KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What type of games you can't get into?

What type of games you can't get into?
Started by: Zack Fair

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

What type of games you can't get into?

I like to think I have a wide taste and appreciation of genres. From fighters to RPGs, to the occasional indie game. Lately I find myself being the odd man out as my local friends have become addicted to MOBAs like League of Legends and Dota 2. I can watch streams and tournaments no problem, but when it comes to playing them it is just my thing. I'm not even sure why because I'm playing with friends and stuff, but most of the time I find myself either bored and/or frustrated. Almost always wondering "So when do I start having fun?"

What genre do you guys have problems with?

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Aug 9th, 2014 at 05:45 PM

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 05:37 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

I dislike sport and puzzle games >.>

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 05:41 PM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I can play sports game just fine. Not enough to own them, but if someone decides to play sports game then sure I'll play. Mobas...ugh...I feel like bashing them with their pro keyboards every time they bring them up.

(please log in to view the image)

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Aug 9th, 2014 at 05:49 PM

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 05:46 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Real life simulation games, The Sims, Train Simulator, etc. What the ****, guys.

I do like Sim City, though.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 05:49 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Sports of any kind and MMORPG.

I tried the two week free demo of World of Warcraft, but I quit playing after about two days. Boring and stagnant.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 06:03 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

MMORPG's, Modern day FPS (Bioshock and Bioshock:Infinite are the only exceptions, trying to get into Crysis at the moment), Casual tutti-fruity music-based games like Just Dance and Guitar/Band Hero etc., and tower defence games.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 06:14 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Sports games and simulation FPS, so your CoDs, BFs etc. For the latter it's how frail the charaters are and how overall subhuman they feel in movement and reactions. Tad boring. Can get behind ones like Halo and Crysis.

I could be fine playing an MMO if it wasn't for the grinding and for most of the forces social requirements (can only take on X with a party)

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 08:36 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

MOBA's, sandbox games, JRPG's, fighters and sports games.

All are genres that make me want to kill myself.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 08:40 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Sports games are pretty lame, but not as lame as simulating trains.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 08:43 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Open world FPS games (Far Cry etc). I love open world. GTA, Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row etc, but I just can't get past the small field of view. Even putting up the FOV just doesn't do it for me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 08:44 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

^
Boooo on FC
Sport games.
Honestly cant understand how can people play some of them.
They should make a lifting game where you can do stuff like chest day.

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 09:17 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch
MOBA's, sandbox games, JRPG's, fighters and sports games.

All are genres that make me want to kill myself.
Jesus dude, kill yourself.

**** all of you actually. Sports games? The Fight Night series was great, eat shit. thumb up

MOBAs are the big one that come to mind, but admittedly that's only because my first time playing League of Legends a Leonabot made my life a living nightmare whenever she wanted to. She saw my perky little butt and took it whenever it suited her.

I dunno about any others. Maybe RTS's, but I mostly shit on them to piss off FinalAnswer, and my not playing them ties into that.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 10:00 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Do wrestling games count as sport games? Because I used to like those. haven't played one in about a decade though, so who knows.

And yeah, Leonabot didn't care about anything, lol.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 10:10 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Honestly I don't think their is a genre I don't like to a degree. I mean yeah I dislike madden and stuff but some sports games like boxing, or some of the older football games I had fun with. I think I've liked enough games of every major genre to while it might not be my favorite, I won't say I can't get into them.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 10:11 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I did used to like punching the **** out of enemy quarterbacks in NFL Blitz. Good shit.

I'd count wrestling games under sports, yeah. Raw vs. Smackdown is good shit.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 10:17 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Open world games, RTS, real-life sims, and sandbox games. If we're naming specific examples: Minecraft, Skyrim, Sim City, Warcraft/Starcraft, Grand Theft Auto.....I just don't understand the appeal. MMORPGs have lost my interest over time, although I am more open to them than the others.

Also, you all are terrible human beings, because League of Legends is amazing. It does have an absurdly high learning curve though.

Last edited by StyleTime on Aug 9th, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 10:40 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I would have to say the identity crisis genre is my least favorite. A genre it will believe itself to be but is the exact opposite.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Aug 9th, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 11:03 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

RTSs: I'm not a fan of watching the game basically play itself. Simply 'commanding' the action makes me feel relatively uninvolved and unimmersed.

Most MMORPGs: Mainly, most of them feel like the same game, and you spend way too much time getting so little done at a time to build up to basically nothing. By the time you obtain something you want you have no real use for it, and you typically just end up doing it all again. There might one day be SOMETHING that earns my attention, but as it stands, most of them aren't worth my time, attention, or monthly investment. Try strapping outside of monotony and we'll talk.

Sports: Why the f**k would I do this?! Realistically, there's nothing I can do here that I can't do IRL.

Simulators: (see 'Sports')

Pretentious "Interactive Narratives" (sub-Indie): Do I really need to explain?!

Most Racers: I can make exceptions for games such Jak X and F-zero for having something distinguishable and enjoyable to add to the experience. Besides that, there's really nothing to it besides a wasted investment. If you're trying to make a "realistic" racer, you may as well call it 'Driving Simulator #37'; except Forza and Gran Turismo practically already beat you to it.

Sandbox: This goes back to Sports. It's basically just manual labor, only it takes place on another plain of existence. Simply put, they're f**king boring, without even so much as a goal in mind. Thanks, but no thanks. I can find better ways to waste my time.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 11:09 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Umm, probably MMORPG's. I never really played them but I have no interest in grinding.

I guess it's not the genre but gameplay elements in certain games.

For ex. Tedious grinding, cheapness and RTS's online. I can't play them because I feel like I'm not moving fast enough....

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 11:48 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

MMORPG, Sports, Racing (unless its in a GTA game or something similar then its okay) & open world RPG's

Old Post Aug 10th, 2014 02:33 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote