hardline
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Battlefield: Hardline

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05...attlelog-update

Looks like the new developers have completely left behind the numbering scheme. I'm going to miss DICE. I enjoyed the hell out of all their Battlefield games, and I still regularly play 4. I'm starting to creep up on level 100. F*cking awesome game.

Still, I'm excited to see what the new guys bring.

PWNT

Old Post May 27th, 2014 06:36 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Its cops vs robbers. They left behind the military/war theme for something fresh. I've also just realized it hasn't been a year since BF4 launched. Annual releases for BF could be bad.

To be honest, I hope its an expansion to BF4 like Vietnam for Bad Company 2. That would be ****ing awesome and would add a ton of content to BF4.

Or maybe it will be a free to play game. You can expect a ton of info at E3.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on May 28th, 2014 at 01:50 AM

Old Post May 28th, 2014 01:45 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Who knows. It might be for next year....I know EA has said they want to do a BF game every 2 years. I don't know if that constitutes as a pro-typical BF game or it's an offshoot.

It's probably an off shoot so it will probably be released November-ish.

I will be interested about the SP and if they try to do something different than copying CoD.

Old Post May 28th, 2014 01:31 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/de...a/1100-6426493/

quote:
Going from the original Dead Space to Hardline is quite the fall. Thanks for killing another dev EA

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 08:07 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think that's a ridiculous statement..

Visceral Games was created by EA. It wasn't a studio that they bought after the released a few good games. All games done by Visceral were under EA direction including Dead Space 1 and 2.

But then people are ****ing idiots and not realized that Visceral has created numerous games before Dead Space and metacritic scores for most of those games are in the mid 70's (aside from the awesome Bond: Everything or Nothing). You know what? Guess what the Metacritic scores for Dead Space 3 and Hardline were? Around the mid 70's!

So no, they didn't kill off the developer. One guy left and it might be a good thing.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 12:31 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I've been trying to force myself to like this game. After all, I sold BF4 to upgrade and buy this.

I played BF4 again for the first time in months at a buddy's house and realized how much better it still is. Man, hardline blows. The new heist, blood moner, and rescue modes are fun, but everything else is such a downgrade. Graphics are worse, game is more arcady, there is a serious lack of weapons and content, the maps are small, vehicles are weak and pointless (no more tanks), (etc....). I bet I could list out at least 30 ways this game is weaker than the prior entries.

Still, I bought it. Might was well stick it out like I always have for Battlefield. Maybe the DLC content will redeem it all.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 02:16 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I always felt it was more about the SP than the MP. But that was my take on it.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 03:12 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

That's unfortunate, since the consensus seems to be that the SP is dog-shit.

In any case, this is/was supposed to be a Call of Duty-esque spin-off of Battlefield, not the successor of the Battlefield franchise. So if you aren't a fan of CoD then this probably wouldn't appeal to you anyway.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 05:46 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

BF MP is balls.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 07:55 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

What aspects of the MP make it balls, my son?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 09:31 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch
That's unfortunate, since the consensus seems to be that the SP is dog-shit.

In any case, this is/was supposed to be a Call of Duty-esque spin-off of Battlefield, not the successor of the Battlefield franchise. So if you aren't a fan of CoD then this probably wouldn't appeal to you anyway.

Most reviews I have read thought the SP to be not that bad. I didn't see anything regarding "dogshit". I heard the same thing regarding both BF3/4 SP campaigns though.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 01:18 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Tzeentch
What aspects of the MP make it balls, my son?
Rampant chaos with 64 players and shitload of vehicles.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 04:20 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Being bad at the game doesn't make ital a bad game Zack. That's like me saying Halo is bad because your friends kick me out of the party everytime I try to join.

... sad

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 09:11 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 03:43 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Seriously though phuck you guys.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 05:16 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Rampant chaos with 64 players and shitload of vehicles.
That sounds like a lot of fun actually.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 04:22 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

That's what I meant by balls. lol.

Need to work on my slang.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 05:02 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

oh shit, seriously? lol

yeah... balls has a negative connotation over here.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 08:19 AM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Zack Fair
That's what I meant by balls. lol.

Need to work on my slang.
I got what you meant

These old @ss men are just stuck in the 70s or something

PWNT

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 01:43 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

hahaha. But seriously I love BF MP. Its so much fun. So much shit going on that people don't even *****/whine about weapon balance.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 07:07 PM